Do Cruise Lines Keep List of People Who Can Take a Last Minute Cruise?

CWcruisers

Some cruise lines do this but it is not as last minute as you might think. Because of Homeland security needing passenger manifests the best you can probably do is a week prior to the cruise.

The biggest problem is finding out about the programs and registering for them. I only belong to one and that is Princess. The problem is you must be a past passenger to sign up for the short notice cruises.

I am a past passenger many times over with Princess. In fact, that's where I learned about it from a couple on the Regal Princess who were on a 10 day cruise for $400.00 each. That works for me, and one week notice is fine. Do you know how you register for it.

Maybe Princess is the only one that does it?

I know folks who called the morning of the cruise and got on the ship. If there is a cabin you can book it very last minute. Folks who say you need a week or whatever are just guessing. I booked last minute as did everyone at my dinner table on the Voyager. One guy said his TA called him last minute and got him a little reduction, this was fri afternoon for a sunday cruise.

At 4 days out when we booked, we were the furthest out of anyone at out table, everyone else booked later than we did. I dont know if there were other tables with only late bookers, later than us or not. We only had late dining, no choice of dining times and we were not on the manifest when we arrived at the port.

I signed up for the "last minute" notifications on the Princess website, somewher in the "profile" section, as I recall. I don't recall having that option for tCI.

Within the Princess website, you log into the Circle Center, go to your Profile. At the top of the page is a selection "StandBy Program".

There you can select the ports your willing to sail from and the amount of notice.

• Notice - Less than 1 week, 1-2 weeks, 3-5 weeks are the possible selections.
  • Ports - Ft Lauderdale / Maimi, LA, SF, Galveston, New York, Southampton, Seattle, San Juan and Vancouver are choices you can make.

Our notifications have come via email. We have jumped on a couple and gotten great prices.

At 4 days out when we booked, we were the furthest out of anyone at out table, everyone else booked later than we did. I dont know if there were other tables with only late bookers, later than us or not. We only had late dining, no choice of dining times and we were not on the manifest when we arrived at the port.

Did you have documents for the cruise? Without them and not being on the manifest at the port, how did you board?

Was this recently?

###

I have heard rumor of this and am wondering how I can get my name added to such a list. I live in a port city, so I could possibly go at the last minute if they made me a deal I couldn't refuse.

Certain TA's will let you know when they have spur of the moment cruises. Just sign up with them and they can send you the alerts. I get them sometimes but can't always go last minute. Just like to know what they're offering!

Laurie

Archived