Floor preference...

If you had an option which floor(level) would you prefer to have your cabin on? I am younger and will enjoy a few late nights/early mornings on my cruise, so I am trying to decide which is the best to be right where the action is.. Thanks....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've come to the right place for answers to all your questions about cruising! Regardless of your age one of the best possible locations for a cabin is between two passenger decks. As an example, on the Conquest class ships the Empress Deck is between the Upper Deck and the Verandah Deck. This location pretty much assures a quiet cabin when you're looking for quiet.

The position fore or aft makes little difference as it's always a fairly short walk to your destination which, I suspect, will often be the Lido Deck!

Have a great cruise.

Mach

I should have mentioned that I am sailing on the Valor in March 2009.

Maybe someone with experience on the ship would have a good recomendation. Thanks for your help. I was looking at the upper decks and assumed that would be the best...

Thanks again.

Kris

I should have mentioned that I am sailing on the Valor in March 2009.

Maybe someone with experience on the ship would have a good recomendation. Thanks for your help. I was looking at the upper decks and assumed that would be the best...

Thanks again.

Kris

We were on the Valor last year. Our room was mid-ship on the Empress deck and I found it to be the perfect location. It was nice and quiet but still convenient to the other decks.

On the Imagination and on the upcoming Glory I chose the Empress. The Empress is more or less mid ship and is located between two passenger decks. It was a great location to get to all the public decks by either talking an elevator, but I found the stairs more convenient to use.

Loved the Empress deck on Valor - also had a midship cabin. Convenient to everything. We always like being sandwiched between floors with only cabins - we find it much quieter than being above/below a public area.

Just a comment about our stay on the Panoramic deck. We had a balcony cabin on the Miracle in May that was under a VERY noisy spot of the lido deck. We were told our cabin would be fine and looking at cruise deck plans it looked like it should have been. There was a door above us that slammed all hours of the day and night and we heard the chairs move constantly. I never could figure out what people were doing with them. While we loved the deck...being able to run up to eat and go to the sun deck, I wouldn't do it again.

On the Imagination and on the upcoming Glory I chose the Empress. The Empress is more or less mid ship and is located between two passenger decks. It was a great location to get to all the public decks by either talking an elevator, but I found the stairs more convenient to use.

We loved the Empress deck location on Imagination. On Valor, we were on Spa. That was excellent! One quick flight up to Camp Carnival.

I always try for the Lido deck, you still have rooms above and below, so it is quiet, plus you close to the action and the elevators.

I loved Lido deck, a stroll to the pool, no stairs or elevators or get get morning coffee early from the buffet and then back to the cabin while everyone else gets ready for breakfast.

Its very quiet, few cabins. Iv heard spa deck is equally nice.

I know Lido deck had a nice deck to go out on at the front too, to watch the sun set.

Archived