Does Princess go to Greenland

sierrasmom

Princess does stop in Greenland on some transatlantic sailings. We did on our Star sailing from Copenhagen to NY.(ealy Oct and boy was it cold)

Really was quite a expierience.

Doing stuff for yourself is a wonderful experience. Try it some time.

:rolleyes: Too much coffee, or not enough? If the OP knew how to do this search, she probably would have.

I went to princess.com and clicked on Learn about Princess cruises, then ports, then Europe. Here is a listing of European ports Princess visits. You can see one for Greenland (starts with a Q.....). Click on it and you can probably see which cruises go there.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ports/europe/index.html

Next summer, the Tahitian Princess will do three consecutive Transatlantic cruises that stop in Greenland. They are all 18 days. The first and third are from NYC to over. The middle one returns to NYC from Dover. They depart July 25, August 12 and August 30, 2009.

We will be on the first two, come join us.

We will be on the Royal Princess this August from Stockholm to Montreal and YES the ship stops in Greenland as well as Iceland and a nice part of the Baltic. Final payment has already been, so maybe you can get a good fare on this itinerary. Good luck.

Have you tried typing "princess cruises greenland" into Google. Doing stuff for yourself is a wonderful experience. Try it some time.

DON

Seriously? Geez. They just asked a question. If you didn't want to answer it, or rather...answer productivly...then why bother saying anything at all? :mad:

Have you tried typing "princess cruises greenland" into Google. Doing stuff for yourself is a wonderful experience. Try it some time.

DON

Ouch! :eek: That's not a very nice way to treat a new person coming here for help!

If not which cruise line goes to Greenland

Thanks

The answer to your question is Yes, if it can. We've been on two previous cruises where weather did not permit the Greenland stop. In Sepember we're on the Crown Princess and we'll be trying again. Perhaps this time it's third time lucky.

Pia

We were on the Star several years ago on a transatlantic from Copenhagen and were lucky enough to be able to tender into Greenland after our stop in Iceland. As I understand this was very unusual that a ship was actually able to stop there--usually not because of the weather and/or waves I think. Most of the crew members had never been there either.

We thoroughly enjoyed the stop, the locals put on some entertainment for us in the church/community center and there were several small shops to visit.

Good luck with a visit to Greenland.

Thanks again I didnt know if they did or not I thought this was a help board plus a message board sorry if I asked the wrong question ...

This is an everything board and no, you certainly did not ask the wrong question. :)

Pia

Interesting place, Greenland.

We were on the old Royal Princess, 8-98, and Capt. Andy Proctor was bound and determined to make port. Appaently, previous attempts failed for various reasons.

We did get in. Interesting, but I thought it a somewhat bleak place.

Thanks again I didnt know if they did or not I thought this was a help board plus a message board sorry if I asked the wrong question ...

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Most everyone here is very nice and helpful.

donaldsc is an exception and if you look at his other posts you will find them very much along the same tone. There are always a few who seem to enjoy treating others rudely. :(

Best to just ignore them!

We sailed Prinz Kristian Sound thru Greenland in 2003 on the old Regal Princess. We couldn't land because of norovirus, but it was a great & chilly experience. I think it was the first time in three tries the ship could navigate the sound...it is often foggy.

Steve

thanx for the linkup. we've never been involved in the roll call, just lurking on the website. we tend to hang by ourselves, in fact, if I didn't put a pork chop around my neck, my dogs probably wouldn't even play with me! Looks like I might have to spend some free time aboard learning to spell, eh? (sales v. sails....argghhh!). s

Two things here. First of all, as I understand it, they only stop in Greenland if the weather and sailing conditions permit, yes? How do they set up excursions, or do they? B) I went to the link that Pia mentioned, and it carried the heading "Crown Sept 7", but it leaves Copenhagen the 17th. Is this because most of the folks posting to the roll call are doing some sort of b2b? I be confused. thanx s

I was on the Grand Princess TA last Sept and we sailed thru Prins Christian Sund (fantastic place, best scenery I've seen anywhere) and stopped at Qaqortog (nice little town) This is my #1 favorite cruise so far, it may drop to #2 after my SA/Antartica next Jan. I'd cruise Greenland & Iceland again in a heartbeat.

Doug

Two things here. First of all, as I understand it, they only stop in Greenland if the weather and sailing conditions permit, yes? How do they set up excursions, or do they? B) I went to the link that Pia mentioned, and it carried the heading "Crown Sept 7", but it leaves Copenhagen the 17th. Is this because most of the folks posting to the roll call are doing some sort of b2b? I be confused. thanx s

A) There are no Princess excursions for Greenland. Don't know if there are any private tours that one could book. We plan to just walk around IF we are able to be tendered to shore. B) At one time there were 3 separate roll calls - 7 Sept, 17 Sept and one as a 28 day for everyone doing it as a b2b. It seemed as if there were more postings on the 28 day roll call and eventually all 3 were combined into the one that Pia gave you. FYI there are approx 30 people on the 28 day sailing, 34 on the 17 Sept sailing and approx 40+ on the 7 Sept sailing.

They schedule a transit of Prinz Kristian Sound in Greenland, but if it's too foggy they can't do it...no-one wants to be on the nightly news "Cruise ship grounds on Greenland glacier. There is a lot of fog between Scotland & Iceland; at night the fog horn is a constant.

Steve

Archived