Ship's Photographer

Is there a place on the ship where they do casual posed pictures? For example I would like to have a family picture taken (only 3 of us) and all of us would be dressed similiar (kahki shorts, same color shirts, no shoes, etc). I would also like to do something similiar with just my husband and I since we will be celebrating our 25 th anniversary a few months later. Thanks!

The lifestyle portraits might also be a good opportunity for this type of a picture. My husband and I just did this on Mariner a few weeks ago and it was great - we got a few really good shots wearing similar clothes and showing off our new C&A hats :D

I'm not sure what ship you are on and whether they are all the same as far as the photography sessions go, but we just got off the Mariner two days ago and there were casual photo sessions available almost every night. There was also a place for a more casual pictures even on formal night. So the short answer is yes, you should be able to get the pictures you are looking for.

The nice thing with the casual photos is there is no charge to have them taken. You can do it several times during the course of the cruise and then only pick out the best picture(s) to purchase. The only negative is the pictures are somewhat pricey (approximately $20 each for the full size ones).

The nice thing with the casual photos is there is no charge to have them taken. You can do it several times during the course of the cruise and then only pick out the best picture(s) to purchase.

Totally agreed.

They are called Lifestyle Portraits, and they are available on a white or black background. We looked at the shots that were displayed of other passengers, and found we liked the white background better. We found the day and time they are available (read your Cruise Compass) and just lined up. The photographer will pose you because s/he knows what looks best, but I'm sure if you had something in mind that would be OK too.

Thanks everyone! We will be on the Majesty. Hope to be able to get it done!!!!!

My dd and I were just on the Majesty. Lifestyle portraits available in both black or white. You will be barefoot, down on the floor, very casual.

Enjoy your cruise!

Totally agreed.

They are called Lifestyle Portraits, and they are available on a white or black background. We looked at the shots that were displayed of other passengers, and found we liked the white background better. We found the day and time they are available (read your Cruise Compass) and just lined up. The photographer will pose you because s/he knows what looks best, but I'm sure if you had something in mind that would be OK too.

Lifestyle portraits are great. I am photogenically challenged - so I can never find a good picture of me. I get these coupons for a free photo in my Diamond coupon book every cruise. I have 4 saved up due to the aforementioned challenge. Anyway, on the last cruise, there was the cutest Lifestyle photo (not of me) of this family with an ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE toddler. My friend (Ladylawyer) and I each debated about purchasing the picture because it was soooo awesome (you just wanted to squeeze his little chubby cheeks). Well, we didn't get the pictures because we thought it would be just too weird to have a picture of a family we didn't know. Point of the story, the pictures, as long as I'm not in them, are really cool.

Took our first Lifestyle pictures on the Voyager in January. I must say they were the best pictures we have ever had taken on our cruises. Hubby has a hard time with glare on his glasses. There isn't a glare on the lifestyle picture. I am looking at the picture up on our mantel as I type. Hubby showed me his wallpaper on his new camera. Yep, you got it....it is on his new phone.

We have been on a few cruises and love to get the pics. When you consider there is no sitting charge $20 is not a bad price, plus the coupons. The problem is we are always possed the same. It seems they have about 3 different posses. Our pictures from the Princess are a bit different, but they were not near as well done IMO. I have so many pictures of us and the only difference is our age. Help, can they do anything different? I cannot convince DH to do the Life Style. It may be the name.:o

We have two teenage daughters and we had both of their senior pictures taken on cruises. I simply approached one of the many ship's photographers and asked if they were for hire. I don't remember the specifics, but ballpark it cost me $200 for the session. For that we got close to 100 pictures taken, all on a cd plus we got to pick ten of our favorites and they printed off fifty wallet sizes of each. On one of the sea days, my daughter and her mother went around the ship and took some really cool pictures - some with formal clothes, some with casual and some in her bathing suit. Try doing all of that for $200 at home. When we returned home, I simply took the cd to Walmart and printed off whatever 8x10's and 5x7's we wanted for friends and relatives.

Peter

We have been on a few cruises and love to get the pics. When you consider there is no sitting charge $20 is not a bad price, plus the coupons. The problem is we are always possed the same. It seems they have about 3 different posses. Our pictures from the Princess are a bit different, but they were not near as well done IMO. I have so many pictures of us and the only difference is our age. Help, can they do anything different? I cannot convince DH to do the Life Style. It may be the name.:o

You can always ask. Think of poses you have seen in pictures and ask them to take it that way. I like some of the ones on the glass stairways. Sometimes the problem is the background. There are some backgrounds (a lot of greens and the faded out brown) where most of the photos taken just don't look good because the color seems to wash the people out.

Archived