RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

eurodamliverpt1.jpg

And, so, the journey begins. I had packed Friday night, and spent most of Saturday cleaning house and taking care of some final arrangements; hence, today I had nothing to do but my normal Sunday morning responsibilities. Early service at St. Stephen was about normal, but the Main service was packed. I'm not sure what brought the people out in droves, but it was great having a nearly-full sanctuary today. However, having a packed house meant that it took longer to commune everyone, and that means that I didn't finish and get out and back to the house until almost 12:45. Mom came right over, too, and within 15 minutes we had my stuff in her trunk and we were on the road to pick up Christopher and his things before heading on to DFW.

Check in was swift, followed by no line at security. The "sniffer" machine blew air up my pant leg and gave me a sniff. I think it coughed, but apparently it didn't find anything adverse (I did use deodorant this morning) and then it let me out. After check-in we made our way up to the Admiral's lounge so that I could access a hot spot and prepare this morning's audio sermon recording for upload to my website. As it uploads, I'm writing this post.

And, so, the journey for me begins. I don't know how often I'll be reporting ... I hope to file a report every day or every-other day across my 23 days aboard ship, as well as a couple of days before and after the cruise. My plan is to upload sample photos of the ship, of the ports, and of our friends and fellow CCers. It promises to be a wonderful trip, and I welcome everyone to "come sail away with me."

Take care, and my Grace and Peace be with you all.

Have a wonderful journey, Greg...I know you will enjoy and savor every moment! And safe travels to Europe as you inch closer to boarding the lovely Eurodam.

I'm so looking forward to your reports and your photos! :D

811581503_GraphicBonVoyage2.gif.144a76c92618fb0552184802cd83460a.gif

Greg, I want to wish you safe travels I am guessing that you are still waiting in the Admirals Lounge.

I do want to post a comment that is my personal comment to the Hosts of CC....Please DO NOT combine these live from threads. Each person has their own personality, writing style and tastes for things they like and do not like. By combing these Live from threads it will make it confusing of what and who's posts, posters are commenting on. For just these next few weeks the excitement level will be extremely high with lots of hits to the HAL board for reading about the Eurodam. I think it will be extremely important to keep each and everyone of these LIVE From threads seperate.

Thanks

EXACTLY... I couldn't agree more, Lisa.

I think it would be confusing and unmanageably long to combine Live From threads.

Please let anyone who wishes to post to have their own thread.

Thanks for starting this one, Greg. We look forward to hearing lots of wonderful stories and experiences.

Travel safely and ENJOY!!!

Please DO NOT combine these live from threads. Each person has their own personality,
EXACTLY... I couldn't agree more, Lisa.

I think it would be confusing and unmanageably long to combine Live From threads.

I see your point, but we've already got 6 threads going on the Eurodam happenings, and RuthC hasn't started any of her Live postings. Maybe Jimhannah, BillS, Grumpy1 and others will be posting too. So far Copper 10-8 is still using his old "Eurodam is starting to take shape" thread.

Just today, Sail, there were a lot of redundant and confusing postings on two threads talking about cabins 6173 and 6175, and I only see that confusion getting much worse if three or four or five more threads are added.

Your points are valid, of course.

Never before has any poster been barred from having their own thread on any (acceptable) subject and I don't think they should be now.

I know it would get confusing for me to have them all combined and try to respond to multiple 'authors' on one HUGELY LONG thread.

Perhaps some here will find their favorite thread and stick to the one or two that they enjoy most and only skim or not open other threads.

If someone always enjoys Ruth's threads, for example, shouldn't that be possible if SHE wishes to start one?

Right now DH is looking for dinner :D so that is my priority at the moment.

Later.......... :)

I have to agree with Lisa's request. It has not been difficult for me to just bookmark each individual thread in regards to the Eurodam inagural and then I will just read each one every day to see if there are new postings. I have three bookmarked at the moment and am really looking forward to more. Although I may not be ever sailing on this ship, I always look forward to the opinions of those that do. Thank you one and all.

If someone always enjoys Ruth's threads, for example, shouldn't that be possible if SHE wishes to start one?

Of course ... but it was she and Greg that were talking about using one combined thread IIRC.

Of course ... but it was she and Greg that were talking about using one combined thread IIRC.

:D

That is why I underlined " for example* ....... it could be Mary Ellen, Jim Hannah or Copper John or any number of others.

After just coming back off the Eurodam I look forward to your comments and views about the ship. Everyone is different and its great to hear all the comment and tipps . I love the different threads and no one thread has the same content.

Have a great trip and keep us posted on your experiences. :)

Greg, I want to wish you safe travels I am guessing that you are still waiting in the Admirals Lounge.

I do want to post a comment that is my personal comment to the Hosts of CC....Please DO NOT combine these live from threads. Each person has their own personality, writing style and tastes for things they like and do not like. By combing these Live from threads it will make it confusing of what and who's posts, posters are commenting on. For just these next few weeks the excitement level will be extremely high with lots of hits to the HAL board for reading about the Eurodam. I think it will be extremely important to keep each and everyone of these LIVE From threads seperate.

Thanks

I couldn't agree more, Lisa. This is a "once in a lifetime" cruise, and I think merging the threads would be a mistake. As you say, all of these posters have their own personality and unique writing style, and combining them would do a disservice to their posts.

I agree completely with Lisa! I love reading the different threads and each person's personal input/insight. To combine them would be cumbersome and so lengthy. The board enourages posts and should not limit the same-subject posts in this instance.

If someone doesn't like all the threads, then choose the one you like and follow it or choose not to read any if it's not interesting.

This is a special event and many of us really look forward to following all the CCer's on board.

So here's another plea to NOT combine the different Eurodam posts. As CC readers, we know what we want to read or not....these threads should be wonderful and I look forward to ALL of them!

Safe travels my friend! Have a blast in Rotterdam and on the Prelude. I want to hear all the juicy details when I get there. ;)

As for posting every day, I know from experience that there will be days in the fjords that posting will be difficult, if not impossible. :eek:

Please remember that!

Let's leave it to them to decide what they want to do.

How's that??

Good idea! :D

I understand what you are all saying, truly I do. But I also understand this from the point of view of the poster---the one who is spending cruise time and $$$$$ to post from the ship.

It takes a significant amount of time to decide what to write, get it down, sign on and read through from where you left off, take notes on what people want to know about, and type in that day's report.

It usually takes me 25-30 minutes at the computer---and that's after I've written down what I'm going to post.

To have to locate and read through any number of other threads first, so you can learn what's already been covered, and what people want to know about, then go to your own and post---well, that does add to the time involved. And $$$$$.

Just so you can consider another point of view.

Archived