Smoking Policy from a Brits point of view!

There isn't room enough for everyone if a smokers toxic smoke is forced on those who don't want to be exposed to it.

No one is FORCED to be exposed to the hundreds of toxins in the air. Don't ever leave your house and you will be safe. Oh, I forgot 25,000 people die every year from Radon Gas seeping through the ground.

No one is FORCED to be exposed to the hundreds of toxins in the air. Don't ever leave your house and you will be safe. Oh, I forgot 25,000 people die every year from Radon Gas seeping through the ground.

Twice that many croak from the Filthy Smoking Habit.Of couse Smokers are at MUCH higher risks of Radon Gas Deaths than the Non-Smoker.Just another reason not to pick up the Insidious Habit

Twice that many croak from the Filthy Smoking Habit.Of couse Smokers are at MUCH higher risks of Radon Gas Deaths than the Non-Smoker.Just another reason not to pick up the Insidious Habit[/quote

Quick Captain, call your boyfriend Gonzo before this thread is closed.

many that we talked to, just wanted to know where they can pay the $200.00 to be able to smoke in their cabins.

This sort of misses the point. Who wants to inhabit a room after some smoker has been in there spewing their nasty exhaust hither and yon? Puke!

0084-0603-1213-3612_TN.jpg.3ec4de3c439248c8eb4c9448c956f31e.jpg

People who don't look so great in swim wear shouldn't be allowed to be on deck either.

Those without tans should not be allowed to board.

The morbidly obese who ride around on their little motorized wheelchairs shouldn't be allowed onboard at all. Only healthy marathon runners and the "beautiful people" should be allowed on ships.

Butter and butter substitutes shouldn't be allowed in the cooking, nor should sugar, salt, and other fats.

Red meat should be banned as well, as should seafood (risk of mercury poisoning).

Alcohol should be banned as well. Too many people can't handle their liquor.

So that's what cruising will look like in the future...boiled chicken and celery- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And the only drink will be water.

See, things can go too far in this "PC" game...;)

People who don't look so great in swim wear shouldn't be allowed to be on deck either.

Those without tans should not be allowed to board.

The morbidly obese who ride around on their little motorized wheelchairs shouldn't be allowed onboard at all. Only healthy marathon runners and the "beautiful people" should be allowed on ships.

Butter and butter substitutes shouldn't be allowed in the cooking, nor should sugar, salt, and other fats.

Red meat should be banned as well, as should seafood (risk of mercury poisoning).

Alcohol should be banned as well. Too many people can't handle their liquor.

So that's what cruising will look like in the future...boiled chicken and celery- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And the only drink will be water.

See, things can go too far in this "PC" game...;)

Wow. What a great way to look at this situation.

I can't figure out if you are a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon.

Does the term apples and oranges mean anything to you ?

Thread closed.

There isn't room enough for everyone if a smokers toxic smoke is forced on those who don't want to be exposed to it.
RCI's smoking policies are there for you to peruse prior to booking a vacation, if after reading them you still chose to cruise with RCI, the smoke was not forced on you, you accepted it.

Twice that many croak from the Filthy Smoking Habit.Of couse Smokers are at MUCH higher risks of Radon Gas Deaths than the Non-Smoker.Just another reason not to pick up the Insidious Habit[/quote

Quick Captain, call your boyfriend Gonzo before this thread is closed.

I was thinking the same thing. Where's Gonzo.

I'm going out for a day of motorcycle riding and eating seafood - try not to start the smoking/non-smoking flame war before I get back :rolleyes:

Can I go Allie?

PLEASE???

PULEEEEEE-ZE?

Can I?

Can I?

I'll pay for the seafood... YUM!

Can I go Allie?

PLEASE???

PULEEEEEE-ZE?

Can I?

Can I?

I'll pay for the seafood... YUM!

You will have to make sure to meet her in one of the states that

doesn't offend her with a restrictive smoking policy. You know she will not

spend her money in a state where she does not agree with their

smoking policy. The freedom to puff, worth fighting for.

*sigh* sorry, just have to counter the politically correct junk science

the 3000 SHS deaths everyone quotes was from an EPA study that was determined to be junk science in federal court, which said that the EPA manipulated data to come to the conclusion they wished to support - even tho the data showed different.

http://www.forces.org/evidence/epafraud/files/osteen.htm

The long term large study commissioned by the WHO (World Health Organization) showed how little risk there is from SHS (called ETS in Europe), when all the non-smoking crazies blew up over it they tried to bury the report - and spin the conclusions. They were called out on it by the Wall Street Journal - European edition - you can't get to it without a WSJ subscription - but here it is reprinted:

http://www.junkscience.com/news/euwsjets.htm

But you can find the actual data and the conclusions at the US National Institute of Health:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9776409?dopt=Abstract

Abstract with conclusions (emphasis added by me):

RESULTS: ETS exposure during childhood was not associated with an increased risk of lung cancer (odds ratio [OR] for ever exposure = 0.78; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 0.64-0.96). The OR for ever exposure to spousal ETS was 1.16 (95% CI = 0.93-1.44). No clear dose-response relationship could be demonstrated for cumulative spousal ETS exposure. The OR for ever exposure to workplace ETS was 1.17 (95% CI = 0.94-1.45), with possible evidence of increasing risk for increasing duration of exposure. No increase in risk was detected in subjects whose exposure to spousal or workplace ETS ended more than 15 years earlier. Ever exposure to ETS from other sources was not associated with lung cancer risk. Risks from combined exposure to spousal and workplace ETS were higher for squamous cell carcinoma and small-cell carcinoma than for adenocarcinoma, but the differences were not statistically significant. CONCLUSIONS: Our results indicate no association between childhood exposure to ETS and lung cancer risk. We did find weak evidence of a dose-response relationship between risk of lung cancer and exposure to spousal and workplace ETS. There was no detectable risk after cessation of exposure.

People may not like being exposed to smoke, and that's ok - but to say minor exposure on a cruise ship or anywhere else in a social setting is a health risk is bunk, bull, and been disproved by actual science. People just follow whatever they are told is the truth.

But we aren't talking about SMOKERS - we are adults and have that choice. The topic is second hand smoke. And the evidence just ain't there that it is the huge health issue it's made out to be.

Twice that many croak from the Filthy Smoking Habit.Of couse Smokers are at MUCH higher risks of Radon Gas Deaths than the Non-Smoker.Just another reason not to pick up the Insidious Habit

Archived