For Those Who Love The Brilliance Of The Seas

cctn

Hopefully we can meet and chat here about our favorite ship -

The Brilliance of the Seas - and share our cruise stories on her - even tho' she is now in Europe, I plan to sail on her even if I have to fly all the way from Ca to Europe!! Corkey

You are righr Sapelo - our first on the Brilliance was a 10 day Caribbean - than a 12 day and the rest were all 13 days -- somehow, even tho' the other Radiance ships are all the same layout, The Brilliance is definitely my favorite - maybe because of some of the crew members. Corkey

Ah! The Brilliance! The Diamond of the Seas!

My DH and I chose her (by sheer luck!) for our honeymoon cruise (Panama Canal). Perfect! 11 nights on the Brilliance was not enough.

Hey Pat...it was the perfect cruise wasn't it????

We were on the Serenade to Alaska before going on the Brilliance. Now I personally loved Alaska more than the Panama Canal trip but it's true there was something that much greater about the Brilliance itself. I loved it so much we booked our European cruise on her:) :)

Hi Sue! Imagine meeting you here! :D

I see a new cruise in your signature and it's the BRILLIANCE! What an annniversary cruise that will be!

I can't wait, though we do have the Jewel in Sept and I earned both a Princess and Cunnard cruise for completing their online TA programs.

6 of us will be on Brilliance in Feb-March for our first time on this ship- from what I've read the ship is as great as the ports. Barcelona, canary Isls, Morocco,casablanca ect. departing on 2/24/08. Anyone taken any private excursions in these ports. Our cabins are 8562 8564 8560-

Hope to see you there

mcrjle

We were on the Serenade to Alaska before going on the Brilliance. Now I personally loved Alaska more than the Panama Canal trip but it's true there was something that much greater about the Brilliance itself. I loved it so much we booked our European cruise on her:) :)

Have a fun cruise - I was on the Serenade last month for a 14 day AK cruise - loved it -- loved the Serenade but I like the Brilliance better-- don't know why exactly, it's just a feeling I have... Corkey

Hi,

I have seen some interesting itineraries for the Brilliance in the Med in summer 2009, but am unsure if we will be disappointed, having been on the Liberty first and then just recently the navigator. We noticed a bit of wear and tear in the older Navigator but, because she has virtually the same layout, we soon got used to her and had a great time.

However, I am a bit worried we will miss the Royal Prom, as we spent a fair bit of time in there chatting, drinking shopping and don't know what to expect from a Centrum of shops instead.

Is this ship more for older cruisers without children? We have a teenage son who will be 15 next year and he had a great time on the Navigator meeting lots of other kids in the Ocean Adventure facilities like the arcade and club rooms etc.

I have a hold on an IOS cruise until 7pm tonight (UK time), so any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

By the way, 7pm my time is 4 hours away!

We were on her for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise in 06 and really was quite impressed by all the glass. Will be sailing on her once again on the Med-Venice cruise on 10/13/09 and time will not go by fast enough to suit me. The Seaview cafe is one of my favorite places but the times it is open leaves something to be desired.. We have been on Voyager class ships with the Royal Promanade and it will be missed but the Brilliance is truly a grand old girl.

Captain Hakan Lindegren is my favorite Captain in the RCI fleet. He used to be on Monarch, and was always out and about the ship, chatting with the passengers. When he found out that DH was a Navy engineer for a large part of his career, they had a great time talking mechanical things (zzz). He always goes out of his way to make people feel welcome in his "home."

We only sailed Brilliance once, on a rather disastrous 3-night cruise out of Barcelona following a land trip in Italy. Due to a strike in the port and some complete ineptness on the part of the port agent, we didn't board until midnight and lost a port in the process. We need to give her another chance, although with Jewel (our favorite in the class), Radiance and Serenade sailing closer to home, it may not happen for awhile.

Hi,

I have seen some interesting itineraries for the Brilliance in the Med in summer 2009, but am unsure if we will be disappointed, having been on the Liberty first and then just recently the navigator. We noticed a bit of wear and tear in the older Navigator but, because she has virtually the same layout, we soon got used to her and had a great time.

However, I am a bit worried we will miss the Royal Prom, as we spent a fair bit of time in there chatting, drinking shopping and don't know what to expect from a Centrum of shops instead.

Is this ship more for older cruisers without children? We have a teenage son who will be 15 next year and he had a great time on the Navigator meeting lots of other kids in the Ocean Adventure facilities like the arcade and club rooms etc.

I have a hold on an IOS cruise until 7pm tonight (UK time), so any responses would be appreciated, thanks.

By the way, 7pm my time is 4 hours away!

I have been on both classes and I prefer the Brilliance over the bigger class. We noticed just as many older people on the Explorer than we had on the Brilliance. But I really think the itinerary has as much to do with it as the ship... I like the Royal Prom too, but I LOVE the Brilliance. There is just as much to do and the layout is GORGEOUS!!! She is 20,000 tons bigger than the Monarch and holds fewer people... a beautiful beautiful thing! I love the decor too... very classy. And the Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance is our favorite lunch option. You may not have quite as many things to do, but I don't think you could ever be disappointed by the Brilliance.

YOU ALL WILL BE SO JEALOUS BUT......

I'M SAILING BRILLIANCE IN 16 DAYS!!!

JULY 4TH

12 NIGHT MED CRUISE OUT OF BARCELONA

FIRST BRILLIANCE CRUISE...

FIRST RADIANCE CLASS CRUISE...

FIRST MED CRUISE....

FIRST MORE THAN 7 NIGHTS CRUISE!!!

:) :D :cool: :eek: ;)

I have been on both classes and I prefer the Brilliance over the bigger class. We noticed just as many older people on the Explorer than we had on the Brilliance. But I really think the itinerary has as much to do with it as the ship... I like the Royal Prom too, but I LOVE the Brilliance. There is just as much to do and the layout is GORGEOUS!!! She is 20,000 tons bigger than the Monarch and holds fewer people... a beautiful beautiful thing! I love the decor too... very classy. And the Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance is our favorite lunch option. You may not have quite as many things to do, but I don't think you could ever be disappointed by the Brilliance.

Thanks for the reply hylasgirl - I let the Independence booking pass, as my husband and I had a few niggling doubts about the itinerary and sailing from S.ton, and the price, and I have found quite a nice Brilliance cruise which I've put a courtesy hold on - 12 night Med Venice - which we are having a serious look at :)

My dad's birthday is on Jul 10th and we'll be on Brilliance and I'd like to know which one is the best...Portofino or Chops...personally I prefer steak...I'm not a pasta fan so I think Chops will be the best but If you could post your opinion it might help me....

It will be a surprise dinner for my parents...they never want to try the especial restaurants because the main dining food is very good and it's free but I always wanted to know how are them...ana I decided to pay for them and make a surprise....

SO WHICH ONE IS YOUR PICK???

PORTOFINO :confused: CHOPS

I personally prefer Portofino. The menu isn't just pasta. In fact, they serve a very good Filet at Portofino.

That was one of my questions....

I don't like pasta but my parents do....

Maybe I'll pick Portofino....I've heard very good things about it and not as good about Chops...

We were on her for a 12 night Panama Canal cruise in 06 and really was quite impressed by all the glass. Will be sailing on her once again on the Med-Venice cruise on 10/13/09 and time will not go by fast enough to suit me. The Seaview cafe is one of my favorite places but the times it is open leaves something to be desired.. We have been on Voyager class ships with the Royal Promanade and it will be missed but the Brilliance is truly a grand old girl.

See you there we're booked

We did the Panama Canal cruise on the Brilliance in Dec. 06 and just loved the ship. Would love to cruise on her again.

Rick; I know my vote doesn't amount to much but if I was paying for my parents to go to one of the specialty restaurants and it was Dads birthday I would take him to the restaurant that he would prefer. Would he like the pasta or the steaks?

After Reading All The Reply About Brillance Of The Seas,can't Wait Till We Go On August 9 On A 12 Day Med Cruise.....this Is Our 3 Cruise With Rc....trying To Get A Roll Call To See Who Else Is Going...leaving From Barcelona....thanks For The Info

After Reading All The Reply About Brillance Of The Seas,can't Wait Till We Go On August 9 On A 12 Day Med Cruise.....this Is Our 3 Cruise With Rc....trying To Get A Roll Call To See Who Else Is Going...leaving From Barcelona....thanks For The Info

Sounds like you're on the same cruise as I am. I tried to do a roll call last Aug. after we booked but I didn't get any response either. This is our 4th cruise.

Archived