OBC from TA, do you see it before boarding?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

This is the first cruise I have booked that included OBC from the online TA. On the travel details section of the e-mail they sent me, it says we will get a bottle of wine and $100 of OBC. Does any of that show up on your cruise personalizer when you log into Princess.com before you actually get on the ship, or is it just supposed to magically appear in your onboard account once you embark?

I would just like to make sure it's there before boarding if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

It did not show on my recent RC cruise beforehand, but it was there when I checked onboard, and we got a postcard with the info on it in our cabin.

It doesn't show for my Princess cruise in November either. But I'm sure it'll be there. Maybe just confirm your understanding with your TA before you go?

-L

When you get OBC from your TA it does not show up until you board.Just check with the pursers desk and request a statement. it will be on there. Now I always take the receipt that I get from the TA telling me I have gotten whatever amt. You never know, things happen. At least I have a written confirmation of what I am receiving from my TA. It will also not show up on the Cruise Personalizer, only what Princess gives you.

Marilyn

The OBC from the TA will not show anywhere (other than correspondence from your TA) before you board the ship. It was in my shipboard account when I requested a printout of my account (to confirm OBC and currency to be used for shipboard charges) on the second day of the cruise.

I learned from posters on CC to always make a copy of the TA's promise of OBC and then confirm with the pursar or look for the OBC card from the TA in your cabin. Also save those bar receipts. We had overcharges in one of the lounges but had receipt to prove what the correct charge was.

Also be careful of those hand written bills, check them before stuffing into your pocket or bag.

It does show the obc on my deposit confirmation for Princess my ta gave me a copy.

Christine

Look in your Circle Savings Account - My Savings.

We have a total of $350 from booking our current cruise.

My OBC shows $250 Applied to booking.

My DW account show $100 Applied to booking.

Princess told me they say Applied to booking and will not reflect as an OBC until the day the cruise begins.

Check your account!

Folks,

Thanks for the replies, I will keep all of this in mind. Another question for the experts. The paperwork I got from the TA shows $50 credit for me and $50 for my wife (plus a bottle of wine). Now would the TA paperwork include the OBC I get from Princess for using a FCC ($25/pp), or only their OBC?

I had assumed that the OBC from the TA was $50/cabin, but maybe it's $100/cabin, unless it does include the OBC from Princess.

Thanks again!

Mike

Archived