Princess Didn't Charge Us?

jag27

We got off the CB last week and settled our bill on the last sea day. When we got home, DH check his account and saw the amount we settled plus a few other charges "pending". He called the bank and they confirmed they were pending charges from Princess. No problem, we figured the other pending charges were just holds they ran while we were on board.

Well, DH checks his account yesterday (exactly one week since we disembarked) and not only did the other charges NOT go through, but the amount of our final bill was never dedecuted from DH's account? Could it be possible that we got away with free tips, drinks, and everything else we charged on the ship? I told DH to check his account over the next few days just in case it does go through, but has this happend to others - where Princess charged your card week(s) later?

I agree with Sea Hag. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for the charges to show on your account.. I would not hold my breath thinking that those shipboard charges will vanish into never never land.. :)

I found that if Princess process the account normally the charge appears on my credit card account immediately, however if I pay by credit card slip on the last night (to ensure the charge is in dollars) it can take up to 4 weeks for the charge to hit my on-line card statement.

The girl at the guest service's desk did do the manual credit slip, so I could see how it would take a few weeks. But I don't understand is that it went through as a pending charge and then not deduct the funds.

Sometimes international credit card transactions are held for several days or weeks as the credit card company tries to get a favourable exchange rate. Even though your onboard charges are printed in dollars and you are charged the correct number of dollars on your statement, if the bank doing the charging (ie-Princess's bank) is overseas, they might wait to try and get a good exchange to whatever currency they use (Euros, pounds, deutschmarks, etc.).

Maybe it is a wedding gift!

If you charged with your CC, why did need to settle your account on the last day of the cruise? We were on the same cruise and my CC was charged the next day. I always check the bill before we leave the ship.

Unless they charged somebody else instead of you, in this case it might take them a few weeks for to figure out who they missed. My friends on the the same sailing were charged for someone else purchase in the ship's shop. It took 5 min to confirm that receipt has different name and signature. They were credited on the spot.

We got off the CB last week and settled our bill on the last sea day. When we got home, DH check his account and saw the amount we settled plus a few other charges "pending". He called the bank and they confirmed they were pending charges from Princess. No problem, we figured the other pending charges were just holds they ran while we were on board.

Well, DH checks his account yesterday (exactly one week since we disembarked) and not only did the other charges NOT go through, but the amount of our final bill was never dedecuted from DH's account? Could it be possible that we got away with free tips, drinks, and everything else we charged on the ship? I told DH to check his account over the next few days just in case it does go through, but has this happend to others - where Princess charged your card week(s) later?

And if doesn't show up what will you do?

Archived