RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

Jade,

I was on the 20 day cruise and I had the plumbing problems. I also have 640 days on Hal and am the third generation in my family to sail Hal. I KNOW that BOTH of those things helped me to get my GENEROUS credit toward a cruise. Hal needed to hear about the problems. Adele

Adele, I'm so glad you were "heard" by the powers that be at HAL. You deserve whatever consideration they gave you.The description of your problems was hard to read ,so it had to be very hard for you to endure. Looking forward to meeting you in January.

Jade,

I was on the 20 day cruise and I had the plumbing problems. I also have 640 days on Hal and am the third generation in my family to sail Hal. I KNOW that BOTH of those things helped me to get my GENEROUS credit toward a cruise. Hal needed to hear about the problems. Adele

Adele, that is why I am writing Seattle regarding Noordam, which is currently not up to HAL standards. We did not book a future cruise while onboard and had decided to look into land vacations. But, Eurodam was already paid in full. Mr Kruse told us himself he needs to hear from people, otherwise he can't fix anything. I want everything on HAL to be great.

Btw, our Eurodam 3 night was an A.

Regarding 640 days, wow!

Lisa,

I got a three page letter back. It addressed ALL the problems. They have given me a VERY GENEROUS credit. That was NOT why I wrote the letter. I simply wanted Hal to know that this cruise and ship are NOT up to Hal standards. They agreed. Adele

Adele I am so glad you did hear back from HAL, I know my friend was extremely pleased and also was not expecting anything. He had not even told me of the problem till after he got the letter and was very pleased they cared about him enough to write back so quickly. He also was not doing it to get something but was extremely pleased that they did.:)

Lisa,

I got a three page letter back. It addressed ALL the problems. They have given me a VERY GENEROUS credit. That was NOT why I wrote the letter. I simply wanted Hal to know that this cruise and ship are NOT up to Hal standards. They agreed. Adele

This is the stuff that makes a great cruise line better. There are always going to be issues on any ship, it is the way they handle them after the fact that determines if one will travel with them again or not. It is a nice testamony to HAL.

• 4 months later...

I've had several people ask me if my photos from all 23 days of the Inaugural Cruises are processed online yet. I have finished them (finally) and they're up and viewable. You can link to the main gallery here:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/eurodam2008/Menu297.html

Recent updates to the galleries are my photos from the last 10 days of the cruise.

I want to express my thanks to all of those who have shown so much interest in this cruise, my review of it, and my photos from it. If any have questions, please feel free to write.

WOW Rev Neal what an adventure you had! I'm really new around here and just came across this thread and wow. I have a cruise coming up on Saturday on the Eurodam and I've heard good things about it but you're thread here has me a little nervous I'm thinking that most of hte problems you had in July have been addressed. I know I won't have to deal with kids at all on my cruise as it is charted and will be couples only!! Anyways I feel like I've already been aboard her! Thanks!

Archived