Citiknits questions...(for you pros!)

Eddie4Paws

I recently purchased various mix and match citiknits outfit sets for my December cruise. A few patterned citiknits tops, and I can wear a different outfit for the next 80 days. (too bad my cruise is only 10 nights!) Anyway, here are my questions:

Can Citiknits be handwashed in the sink in the cabin? The tags say "dry flat". How do you manage that in such a small cabin? (ok, I'm in the "cheap seats"). Can the handwashed item be hung dry, or does the material stretch?

Secondly...would it be inappropriate to wear a citiknit solid color dress, (long or short...I have both!) with all the "trimmings" (say...silver evening sandals, silver shawl, and assorted Diamonique Jewelry (LOL!) on a formal night? I do have other formal wear that I can bring, but I am SO in love with the prospect of easy care and comfort, and cruising this time with low maintenance.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

I also have bought several pieces of citiknits for our cruise in November. I did not buy any dresses but I think that you could dress them up enought.

I am going to bring mine also and I am trying to do low maintenance also.

We have cruised about 15 times and I am now into the ease of the cruise while still dressing the right way. It is after all a vacation so I think going the easy way makes sense while still dressing up. I am not into the gown type thing anyway.

Pat

Oh I am sorry I never answered your

question about washing and drying. I haven't worn my outifts yet so I haven't the answer for you. I would imagine on a towel over a chair you could sort of dry them. I think putting them on a hanger might stretch them out of shape.

Sorry, I don't remember who wrote it. After washing and rolling up in a towel to remove excess water, hang your garment on one hanger, then bring the garment up from the middle and hang on another hanger. This alleviates the weight of the garment pulling all the way from the bottom.

This method also works for hanging a long dress to be packed in a garment bag. Thank you to whoever gave this advise and I apologize for not being able to acknowledge your great advise.

Love, love, love Lisa Robertson and Citiknits.

Last night we went to dinner with friends. I wore the CK long black skirt with a black shear top and a pink wrap. This a.m. I washed the black CK skirt with my other delicate clothes on the gentle cycle, as I always do. I turn the clothes INSIDE OUT though, and I have never had a problem doing them in my washing machine.

I know Lois and Iszu and others, maybe Karen even, have Citiknits, so hopefully they'll post their thoughts too!

Enjoy your wkend, girls!

Janet

I have worn a long (even longer on me since I'm vertically challenged) with all the "trimmings" for formal night. Nobody pointed and stared so I figured I was O.K.

I wash them like JanetMarie, inside out on the delicate cycle. I also hang dry. They dry pretty quick so I never really worried about stretching.

Hi Marie :) Citiknits run large.....I always get a Medium...they fit me nicely....on a lot of items I wear a large...but If I were to wear a large in Citiknits I think I would almost be swimming in it.

And I thought I was the QVC Queen! You most certainly can wear Citiknits on formal night. The slinky material makes one feel really sexy. All you really need as you said is some jazzy jewelry to bring it together. Citiknits does run full, and Renee has very few pieces in XL. They really should make more styles in XL. Have a wonderful cruise.;)

Marie,

I am a 14-16 and my first citiknit that I ordered I got a large and it was too big. I have purchased several more and bought mediums and they fit. If you are looking for a XL I am pretty sure that you will be happy with a L. I would try the L before the 1X. Just my opinion. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

pAT

For anyone who has both Citiknits and Chico's Traveler's, how do the sizes compare? I can wear a 2 in Chicos Travelers bottoms, just not in anything fitted - then its a 3. Would Citinknits large be ok?

Thanks for your help!

Hi ladies. I'm looking at a Citiknits outfit on EBay. I generally wear a size 12 so should I look for a small or a medium. Also, since I am only 5'3", will I have a problem with the sleeves being too long? I usually buy petites for that reason.

Hi girls:)

I am usually a 14 Petite and wear a medium in citiknits and I wear Chicos things as well....normally a 2 to a 3 it just depends on the particular piece of clothing.

Taz, the sleeves are fine...sometimes I have to roll up the waist on the pants....but I love the clothing:) .

In Citiknits I feel like (for me) a large is just too big.

way. I ordered a large, and I so hope it isn't too small. I would love for it to fit, look great and be able to take it with me when I leave this Friday.

I also won an auction on E-bay for a Citiknits dress. The auction I really wanted to win was for a Large, Black, Super Shaper Skirt, but I lost :(. We were doing battle down to the last second. I won the last seconds battle on the dress but not the skirt. This was my first e-bay experience. And, QVC's is now on backorder for 45 days!

I'll let you know how I make out when my stuff comes. Thanks, ALL

Marie

They fit! I am very happy with the pantsuit, except for my bulging stomach, bad side view, but that's not the suit's fault, LOL,LOL. I'll wear a girdle.

Yes, I can see where E-bay could be addicting, as well as the Citiknits.

Thanks ALL :).

Marie

great for travel, lightweight, no wrinkle...check them out on qvc for more info.

Maybe you will get some replies from some of the other posters, since I am a new citiknits customer :). The ONLY negative I can see it is HAND WASH ONLY. I typically don't buy anything hand wash only, but I did this time.

Has anyone ever laundered them on gentle cycle in the washer?

Marie

Archived