Great mock up pictures of Odyssey suites

highcbob

....I'm almost afraid to say this, but does anyone else not like the decor? The beautiful etched glass in the penthouse is nice, but I guess I'm not a fan of modern design.

Jane :rolleyes:

I think that the mock ups look great,but some things could change slightly.

Can't wait till I get on board

Personally, I love the design. I wouldn't call it modern so much as contemporary. The sofa looks great and I like the fabric. What concerns me a bit, and I realize it's very hard to tell from this mockup, is that the cabin looks a lot narrower than those on the triplets. I assume some of that square footage is in the bathroom and the closet. Still, I love how wide the sitting area is on the current ships.

I think that is right the ordinary suites are narrower but will be longer as the new ship has a wider beam than the triplets. I have to say the passage between the end of the bed and the cabinet looks on the photograph very narrow. Time will tell what is like in the flesh.

....I'm almost afraid to say this, but does anyone else not like the decor? The beautiful etched glass in the penthouse is nice, but I guess I'm not a fan of modern design.

Jane :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with you more. The mock-up left me cold. I hope the real thing is warmer and less "blocky". Jean

Yes, it looks MUCH narrower! They have gotten rid of the desk/make up table AND the coffee table that doubles as a dining room table for room service! And it appears that the TV is behind wood cabinet doors, which gives more of a boxy, closed in feeling than the glass front cabinet and open TV area.

The bathroom is smaller (less counter space it looks like) and the walk in is smaller. But I do like that they both open to the hallway instead of into the bedroom area as it is now, so when one person gets up at night you shouldn't wake the other. And hopefully, they will put the light switch INSIDE the bathroom, so you can close the door at night before turning the light on.

It will be interesting to see if you can stand at the foot of the bed while opening the drawers or whether you have to stand at the side!

I have heard such wonderful things about Seabourn -- the only thing that has kept us from trying it (currently "Regent only" cruisers) is the current lack of balconies. I looked forward to the "new" ship.

It was truly disappointing to see the small, narrow suites. The decor is lovely -- nicely appointed bathrooms...... just trying to figure out why the suites aren't competitive (size wise) with Silversea and Regent. We recently sailed on the Seven Seas Mariner and found the narrow suites to be just "too small" (upgraded to a Penthouse -- just for extra room).

It seems that Seabourn has the best food and service of the luxury cruise lines - however, unless these suites are priced less than their competition, there is just no reason to change.

Just my opinion -- hope it sails full and does well!:(

The SB suites are, in fact, comparable in size to Silversea and Regent. The smallest suites in the Odyssey, I believe are 295 sq, ft without balcony, some 300. On the Silver Shadow and Whisper the suites are 287 sq. ft without balcony and on the Mariner 300 WITH balcony, on the Voyager about the same as Silversea. It is really all about the layout rather than the square footage. On the triplets there is no corridor when entering. While not as impressive it saves a lot of space which is used in the suite itself. This, of course, is due to the fact that the ship's beam is narrower and cannot accommodate the corridors, but it may have been a blessing in disguise.

I think it is all about usability of space and that will remain to be seen once we have to spend a sustained period of time in the suites. I have never felt crowded on the triplets, even for 32 days. I hope I will be able to say the same on the Odyssey where I have a much longer cruise booked.

The mockup pictures are a disapointment--the suits look real narrow. I compared the Penthouse with the Silver suite on Silversea--they seem to be about the same price--Silver suite just under 700 sq ft--the Penthouse 436 sq ft, and about 25 sq ft smaller veranda. 436 sq ft is a nice size, but price wise not a good deal when compared to Silversea. Don

The 700 sq. ft. in the silver Suites on Silversea include the veranda. The 436 in the Odyssey penthouses does not. That adds almost another 100 sq. ft. And remember the silver suites on the Cloud and Wind are about 550 sq. ft. including veranda, which is comparable. Only the Shadow and Whisper's silver suites are larger. Anyway, I doubt Seabourn created their penthouse suites to compare with SS's silver suites. They are really a category to bridge the normal suites to the really big ones.

As for the regular suites I am hoping these mockup photos do not truly reflect the scale of furniture to cabin size.

Have I got this wrong, or have they done away with the dressing tables at the foot of the bed? I do hope not. I like to sit down when drying my hair or applying make up and it's just not possible in the bathroom!

I agree with you on that....I am spoiled...and enjoy the fact..Lola

Even though I brought up the apparent narrowness of the suites from the mockup photos I do not think we should judge from these. Depending on the lens used the suites might not actually be as narrow as they look. Also, we have to wait and see exactly how the square footage is used elsewhere in the suite, in the parts we have not seen in the photos.

She looks like she'll be a beautiful ship. Maybe my first Seabourn ship?;) (Hopefully, but doubtful :( )

I like the cabins very much. Actually, the color scheme and overall design remind me of Celebrity Solstice.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=694

I was ecstatic when I saw the cabins and how roomy Solstice's bathrooms looked. Odyssey just put them to shame.:D

Archived