The Parrot Club

smoothecruz

Hi everyone!

We are visiting Old San Juan and taking a walking tour, with our last stop being The Parrot Club!! When I make the reservation, can I ask for upstairs or downstairs?? What's best? Is there a view in the restaurant we should be aiming for??

Also, what's the best thing on the menu?? Especially something that is a local specialty?? (Besides the Parrot Passion drink, that's already on my list!) We LOVE seafood, but also a good beef dish.

Can't wait!

Thanks everyone!

Kelly :D

Hi everyone!

We are visiting Old San Juan and taking a walking tour, with our last stop being The Parrot Club!! When I make the reservation, can I ask for upstairs or downstairs?? What's best? Is there a view in the restaurant we should be aiming for??

Also, what's the best thing on the menu?? Especially something that is a local specialty?? (Besides the Parrot Passion drink, that's already on my list!) We LOVE seafood, but also a good beef dish.

Can't wait!

Thanks everyone!

I don't think you can go wrong with any entree at PC. For a side dish try the Mofongo:)

Hi everyone!

There's not much of a view either way. Downstairs (inside) is air conditioned, but the terrace is not and can be quite hot. If you don't mind that (they do have some fans), it's certainly more picturesque and vacation-y feeling :) . But if you're overheated from your walking tour, definitely stay indoors! The restaurant is very colorful and fun. I know you'll enjoy it either way!

As far as walking distance from the pier, it depends. There are two piers. One is close easy walk to downtown the other you will need a taxi. When I was on the AOS with RC in May we were in the one ferther away and it was about a 10 minute taxi ride to down town. And I wouldn't really reconment walking.

Hi everyone!

Can't wait!

Thanks everyone!

They do have a website. www.parrotclub.com and it does have a menu. I was there almost two years ago, Sept. 06, I believe. I loved the food. It was my first time to eat there and I requested a table upstairs. There is no view upstairs. It's surrounded by tall walls. It also was a little on the warm side, but we were there during the warmest time of the year. I wished I would have been downstairs actually. They had live music downstairs also, but we were there before it started unfortunately. I had the lobster which was fabulous and I believe it was mashed plantains which were awesome. They tasted like mashed potatoes only better. They didn't have a banana taste at all. I don't see either of these on the website menu, but the website may not include all the dishes. If I were you I would make a reservation if you plan on going for dinner. I'll definitely go back again the next time I'm there, which is soon I hope!

Archived