voyager of seas aft cabins

Arkylady

We are finally getting an aft cabin and wonder about any view blockage in them A person on another thread said something about view being restricted on aft cabin, and not sure what that was. We on on the 7th deck 7388 and 7390. friends going also. Is there anything bad about these before we actually do this, it is far enough in advance to change. Thanks for any help.

Look at the deck plans--there's not really an "obstruction"--it's just that the actual hull of the ship extends beyond the balcony--you have a full outward view, just not a straight down-to-the-water view! No big deal.

We are finally getting an aft cabin and wonder about any view blockage in them A person on another thread said something about view being restricted on aft cabin, and not sure what that was. We on on the 7th deck 7388 and 7390. friends going also. Is there anything bad about these before we actually do this, it is far enough in advance to change. Thanks for any help.

7388 has the largest balcony on the ship. You will not be disappointed. It's a walk to the elevators, but not a problem. There is superstructure in sight, but you get used to it in a hour. :)

Dave

Thanks for the information, I loved the web site. I have been on Voyager before but not an aft balcony. Walking to elevator might help get rid of some of the calories from all the good dining.

How do you find those web sites of other ships? Beth

Arkylady, I found that website on another thread here on Cruise Critic and copied it into my favorites. I have not seen another site like it for other ships but I have seen some great pictures of the afts of some other ships such as the Radiance class. I also found a great link to the cabins on some of the Celebrity ships. You can find a wealth of information here. Happy Sailing.

We're in aft 9392 for our Med cruise on Voyager. Is there enough room for both sunloungers to be in full sun if we want to sunbathe there?

check out Bonnie VOyagers photos of the aft. To answer your question-- Yes but it could be quite warm back there--- there is no ocean breezes like the side balconies

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=bonnie+Voyager&new=1&source=chromeheader

we had 2 lounge chairs- 2 chairs and a small parsons table...plus room to host a CC get together with about 15 people

We were thinking of using the balcony for our 'at sea' day rather than battle to get loungers by the pool. Would it be any breezier on the balcony while moving at sea rather than static in port?

its not unbearable--- but its like sitting in your car with the window opened-- if you put your head out the window its breezier (thats a side balcony) now seat in the direct middle of the front seat--- thats what a aft balcony feels like.

its not unbearable--- but its like sitting in your car with the window opened-- if you put your head out the window its breezier (thats a side balcony) now seat in the direct middle of the front seat--- thats what a aft balcony feels like.

I know exactly what you mean - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Arkylady:

DH/I had 7388 on Explorer last year and LOVED IT! The balcony is huge and it was well worth the long walk. :)

Below are pictures of our balcony.... and yes that is snow that you are seeing! LOL

Sea ya!

Cabin7388Balcony_01.jpg?t=1214960795

Cabin7388Balcony_04.jpg?t=1214960851

Cabin7388Balcony_03.jpg?t=1214960828

Trish, terrific photos -- the snow caught me off guard. LOL

Kathy

Archived