For Those Who Love The Brilliance Of The Seas

cctn

Probably not, we've only cruised the Brilliance in the spring, March and April. We have cruised twice with Fran though, I believe along with Bill & Rita. I taught Arvin a couple of card tricks back in 03.

Gary

Ok - you had fun then if you cruised with Fran -- I know her from threads and private emails - she is a nice lady and I enjoy her a lot - OH!! so YOU even taught Arvin -- he was sure fun! Corkey

Probably not, we've only cruised the Brilliance in the spring, March and April. We have cruised twice with Fran though, I believe along with Bill & Rita. I taught Arvin a couple of card tricks back in 03.

Gary

When you go on the Brilliance - you'll have to tell me if Eric is still there - he used to email us once in a while but haven't been in touch lately ... nice kids, him and Rusti.. Corkey

When you go on the Brilliance - you'll have to tell me if Eric is still there - he used to email us once in a while but haven't been in touch lately ... nice kids, him and Rusti.. Corkey

Will do, I just hope the champagne bar is open when we board. I like Rusti to do the official "breaking in".

It's a long walk to the pool bar without a cocktail!

Aubie

anyone sailing on the Brilliance soon? so we can live thru your experiences -- Corkey Carol

After reading wonderful reviews, booked the Brilliance for the holiday cruise on December 21 - aft cabin 9660 was available. Really looking forward to it but have a few months to eagerly anticipate. Corky, do you know if they offer "spinning" classes? Thanks!

Ricardo - have a GREAT time! I am sailing for 12 nights out of Barcelona Sept 14th -- what I'm trying to find out is how many formal nights - and when are they?

Thanks a lot - please try and post a review (I will too!)

I hope its the best cruise of your life! :-)

Lisa

Got home last week from 12 nites on Brilliance. It was wonderful! Ship seemed brand new. I think I read somewhere that the bedding was recently replaced. I'm sure it was, as it was wonderful!

In answer to your question, there were three formal nights on our 12 nite cruise. I can't remember if there were two or three smart casuals, but in truth, I never could tell any difference between them and the ones that were just plain old casual.

Have fun!

Got home last week from 12 nites on Brilliance. It was wonderful! Ship seemed brand new. I think I read somewhere that the bedding was recently replaced. I'm sure it was, as it was wonderful!

In answer to your question, there were three formal nights on our 12 nite cruise. I can't remember if there were two or three smart casuals, but in truth, I never could tell any difference between them and the ones that were just plain old casual.

Have fun!

Hello: since you were just on the Brilliance, maybe you can answer RKF's question re: spinning.... I have no idea -- is that exercise related? Corkey

Hello: since you were just on the Brilliance, maybe you can answer RKF's question re: spinning.... I have no idea -- is that exercise related? Corkey

Saw his post, but have no idea what "spinning" is!!! Actually, assume they did not offer spinning classes, or I would have heard of it.

Ask me something else.

So are you ever going to tell me what spinning is?????

RKF: correct me if I am wrong....

spinning is stationery biking and just going wild with pedaling - but I don't know the technique - if you go forward then back, etc etc... Corkey

Hockeymom and Corkey - your right Corkey - they are special stationary bikes that you can adjust the tension to simulate going uphill, etc. The class is led by an instructor - usually to loud music. It is a great cardio workout. Last holiday on the Sapphire Princess the two instructors were so tough but so very good. Take care. --Ron

just wanted to check in as another Brilliance fan...done 2 partial Panama Canals (last was Feb 08) and a 12-Mediterranean. love that ship!! Angela kept us entertained in Hollywood Odyssey...hope she is well.

From other Posters, it seems that Angela is still at her regular Hollywd Ody ... she is great! love her - I get tired just looking at her move! -- Corkey

My family and i will be sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas - June 27, 2009 12 night Mediterranean Greek Isles cruise. We've sailed on the Explorer of the Seas in 2001 and the Voyager of the Seas ini 2002 both out of Miami. My wife and I cruised the mediterranean out of Rome in 2006 on the Carnival Liberty. This will be our first cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. The group will consist of myself, my wife, our youngest daughter and my parents. We're looking forward to the trip.

RKF: correct me if I am wrong....

spinning is stationery biking and just going wild with pedaling - but I don't know the technique - if you go forward then back, etc etc... Corkey

Our last cruise on the Brilliance was in Feb, and they were "Spinning"!!!!!!!!!

Angela and Katherine, are both in "Holidays". Rusti still at the champagne bar, but Eric is at a different one, don't know for sure where.

I think Rusti will be going in "Holiday" at the beginning of August, but Suzie will be back by then, and she is Great.

Have a great cruise, and I can't wait for NOV 1.... will I see any of you then?

Franca

My family and i will be sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas - June 27, 2009 12 night Mediterranean Greek Isles cruise. We've sailed on the Explorer of the Seas in 2001 and the Voyager of the Seas ini 2002 both out of Miami. My wife and I cruised the mediterranean out of Rome in 2006 on the Carnival Liberty. This will be our first cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. The group will consist of myself, my wife, our youngest daughter and my parents. We're looking forward to the trip.

Your cruise sounds like it's going to be fun - we have done two TA's on the Brilliance but never a Med cruise - you have something definitely to look forward to. Corkey

LOL.....................

I came to visit you because I needed some laughs and now your cracking me up! Yes, it's exercise! :D :D

Patty

Actually, I am ashame to say, I do not go the gym -- yikes! Corkey Carol

Ditto for me too! Okay, I can say that I'll go on our cruise next March - I always have good intentions.......I just don't follow thru.

Patty

Okay, now about the Brilliance...............

The Brilliance was and remains my favorite ship!!!! We've also been on the Radiance but the layout of the Schooner Bar and some other things is different than it was on the Brilliance. We did an 11 night Circle the Caribbean back in 2002 and so far no other cruise has come close to that one! I don't know what it was about the ship, but it remains my favorite!

Oh yeah............and ARVIN at the Schooner was definitly our favorite bartender!!!

Patty

Hey There Beachbuddy!!! Welcome Welcome!! Now where is my special Cruiser who knew ARvin??!!! WE, Patty and I knew ARvin too - in fact, she and I were on the SAME cruise, Brilliance, but we didn't meet -- we met on the Explorer last NOv and found out we were on the Brilliance same time NOv 2002 --

so we had a lot of gap to patch up - we need to go on the Brilliance again!

Corkey Carol

Ditto for me too! Okay, I can say that I'll go on our cruise next March - I always have good intentions.......I just don't follow thru.

Patty

I already know I won't be going - but maybe I will be "walking" more and I know you will be too, cuz you can. Corkey

Hey There Beachbuddy!!! Welcome Welcome!! Now where is my special Cruiser who knew ARvin??!!! WE, Patty and I knew ARvin too - in fact, she and I were on the SAME cruise, Brilliance, but we didn't meet -- we met on the Explorer last NOv and found out we were on the Brilliance same time NOv 2002 --

so we had a lot of gap to patch up - we need to go on the Brilliance again!

Corkey Carol

Come on along with us, there are still staterooms avaiable and we're getting a lively crowd on our Roll Call. We already have 36 signed up for the M&M. Not bad for a 12 day Med cruise.

Do you still have your picture of the Brilliance - Inaugural Season.

I was just looking at ours taken with Capt. James McDonald from our Circle the Caribbean cruise. We totally missed porting at Ocho Rios due to storms and bypassed Grand Cayman the went back a few days later. One of the best cruises we've been on, right up there with our 06 Panama Canal cruise.

Aubie

Aubie

Archived