what other ships will get waterworks???

KyleesMom

My PVP told me that the Fantasy class ships would all be done within 5 years--also including the adults only area. She said that the Fascination would not be done before our April '09 cruise.

5 years ??? Shoot, they will be outdated by then ! Sounds like how the Hwy Dept. works here in Ga......finish a project and time to re do it when it is complete ! :D

My PVP told me that the Fantasy class ships would all be done within 5 years--also including the adults only area. She said that the Fascination would not be done before our April '09 cruise.

That contradicts the info from Carnival's website.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/serenity_details.aspx

The Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Imagination will be the first two “Fantasy-class” ships to include all of the “Evolutions of Fun” enhancements, which are scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. By 2009, all “Fantasy-class” ships are expected to be completed, including the “Serenity” areas and fabulous new transformation of the open decks.

My PVP at CCL told me that Glory should get it in Sept 2009.

Your PVP is wrong. Glory will not get it. There really isn't a place to put it, and the Glory only has a two week dry dock. Only Fantasy class ships (Fantasy, Ecstacy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, and Paradise) are getting Waterworks. Dream and Magic will have it. When the Glory goes through dry dock, she'll get the big screen on Lido, mini-golf, Mongolian line in the Lido restaurant, hot tub removal in the gym, Circle C, and general sprucing up.

I don't think a lot of PVPs know what they're talking about. Somebody else said the EOF would be complete in 5 years. As pointed out in the post above mine, this is also wrong.

Sorry for the dumb question - but what class of CCL ship is the Pride - is it one that has or is scheduled to have the water slides? Considering the Pride for May 2010 since its coming to Baltimore - Yippee!:)

Ya know I've been on 10 cruises since my very 1st one in 1995 - and after discounting for the "luxury" part that some of the higher end (Paul Gaughin) & premiums (HAL) lines offered - why was our 1st cruise - The Carnival Festivale (unfortunately or not I beleive its long gone and sunk from what I recall)- and which some may not even remember - our BEST cruise - in terms of fun ports and overall enjoyable expereince?:)

It was week long S. Caribbean with NO sea days - excellent ports.

Maybe it just has something to do with the novelty of your 1st cruise-isn't it addictive!:D

Thanks for any replies!

leah, RN

Pride is a Spirit class ship and is not getting the Waterworks. All Carnival ships have some sort of slide - the Spirit class slides are fun!

Fantasy class ships are getting Evolutions of Fun, which includes Waterworks. Inspiration and Imagination already have it. Fantasy, Elation, Sensation, Fascination, Ecstacy, and Paradise will be getting it shortly.

Sorry for the dumb question - but what class of CCL ship is the Pride - is it one that has or is scheduled to have the water slides? Considering the Pride for May 2010 since its coming to Baltimore - Yippee!:)

Here is the list, the Pride is a spirit class ship it looks like so no, only fantasy class ships get it.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

Pride is a Spirit class ship and is not getting the Waterworks. All Carnival ships have some sort of slide - the Spirit class slides are fun!

Fantasy class ships are getting Evolutions of Fun, which includes Waterworks. Inspiration and Imagination already have it. Fantasy, Elation, Sensation, Fascination, Ecstacy, and Paradise will be getting it shortly.

Tx. all and to Chilgirlcruzin: ..so...the "slide" on Pride is like what? Like a kiddie only type slide?

Regarding the Pride slide;

I am almost 53 years old and went down the slide for the first time in March. This was only my second time on a water slide. It scared me to death, but it was fun. Very fast and you end up in a small little pool. The thing is, you have to go up winding stairs to get to the top. It was very windy that day, so it was chilly. I think I am retired from water slides.

Archived