I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I just looked at the Hilton and it would be around $400/night. That really is more than we want to spend. We may look at an afternoon flight but that means overnighting in either London or Brussels and taking an early AM flight the next day to the US...that would be OK except that we would need to lug all of our luggage. It can't be checked thru according to American.

YIKES!! :eek: We're paying $235 for the night. I got this through Orbitz.

What do you recommend that we do at Tivoli? There are no children with us, and we are not planning on going to the amusement park. How much time do we need there, do we have to pay to go in, and what exactly do we want to see? Help!

Thank you

There is a charge of DDK 85 to go into Tivoli and walk around. IMO it is NOT worth $11 each to go in and walk around. However, admission to Tivoli is an included perk of the CPH card, if you plan on buying it.

Just returned from our Baltic Cruise - had a great time. Wanted to share a great tip for a great tour we found in Copenhagen.

It's the 90 min Hans Christian Andersen Walking tour in Copenhagen. Meets outside Copenhagen right now which is the tourist information shop (by the train station), 10:30 a.m. daily. Your fabulous guide (dressed and in character as Hans Christian Andersen) takes you on a 70-90 minute walking tour of copenhagen for $15 US a person (he also takes Euro and local currency of course).

Several of us are flying in to Copenhagen the day before our cruise leaves and want to meet for lunch and then take the Nekko canal boat tour. The hotels we are staying in are the Marriott, The Square, the Hebron and Clarion Hotel 27. Is there a restaurant that would be semi-convenient to all of these and also the canal boats? Or, one that we could all get to that would be convenient to the canal boats? Thank you for all of the wonderful information that you have been giving us. If you are ever in New Hope, PA, let us return the favor.

Several of us are flying in to Copenhagen the day before our cruise leaves and want to meet for lunch and then take the Nekko canal boat tour. The hotels we are staying in are the Marriott, The Square, the Hebron and Clarion Hotel 27. Is there a restaurant that would be semi-convenient to all of these and also the canal boats? Or, one that we could all get to that would be convenient to the canal boats? Thank you for all of the wonderful information that you have been giving us. If you are ever in New Hope, PA, let us return the favor.

I would meet at Nyhavn. There are a ton of eating places alongside one side, most with outdoor dining (which is nice on a warm summer day). Blue Netto is the other side about mid-way down.

Hello,

We will be in Copenhagen on Tuesday (Norwegian Jewel) and are still trying to put together our plans for the day. We were thinking of getting around on the HOHO bus, taking in a Richard Karpen walking tour, doing a canal cruise, and going to the Museum of Danish Resistance. Hopefully we'll have time to fit in the Round Tower and strolling Stroget too.

My questions are:

1. Is the Museum of Danish Resistance on the HOHO bus line? If so, which line? If not, what's the best way to get there after our walking tour? As far as I can tell, the walking tour ends near the Russian Church and Amalienborg...?

2. Any thoughts on the Museum of Danish Resistance? It looks interesting to us, but it's always helpful to have input from people who have visited.

Thanks! :)

Hello,

Any thoughts on the Museum of Danish Resistance? It looks interesting to us, but it's always helpful to have input from people who have visited.

Thanks! :)

We went there earlier this month. It was an interesting, fairly small museum a short walk from the Little Mermaid. If you're a WWII buff, you'd really like it. Try to be there when they are giving a free English guided tour, which brings the exhibits to life. It would be around a 30 minute walk from the ship (we did this going back to Freeport), or a 10 minute walk from Østerport station, which you can get to from the ship by a very short train ride or the #26 bus.

Les

Can you tell me the cost of a taxi from the airport to the Nimb Hotel, Bernstorffsgade 5, 1577 Copenhagen V. It's close to Tivoli. Are there taxi vans? We're 6 people with luggage, so we'd have to take several taxis. We're debating between taxis & having the hotel send a van for us. I'm comparing the price. We do not want to take the train.

Thanks.

1. Is the Museum of Danish Resistance on the HOHO bus line? If so, which line? If not, what's the best way to get there after our walking tour? As far as I can tell, the walking tour ends near the Russian Church and Amalienborg...?

It's very close to Amalienborg, on Esplanaden at Churchillparken (Amaliegade becomes Churchillparken at Esplanaden).

Can you tell me the cost of a taxi from the airport to the Nimb Hotel, Bernstorffsgade 5, 1577 Copenhagen V. It's close to Tivoli. Are there taxi vans? We're 6 people with luggage, so we'd have to take several taxis. We're debating between taxis & having the hotel send a van for us. I'm comparing the price. We do not want to take the train.

Thanks.

We just paid 244 DKK from the airport to scandic copenhagen. We had 5 bags among two people. With 6 passengers you will likely need 2 taxi's, or get lucky and find one the taxis vans that I saw at the airport today.

Please help as I am soooooo bad with times and directions...

I will be in Copenhagen on the Grand Princess on Sept 1st.

The ship will dock 9am-4am

Please plan my day for me and how to get from point A to Point B

Sights I would like to do are...hoho tour, canal tour, Ice Bar (which opens on that day from 12:30pm (half hour) and later in the day or possibly at night Tivoli. I would love to add more in if you think I have time like the Castle and Palace

I don't know how to schedule the list and what transportations I should use. I would really love any help you can give me.

Please help as I am soooooo bad with times and directions...

I will be in Copenhagen on the Grand Princess on Sept 1st.

The ship will dock 9am-4am

Please plan my day for me and how to get from point A to Point B

Sights I would like to do are...hoho tour, canal tour, Ice Bar (which opens on that day from 12:30pm (half hour) and later in the day or possibly at night Tivoli. I would love to add more in if you think I have time like the Castle and Palace

I don't know how to schedule the list and what transportations I should use. I would really love any help you can give me.

Wow! That's a lot to ask for....someone planning your whole day for you. :eek:

To be honest, it sort of sounds like you might be better off with a ship's tour.

I do see one tiny problem with what you've proffered so far though....you won't likely be able to visit Tivoli at night, if you ship is only in port from 9am-4pm.

I do see one tiny problem with what you've proffered so far though....you won't likely be able to visit Tivoli at night, if you ship is only in port from 9am-4pm.

Looks like they overnight in CPH

But they need to do some research

I would do the HOHO that would give you most of the highlights

Wow! That's a lot to ask for....someone planning your whole day for you. :eek:

To be honest, it sort of sounds like you might be better off with a ship's tour.

Sorry if I offended you. I really didn't mean it the way it sounded. I guess I have to watch my type of humor...

Anyway...I see this has been answered but I am there until 4am like I said in my post not 4pm.

I have booked a canal/Tivoli tour with the ship. That takes care of two things and what to do at night.

During the day I do want to see the changing of the guards, the crown jewels and make a reservation for the ice bar. Anything else will be fine or not.

The problem I am having is figuring out what to do first, second, etc and whether I should use any sort of transporation.

I want to be back on board by 4pm at the latest so I am thinking I should do the Ice Bar last??? Maybe make a reservatiion 2-2:30...

I have not been to Copenhagen before, but just booked a cruise that departs from/returns to there for Sept 2010.

I guess I really need to look at a map, but thought I'd just post a few questions here...

Where does the Vision of the Seas dock there? Is it anywhere near the airport?

Where would be the best area/hotel to stay one or two nights, figuring that we'll have to get to it from the airport, and then again from the hotel to the cruise terminal?

Since we're there either a partial day or one full day, would it be best to try and find some organized city tour to see the sites?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

I have not been to Copenhagen before, but just booked a cruise that departs from/returns to there for Sept 2010.

I guess I really need to look at a map, but thought I'd just post a few questions here...

You may want to read through this thread or use the "SEARCH THIS Forum" tab

MAP

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/media(2505,1033)/Kort.pdf

The port is about 30 minute from the airport.

I am guess the ship will be at Free port

Check the map ...Tivoli is in the city centre you will see the ports marked

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Thank you for offering information - this is very helpful.

My husband and I will be arriving on September 13, 2009 and will be staying at the Adina apartments for two nights. We are thinking of taking the metro, however, I dont know the nearest metro stop to the hotel. Are you able to help me? thanks in advance.:)

You may want to read through this thread or use the "SEARCH THIS Forum" tab

MAP

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/media(2505,1033)/Kort.pdf

The port is about 30 minute from the airport.

I am guess the ship will be at Free port

Check the map ...Tivoli is in the city centre you will see the ports marked

Thank you, the site you provided is great!

Trying to plan my 1 day pre-cruise in Copenhagen, but have a question. What's the thought on going to Frederiksborg Castle? I have searched this thread and have found some entries but would like some more input. It sounds beautiful, but is it easy to get to? We are going to buy a 24-hour CPH card. How long does it take to get there and how much time would you need to explore the grounds? Thanks for your help!

Hi bigwally, first of all thank you for taking your time out to respond to the many requests that you have responded to. I think by reading through your thread that I have got sufficient info to plan our day in Copenhagen. Just to be sure, can you confirm that I can take the 26 bus from langelinie pier to Tivoli then after I leave tivoli I can cross the road to Gammel Strand where I can take a 60 minute canal boat ride? Its just that I could not see Gammel Strand on map http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/cont...1033)/Kort.pdf

I see from the DFDS site that the price of an adult ticket for the canal trip is only DKK 60. Is this the current price as it seems quite inexpensive ( cheap) to me. Also finally do you know the bus fare to Tivoli and can you get a ticket on the bus or do you have to go to a machine at the pier. Also I take it I will be able to return to the pier on the 26 bus leaving from gammel strand or Tivoli. Is City hall in this area too? I really do appreciate you help. Bless you

Archived