undergarment advice(sort of) needed

k.hill

I have a lovely cocktail dress that I would like to wear. Here's the problem. It's a sort of thin fabric and has spaghetti straps and certain parts tend to show through or "stick out" on the top portion....more than I am comfortable with. Needless to say...I am usually cold when on the ship. Does anyone have any ideas on things to try, buy, etc. that could smooth this area?

I probably didn't word this at all right, but I'm guessing it's close. Thanks, in advance for options.

K. Hill

Guest carlogesualdo

Visit your local fabric store. They usually have all kinds of fashion helps. Hancock Fabrics is really good, if you have one. I know they have things you can stick on to take care of the problem, if I'm understanding you correctly.

You could try bra "petals" that have adhesive......they are available in many stores now ( Dept. stores, Victoria's Secret). Not sure if they would show through, but are designed for that purpose. I haven't tried them. Good luck! ;)

There are "petals". made of a soft cloth as well as silicone ones. My daughter uses a brand called "dimrs". There are also various lknds of adhesive bras and bra cups. I was in Belks today and saw a huge assortment. I am sure almost any major department stores have them. I have seen them in Steinmart and also Target and Walmart. They are sold in the lingerie department.

I don't like the feel of adhesive or silicone on my skin - very irritating. So instead I buy bra cups (Hancock's fabric has a good selection of styles and sizes) and sew the into the dress (You can also use double sided tape - with the tape. you could use one pair in more than one dress)

Oh, and the doublle sided facbric tape is sold at the same place as the bra alternatives.

Archived