Will I still be able to Hump?

Booked category X balcony guarantee on LOS for $1549pp a week ago. I am assigned a nice hump (7332) and just checked the rates today and they DROPPED $200PP to $1349. I just notified my TA. Is there a chance that I may lose my nice hump if I fight back for my $400???

Relative is a TA and the agency she works for does a lot of business with RCCL. I told her I did not want to lose my cabin selection! I should hear back from her tomorrow and will report back to the board what happened. I hope I can get a refund on the difference and not lose my hump.

Relative is a TA and the agency she works for does a lot of business with RCCL. I told her I did not want to lose my cabin selection! I should hear back from her tomorrow and will report back to the board what happened. I hope I can get a refund on the difference and not lose my hump.

Good Luck!! please let us know how you make out. I wouldn't want to lose the hump either.

The price drop may not cause you to loose the hump, but BEWARE, that RCI can change the cabin assignment at any time, not very common, but it can happen. Just one of the negatives of booking a Guarantee:(

Well, I lost my hump! The reservation had to be cancelled and re-done. On the upside upon reactivating my CA membership my TA notified me that I am a Platinum member. I saved $200pp and an additional $100 for my platinum status. I'm hoping to get a good assignment on my cabin again. Should I try to contact them for an assignment/will my Platinum status help in the assignment of my cabin?

Thanks!

Well, I lost my hump! The reservation had to be cancelled and re-done. On the upside upon reactivating my CA membership my TA notified me that I am a Platinum member. I saved $200pp and an additional $100 for my platinum status. I'm hoping to get a good assignment on my cabin again. Should I try to contact them for an assignment/will my Platinum status help in the assignment of my cabin?

Thanks!

$400 for a hump? I think you were wise to take the $400.:D

Okay folks I need some serious advice here. I lost my hump (which was a category E2 cabin 7332) as you know and just got assigned 7384 which is category D1 (which I guess is a little larger). What should I do? Should I try to get my hump back or should I just be happy I got a D1 toward the back? Also, 7384 is adjoining and I know some of you said that is not so great. What gives?

Okay folks I need some serious advice here. I lost my hump (which was a category E2 cabin 7332) as you know and just got assigned 7384 which is category D1 (which I guess is a little larger). What should I do? Should I try to get my hump back or should I just be happy I got a D1 toward the back? Also, 7384 is adjoining and I know some of you said that is not so great. What gives?

Since you booked a guarantee I do not think you have much recourse to get the hump back; I'd be happy with the money you saved though; to me that much $$$ is better than the cabin location. Probably the only way to get that cabin back would be to "upgrade" from a gaurantee and book that particular cabin; you'd have to pay the cost difference though.

The negative things people said about adjoining rooms is they are less soundproof; you can sometimes hear noises from the people in the next room through the adjoining door. Some have stated that they were able to muffle that noise by laying a towel down across the bottom of the door.

Have a nice cruise. :)

Yeah I figure it will not be easy to change a guarantee. On the upside I got changed from an E2 to a D1. Is there a nice difference between D and E categories. From the RCCL site it looks like a 50 square foot difference.

Archived