Fuel surcharge question...

coolbasset

I pretty much know the answer to this but I want to be sure...

The fuel surcharge only applies to new bookings, right? Carnival won't tack on another $2/person/day to a trip I booked in February? Final payment hasn't been made yet (due Wednesday). My balance won't change because the fuel charge has increased, right?

The fuel surcharge only applies to new bookings, right? Carnival won't tack on another $2/person/day to a trip I booked in February? Final payment hasn't been made yet (due Wednesday). My balance won't change because the fuel charge has increased, right?

Correct, unless you make a change to your booking. I asked for a price adjustment twice when I saw the price drop online. Unfortunately, each time I was charged the current fuel surcharge. This is something to consider when requesting an adjustment.

Thanks for the responses, I knew I was correct. The person I was arguing with finally believes me.

Actually, if you read the online agreement that you have to agree to, in order to print out your fun pass, it clearly says they COULD impose the current amount of fuel surcharges, but they know folks would be up in arms again if they did.

.... but they now have reserved the right to charge the current fuel surcharge. ... so dont count it out, they are allowed to.

Archived