Princess "forgot" to process my refund

snowskier

Earlier this year, I cancelled a 19 day cruise a few days before it departed. I had purchased AIG TravelGuard Insurance and in less than 3 weeks a check for $9,000 was in my bank. Princess on the other hand informed me I had to wait two credit card billing cycles for their portion of the refund. That would have been OK if they had actually processed the refund. They wouldn't talk to me until two credit card cycles so I waited patiently before I made contact. After a significant amount of time on the phone, a Princess supervisor stated they "forgot to process my refund". She also very nicely made it clear the wait time would start again and to call if two more credit card cycles went by and there was no refund.

It's pretty frustrating to deal with people that really don't care about customer service but nothing any of us can do about it except vent a bit on this forum. The good part of this tale -- I didn't purchase Princess Insurance so don't have to deal with them on a significant refund!

Earlier this year, I cancelled a 19 day cruise a few days before it departed. I had purchased AIG TravelGuard Insurance and in less than 3 weeks a check for $9,000 was in my bank. Princess on the other hand informed me I had to wait two credit card billing cycles for their portion of the refund. That would have been OK if they had actually processed the refund. They wouldn't talk to me until two credit card cycles so I waited patiently before I made contact. After a significant amount of time on the phone, a Princess supervisor stated they "forgot to process my refund". She also very nicely made it clear the wait time would start again and to call if two more credit card cycles went by and there was no refund.

It's pretty frustrating to deal with people that really don't care about customer service but nothing any of us can do about it except vent a bit on this forum. The good part of this tale -- I didn't purchase Princess Insurance so don't have to deal with them on a significant refund!

This is a case where using a TA would have helped. They know who to go to make things happen. Sorry you're having this problem. In the past, I've had no problems with Princess refunding my money.

Sorry Pam but you are wrong -- I did use a TA but was on the phone with them each time a call was made to Princess on this subject so there would be no "he said / she said". I used a very experienced and respected TA.

Colo Cruiser -- please read the post -- Princess clearly stated it takes two credit card cycles before I would see the refund which was OK with me. I didn't know until the two cycles had passed that they didn't process the refund.

Sorry Pam but you are wrong -- I did use a TA but was on the phone with them each time a call was made to Princess on this subject so there would be no "he said / she said". I used a very experienced and respected TA.
Then I stand (or sit) corrected. Have you got anything in writing about what Princess said?

Colo Cruiser -- please read the post -- Princess clearly stated it takes two credit card cycles before I would see the refund which was OK with me. I didn't know until the two cycles had passed that they didn't process the refund.

Read my post. :eek:

I said dispute after the first 2 cycles, you have 120 days. :rolleyes:

I had the same thing happen with RCCL. It happens with a lot of companies. Mistakes happen.

Princess insurance is not administered by Princess. It just has the Princess name.

Read my post. :eek:

I said dispute after the first 2 cycles, you have 120 days. :rolleyes:

120 days from the date final payment was made, not the date the refund was requested. So the OP is probably past that time frame, although I'd still try to dispute the charge...

I had the same thing happen with RCCL. It happens with a lot of companies. Mistakes happen.

I agree. We cancelled a Disney trip last year and it took almost 4 months for them to process our refund. When I called inquiring as to why I had not received the refund, they told me they forgot. Yes I was upset but as Coral said, mistakes are made all the time.

Archived