Coffee Card

itstimeforacruise

Thank you largin for the fast reply!! Good coffee makes the $15 seem like a bargain. I thought i read on here someplace on here that the card is good for another cruise if its not punched all the way. Is that still the case?

Yes. I've used mine on 3 cruises!

What exactly does the coffee card get you ? (first timer)

15 Specialty drinks and brewed coffee:D

Plus unlimited brewed coffee. The punches also count for their specialty teas.

But they take two punches if you order one of more fancy coffee drinks or a double. I think the card was $24 plus 15% gratuity for 15 punches. They did not advertise or push the card at all on our recent cruise ont the Coral, which we found very odd...we used our card for latte's and each time someone saw it they asked what it was...

We will be cruising to Alaska in a couple of weeks and someone suggested we bring thermal coffee mugs so when you are outside on deck viewing the glaciers, etc. and it chilly, your coffee will stay warm. With that said, if we bring thermal mugs, does anyone know if the coffee people will just fill them up for us (with regular coffee) or do we have to take it in cardboard cups and pour it into the containers -- in which case we may have to get several cups to do this? Just wondering.

But they take two punches if you order one of more fancy coffee drinks or a double. I think the card was $24 plus 15% gratuity for 15 punches. They did not advertise or push the card at all on our recent cruise ont the Coral, which we found very odd...we used our card for latte's and each time someone saw it they asked what it was...

It's amazing to me how uninformed or misinformed some crew members are. Princess does not do a good job with information...as we all know. Don't let the bartender at the coffee bar try to punch your card or charge you for the brewed coffee. Usually, one person knows how the card really works. Just make sure you let them know what is included, even if they don't. We've gone to the passenger services desk to get them straightened out...but even some there haven't a clue. They should print the card rules on the back, then there would be no question about it.

On our last cruise on CB, only one bartender knew what the card included. One actually charged my DH for a brewed coffee. I went back and said something to the knowledgeable bartender who took the charges off our account. Don't take no for an answer.

We will be cruising to Alaska in a couple of weeks and someone suggested we bring thermal coffee mugs so when you are outside on deck viewing the glaciers, etc. and it chilly, your coffee will stay warm. With that said, if we bring thermal mugs, does anyone know if the coffee people will just fill them up for us (with regular coffee) or do we have to take it in cardboard cups and pour it into the containers -- in which case we may have to get several cups to do this? Just wondering.

Get friendly with one of the coffee bartenders and I'm sure they will be happy to fill up your thermal mugs.

We enjoy good coffee, and buy the coffee card when we cruise. We also bring our own small coffee maker (with its own thermal mugs) with us and I make our own coffee in our suite every morning. This was especially nice in Alaska, and on glacier days I made extra coffee and added some of the Bailey's Irish Cream that I smuggled on board;)

I'm considering getting the coffee card on my next cruise, but I have a couple questions for those of you who have had one:

1) Where do you buy the card? Will they explain it's use to me? How much does it cost?

2) Can anyone give me a list of the specialty coffees/teas they offer? Do they have chai tea latte and/or frappachinos?

Thanks for any help.

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other bars that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not tme limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Can you buy one card and use it for two people? I only drink brewed coffee, not specialty drinks, but my bf loves lattes. Could he use it to get lattes and I use it to just get brewed coffee? Or would we each need our own?

Can you buy one card and use it for two people? I only drink brewed coffee, not specialty drinks, but my bf loves lattes. Could he use it to get lattes and I use it to just get brewed coffee? Or would we each need our own?

Yes, you can buy one card and share it. It will be punched according to the number of specialty beverages you acquire with it, so it doesn't matter who is drinking what you order.

It's amazing to me how uninformed or misinformed some crew members are. Princess does not do a good job with information...as we all know. Don't let the bartender at the coffee bar try to punch your card or charge you for the brewed coffee. Usually, one person knows how the card really works. Just make sure you let them know what is included, even if they don't. We've gone to the passenger services desk to get them straightened out...but even some there haven't a clue. They should print the card rules on the back, then there would be no question about it.

On our last cruise on CB, only one bartender knew what the card included. One actually charged my DH for a brewed coffee. I went back and said something to the knowledgeable bartender who took the charges off our account. Don't take no for an answer.

Completely agree! On the Crown this May we ordered a brewed coffee along with my latte at the Piazza coffee bar and the barista was unaware that the brewed coffee was free! We got it straightened out, but there's a lack of communication for sure. Friendly service but obviously not too familiar with the coffee card.

Can someone tell me if brewed coffee is available for free at dining times? What what beverages do they offer for free?

If it helps I am going on Crown Princess Baltic Sea (first timer):)

No, the coffee available free in the dining rooms and in the buffet is made from a concentrated syrup; there's always a charge for the brewed stuff. If I were you, depending on your pickiness about coffee, of course, I'd try the free stuff before buying the card -- it might be fine for you. I don't hate it and only buy the coffee card for the specialty drinks (can't live without my afternoon mocha). The other free beverages are water and iced tea, plus milk with meals and juice at breakfast. Hint re the iced tea: it's also from a concentrate and very, very strong -- the dispenser in the buffet also dispenses water, and I usually hold both buttons down at once and get a half-and-half water/iced tea -- that makes it perfect strength. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Have a wonderful first cruise on the beautiful Crown!

You say that you have to pay 15% tip? How does the tip work? When do you pay it? Where would I purchase it? Also, I heard that there are ice cream cards. Where do you go to buy the ice cream card? Does it matter where you go to get the ice cream (is there a certain ice cream bar?)?

You say that you have to pay 15% tip? How does the tip work? When do you pay it? Where would I purchase it? Also, I heard that there are ice cream cards. Where do you go to buy the ice cream card? Does it matter where you go to get the ice cream (is there a certain ice cream bar?)?

All drinks bought have a 15% tip added to the charge made to your onboard account. This also applies to the coffee card.

the ice cream card is bought and used at the ice cream bar, usually called Sundaes

Archived