Explorer excursions? What's your fave?

I am taking my first RCCL cruise in March 09. :D We are going to Labadee, St. Thomas, San Juan & Casa De Campo.

I started to look at the shore excursions and would like to book in advance. I would also consider booking from one of the local tour guides. So, I wonder... what are some of your faves? :cool:

No need for an excursion in Labadee--it's the ship's private beach, and a beauty it is! They do rent waverunners, and other watersport stuff, but it's through the ship and you have to "follow the leader"--no going off on your own.

Click on my name and look for my post about Campo de Casa - we booked a day pass at a hotel, it worked out great. I wouldn't do anything else there, other people booked with the ship and didn't like their excursions.

In Casa De Campo take the excursion to Bayahibe Beach. It was wonderful & I would go there again. Its a resort & you have use of the pools or can sit by the ocean. In the pools you can swim right up to the bar & sit on stools in the pool & all drinks were free. Beautiful resort. It was about a 30 min. bus ride to get there but was well worth it.

I agree with Trunk Bay at St. John's. We took a ferry ride to get there which was a very nice ride & I would have to say Trunk Bay is one of the prettiest beaches I have been to.

When in St. Thomas, go to Trunk Bay on St. John. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. They have a snorkel course with signs underwater that tell what you are looking at.

I second that :p Nothing in St Thomas can compare to the beaches in St John Do it on your own and take the ferry

Archived