when do you get cabin assignments

Frannie9210

When do they start giving out cabin assignments.
If you have booked a Guarantee cabin, it could be any time from the day after booking until you board the ship. MOST GTYs are assigned by shortly after final payment but others have been known to arrive at the pier to find out their cabin assignment. No matter what, if you've booked and paid for a GTY, you will have a cabin in the category you booked or better.

We booked a gty for the Ruby 11/29/08 and have already been assigned a cabin #. BUT when I was on the phone with Princess about something else than our cabin, I asked about the gty and our cabin #. I was told, if there is availability in the category we booked in the computer would put us in a cabin. BUT that does not necessarily mean we will stay in that cabin. So there is a huge possibility we will change cabin #'s, so not to get too excited about the cabin we got assigned. So whether you get your cabin number early like I did and others, being a gty it will most likely change before we cruise. If it does it does, if it doesn't, it doesn't. We are good with any cabin in the category we purchased in.

Archived