Do the robes come in different sizes??

Go-Bucks!

When I was on the last cruise I asked the steward to bring me a robe, but it was a bit too tight for comfort. I asked him if there was a larger size - he said "no." I was surprised because I'm sure there are men who would need a robe much bigger than the one I was given. This was on the Sun Princess.

Has anyone been able to get robes in different sizes? Or are they all one size and you must be a sm-med woman or a very small man? I'd like to hear about it before my next cruise. If they're all that same size then I'll just bring my own.

When I was on the last cruise I asked the steward to bring me a robe, but it was a bit too tight for comfort. I asked him if there was a larger size - he said "no." I was surprised because I'm sure there are men who would need a robe much bigger than the one I was given. This was on the Sun Princess.

Has anyone been able to get robes in different sizes? Or are they all one size and you must be a sm-med woman or a very small man? I'd like to hear about it before my next cruise. If they're all that same size then I'll just bring my own.

Sorry, but they have a 'one size fits most' only. They gave you the correct info. You might want to pack a lightweight one to bring along with you if the ones the ship provide aren't large enough for you. ;)

Sorry, but they have a 'one size fits most' only.

I refer to it as "one size fits none". :rolleyes:

Take it from a person who knows about that subject; bring your own. The robes were i swear meant for tiny women and tiny men.:D

We always bring our own lightweight robes so we know they will fit. They take up very little space in the suitcase and are better looking than the provided ones. ;)

I refer to it as "one size fits none". :rolleyes:

;)

Now I have to disagree with that. My DH is quite short and very round and he has never had a problem with the Princess robes fitting him comfortably. We did have a friend that had a problem with them, but he was 6'5" and about 350+ pounds.

Now I have to disagree with that. My DH is quite short and very round and he has never had a problem with the Princess robes fitting him comfortably. We did have a friend that had a problem with them, but he was 6'5" and about 350+ pounds.

I'll admit to being a bit facetious. I'm not particularly tall and I'm round. I can just barely get the robe around me untied. When it's tied it will not stay closed and certainly is not comfortable. Unless they've gotten larger I'll stick to bringing my own.

Jim

My fitness goals are to be tall and skinny. I think I'll work on tall first since it's easier than skinny. ;)

I'll admit to being a bit facetious. I'm not particularly tall and I'm round. I can just barely get the robe around me untied. When it's tied it will not stay closed and certainly is not comfortable. Unless they've gotten larger I'll stick to bringing my own.

Jim

My fitness goals are to be tall and skinny. I think I'll work on tall first since it's easier than skinny. ;)

Since I knew that the robes would not work for our friend, I surprised him with a lightweight robe I made for him, XXXL size. It was a fabric with little pictures of monkeys all over it. He kept telling me he wouldn't need it, and then he tried on the Princess robe. It took him about 2 minutes to get to our stateroom to ask where I put that robe. LOL

OK, I'm not a size 6, but I'm also nowhere near 350# either! :eek:

I could get it on and tied, but it wasn't loose and comfortable like a robe should be. I'm surprised they don't have 2 sizes - a medium and an ex-large. Then most people could find something that would fit well. Maybe I should write that on my post-cruise comments next time.

Oh well, I'll just bring my own. I was just hoping to have one less thing to pack.

On our last cruise to Panama Canal in Oct, we had 2 heavy robes in our suite. They were too bulky and hot so we asked if they could replace them with the waffle robes,,,,,well I tell ya,,my husband came out of the bathroom and I spit up my drink laughing. He looked like the incredible hulk. The sleeves were at his elbows and the length was up to his thighs. He insisted that they gave him a childs robe. I have a question,,,,,are the waffle robes you purchase the same as the ones you get in the suite? Ours fit just fine.

Believe you me the robe always has a gap at the front........I take size 14 around hips...so if there's no size to fit me I don't think there is HOPE for anyone else. Exception some poor soul suffering anorexia:D

This is not stirring the pot but a genuinely curious question; when do you actually wear the robes? I never wear a robe at home and did not grow up in a family where anyone wore them so I am not sure. Do you sleep in them? I assume you wear them only inside the cabin... it seems like they'd be a little hot for a balcony in the Caribbean... at what time do you put on the robe and wear it in your cabin?

This is not stirring the pot but a genuinely curious question; when do you actually wear the robes? I never wear a robe at home and did not grow up in a family where anyone wore them so I am not sure. Do you sleep in them? I assume you wear them only inside the cabin... it seems like they'd be a little hot for a balcony in the Caribbean... at what time do you put on the robe and wear it in your cabin?

...after getting out of the shower, answering the door for room service in the morning

They've been "one size fits all" on all the ships I've been on......

Thanks kruisey and Tobintemp- I just never knew and my husband doesn't come from a robe-wearing clan either. It just seemed strange to me that people were concerned about the type/size etc of something I'd never even used but I guess if you get used to using something at home it's good to have one of the same present for vacation!

I wear it in our room after I've gotten out of the shower before dinner, or out on our balcony. It was a little warm to wear it in the Caribbean but not by much since there was a breeze while we were at sea. Plus, I didn't feel like sitting on any of the chairs in my unz since I don't know how clean they really are.

How funny about robes. They kind of freak me out and I inspect them to make sure they are clean (check the pockets expecially). On our last Carnival cruise we were in a suite and got the super plush robes. I swear that thing weighed more that I did and it covered my feet as I am only 5'3" and shrinking as we speak. Does Princess have kid sizes?

How funny about robes. They kind of freak me out and I inspect them to make sure they are clean (check the pockets expecially). On our last Carnival cruise we were in a suite and got the super plush robes. I swear that thing weighed more that I did and it covered my feet as I am only 5'3" and shrinking as we speak. Does Princess have kid sizes?

I know exactly what you mean. I was ready to invite someone else to share mine with me, as I was swimming in it. LOL

Sorry, no childrens sized robes on Princess that I have ever seen before.

Archived