Carnival Endless Summer Sale

tximprov

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/spec...ssSummer297x66

* Jacuzzi, Diner and the Sunset- By Host Mach

Back in my cabin I retrieved my meds and gingerly…

* Cozumel, Maragritaville and a Pile of Nachos- By Host Mach

Day Three… Cozumel!!! We arrived exactly on time in Cozumel.…

* Day Two, first Sea Day- by Host Mach

Despite my late evening I got up quite early to…

What is the above and how does it play into the sale? If Host Mach is offering a jacuzzi dinner and the sunset he might need to charter the entire ship lol

What is the above and how does it play into the sale? If Host Mach is offering a jacuzzi dinner and the sunset he might need to charter the entire ship lol

That is a post from a blog on a cruise Mach was on. I can't remember which ship it was.

You may want to check these cruises in the sale with the old DP3 past guest code.....as the one I am interested in was cheaper using it by more than the OBC offered:D !

Just booked the summer sale and did check the DP3 code. For me the DP3 code was $40 cheaoer BUT with the summer code I get a $50 OBC. So really I feel like I only got $10 off. As I have discovered, very often a sale is not really a sale. Although, the rate for this cruise is actually less than we paid in 1996.

Just booked the summer sale and did check the DP3 code. For me the DP3 code was $40 cheaoer BUT with the summer code I get a $50 OBC. So really I feel like I only got $10 off. As I have discovered, very often a sale is not really a sale.

:p Oh well! It was worth a shot....mine worked out to $89p/p for the first 4 and $39pp for the other 2 ( gotta book 2 cabins since we have so many kiddos!:eek: :D

my TA said he will tell me today if it applied to my cruise, looking in the list I dont see it, so i guess for this week it wont work on me

he told me to book anyways, can I trust him he will give me the upgrades or OBC?

my TA said he will tell me today if it applied to my cruise, looking in the list I dont see it, so i guess for this week it wont work on me

he told me to book anyways, can I trust him he will give me the upgrades or OBC?

Take the upgrade if it is offered, the OBC does not even come to equalling what the upgrade is.

Maximum non refundable on board credit of $50 per stateroom for 1st & 2nd and Savings up to $140 per stateroom on 3rd/4th guests on select 3-5 day sailings between 8/11/08 - 12/19/08. Maximum non refundable on board credit of $100 per stateroom on select 7-8 day sailings and Savings up to $260 per stateroom on 3rd/4th between 8/11/08- 12/19/08. .

I'm confused about this. Let's say you book a 7 day cruise with 3 people in your stateroom. It says the MAXIMUM credit PER stateroom is $100. How would you get savings of $260 per stateroom if you have a 3rd or 4th person? Shouldn't that say $100 on board credit per PERSON ? The first two would get the $100 and the 3rd & 4th person would get the $30 credit which equals $260. Am I the only person that can't figure this out? Duh!:confused:

Just booked the summer sale and did check the DP3 code. For me the DP3 code was $40 cheaoer BUT with the summer code I get a $50 OBC. So really I feel like I only got $10 off. As I have discovered, very often a sale is not really a sale. Although, the rate for this cruise is actually less than we paid in 1996.

I just got an online quote on the 7 day Triumph on one of the sailings that was listed in this promotion. I requested a balcony with 3 people in the cabin. Using the special summer sale code that is automatically entered in the quote, it gave me a price of $779 for the 1st two people and $259 for the 3rd person. This was on the UPPER deck only. Other decks were higher. Plus I get the onboard credits that they mention, but I'm still confused as to exactly how much it is from my previous post.

I then went in to quote this same cruise again (balcony cabin) and changed the code to DP3. It gave me a price of $679 per person (for the first two passengers) and $259 for the 3rd, PLUS it gave me a free upgrade from the UPPER deck to VERANDAH deck (no addtl charge). So, that's an upgrade, plus $200 that I would save if I don't book using their Summer Special. Of course, I don't get the onboard credit, but I'd get one if I used an outside TA.

Once again, this confirms that my TA is correct. The Carnival sales are NEVER sales. It's a tactic to get you to book a cruise. It's all in the code that you use to get the pricing. And I noticed last year, that the day before the sale, Carnival would "UP" the price of the cruise right before the special, so you weren't really saving anything at all. I've never found their specials to be of any benefit. I can book through an outside TA any day and get the price much lower than Carnival, plus I always get an onboard credit out of the TA as well. :p

Archived