crowne princess

GoldenGirl327

we'll be going on the carribean cruise in october with our two kids (7 and 4) and i'm so nervous about there not being enough for them to do. i've read about the onboard kids room, but is it really any good and worth it? do enough kids show up to keep everyone entertained? plus we'll all be in the same room, how bad is that? i think we're in a basic room, should we upgrade to a bigger room? (someone else is paying our way). i'm just so nervous about them b/c bored kids are a terror!!!

thanks in advance!!

Rebecca

I have no first hand experience with The Kids Program, but have heard nothing but rave reviews. Some parents have a tough time getting their kids to join them once they get started with the fun.:cool:

You say yours are 4 and 7. I don't know what the age group splits are, but in any event, from what I hear they will have a great time and you will too. Just enjoy:)

I don't know what you mean by Basic Room, a little more explanation would be helpful on that. If you already have a mini-suite, you will have plenty of room.:D

we'll be going on the carribean cruise in october with our two kids (7 and 4) and i'm so nervous about there not being enough for them to do. i've read about the onboard kids room, but is it really any good and worth it? do enough kids show up to keep everyone entertained? plus we'll all be in the same room, how bad is that? i think we're in a basic room, should we upgrade to a bigger room? (someone else is paying our way). i'm just so nervous about them b/c bored kids are a terror!!!

thanks in advance!!

Rebecca

When in October are you sailing. I'm booked on the 10/12 sailing and some people in our "roll call" have kids. I know Princess puts a lot of effort into their kids programs and I think your children will love it.

As far as the room goes, 4 in a room can be a challenge, mainly because of the bathroom. If you are accustomed to sharing a bath, I doubt you'll have a problem. One of my most fun cruises was 4 adult women in a cabin. We had a blast and no problems at all with the space. We were all very flexible with 'bathroom times'.

Enjoy your cruise!!! Let me know if you happen to be on the 10/12 sailing.

My kids went on their first Princess cruise last year - 30 days and there were only 8 kids booked so I was really worried about them being bored, especially when we had 4 days at sea at a time.

They loved the camp, never once said they were bored in 30 days and had an amazing time.

They had cruised before on DCL and Carnival so knew more or less what to expect.

Your kids will love it:D

I booked a cruise on the Crown for my family four and thought nothing of reserving a balcony room. I then switched to a quad. I started to look at pictures and noticed that Princess rooms are much smaller than what I was used to (Carnival Liberty). I decided to move up to a mini-suite e731 with a larger balcony. It was $530 more. But I like knowing that we'll be living comfortably for a week rather than in a cramped room.

As much as we love going on cruises, I wouldn't have gone on one with my kids until my youngest was 6. Before then, I thought mine were better off with beach resort vacations combined with Orlando theme parks. At that age, there is just more to stimulate kids and I wanted to wait until I felt comfortable that they could handle being in a dining room for 90 minutes. I also thought shore excursions would be restrictive if my kids were too little. It's a really tough decision. Good luck.

Thanks everyone. We'll be sailing the last week in October. How do you find out the "roll call" to see how many other kids are on board? do you just call up Princess and ask them?

I called them, sometimes they will tell you they can't tell you but just tell them they had previously given out that info, they even gave me a breakdown of the age groups.

We first took our grandchildren on a cruise when they were 5 and 8. They had lots to do and loved the kids program. They do all kinds of crafts, active play, some video games and they always had a story to tell. They loved the councilers (?sp). They took part in a talent show. They both got a medal and the younger child got a small stuffed animal - a manatee I think.

When we were on the Star a couple of years ago, I was talking with a woman who said she had only seen her kids at meals. For the rest of the time her kids (middle school age) were either hanging out with other kids they'd met on the ship or were at some activity being sponsored by the cruise director's staff. She said they had to be dragged back to the cabin to go to bed.

Hi Rebecca,

You wouldn't happen to be going the week of October 19th?? We are sailing on the Crown Princess that week with our two kids who will be age 9 and 5. I heard that you can call Princess closer to the date and inquire about how many kids are on board. I suggest that you join the roll call for your cruise and see if anyone else with kids are on it.

I have heard amazing things about the kids programs. Plus all the other things on board and the excursions/beaches should keep them having fun. I find that my kids are great when they are on vacation with us ... largely because we are so relaxed and they have all of our attention.

We actually ended up booking a mini-suite to ensure we had enough room.

Our kids were 4, 7 & 10 on our cruise. They LOVED it...favs were beaches, pool & the kids club. At dinner, the waiters are usually very accomodating and bring kids meals out early (or you could ask them to); when kids finished I ran them back up to kids club if they wanted.

Are you on the Oct. 5 cruise? We are; kids staying home for this one, but I know one or 2 others on the board w/ kids. Go to Princess Roll Calls, scroll to Crown and find the date you are cruising. Just ask!

Have a great time!

PS regarding the room question...it will be cozy, but your kids are small enough it will be little issue. Very little time is spent in the room anyway.

Archived