soda card question

My DW and I are getting ready to leave and she has decided to purchase the soda package.

My question is: Can we both enjoy the perks of the soda package (i.e. can she order a coke and a diet coke) and not get in trouble? Also, if one purchases the adult soda package, can you still order alcohol (sp?)?

I know that this is a silly question, but I searched the Board as well as the RCCL web site and could not find an answer.

You will get many opinions with that question. The soda card is meant for the person who purchases it. You will be given a sticker on your seapass card. When you order your soda they will take the card and bring you a glass of soda or fill your soda container that they give you. At least that was the way it was the last time we did it.

Your DD will received a RC mug, which can be filled at any bar. Her card will have a sticker on it. The adult card is just for soda. I am not sure what you are asking about alcholic drinks. They are not included in the soda package.

No I know that they are not included, but if I'm say at the blackjack table and I ask my wife to get me a drink or if she runs ahead to get a good spot in the nightclub, can she order a couple of beers with her seapass card that has the soda sticker on it, or do I have to be the one to order it, since my seapass will not have the soda sticker on it.

Guest carlogesualdo

The "soda card" is meant for one person. If you're sneaky about it, you can get away with sharing one, but that's up to you. If you don't drink as much Coke as your wife drinks Diet Coke, you might consider just ordering a Coke separately as you feel like drinking one. Then you won't have that weighing on your conscience.

Alcohol is a different story. You'll have to pay for your alcoholic drinks separately. They are not included in the soda card package because they're a major source of revenue for the cruise line. I think some cruise lines may have a separate all-you-can-drink card of some sort. You might check on that, but I'm pretty sure Royal Caribbean does not have any such thing.

No I know that they are not included, but if I'm say at the blackjack table and I ask my wife to get me a drink or if she runs ahead to get a good spot in the nightclub, can she order a couple of beers with her seapass card that has the soda sticker on it, or do I have to be the one to order it, since my seapass will not have the soda sticker on it.

That is no problem she can order your drinks and they will be charged to her seapass. She just won't be able to get both of you sodas based on the soda sticker. She could get hers with the sticker and they would charge for a second ordered at the same time.

As beer is not included with the soda package, it's immaterial to the question of whether she has a soda sticker. Whoever orders a beer (or multiples) will be charged for however many beers she/he orders.

beachchick

There are threads, believe me a very, very, very long one about sharing soda sticker and how that is considered stealing by some. As mentioned, the sticker is meant for the person whose SeaPass has the sticker.

If your wife doesn't drink the equivalent of 3 cans of soda a day, then it's not worth buying the sticker. Regular cans of coke were $2.01 on our cruise in January. With the sticker, one doesn't get a can, it's fountain soda. I think my husband, who buys the card almost every time we cruise, said that 2 glasses of soda equal about a can.

As long as she is 21, she can still buy alcoholic drinks even with the sticker on her card. Enjoy!

:D I bought the soda sticker on our recent cruise and found it to be a worthwhile investment. My husband would have an occasional sip of my sodas, but isn't as hooked on Diet Coke and seltzer as I am. During dinner, our lovely waiter's assistant brought both of us soda during the meal - no charge. Heck, they had pitchers of it...

By the way, we also brought a case of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and a case of water on board with us, and it came to our room fine. Next time I won't bother with the soda because we discovered that the bars had Diet Sprite as well as Diet Coke.

I didn't see the cost as being excessive - $7-$8 per day (roughly) for endless soda seemed reasonable to me.

I always buy the soda card, I'm a diet coke drinker. DH will drink 2-3 diet cokes in a whole week so I will go to a bar and get him a diet coke on my card. There are different levels of abuse using that soda card but Hell would freeze over before i ever drank $6.90 of diet coke in one day. You must buy the soda card for the entire trip, they don't prorate it.

I always buy the soda card, I'm a diet coke drinker. DH will drink 2-3 diet cokes in a whole week so I will go to a bar and get him a diet coke on my card. There are different levels of abuse using that soda card but Hell would freeze over before i ever drank $6.90 of diet coke in one day. You must buy the soda card for the entire trip, they don't prorate it.

So as a stockholder, you think it is okay for everyone to share their soda card if it is only a few cokes the whole week? Or is this something you consider dishonest too?

.....but Hell would freeze over before i ever drank $6.90 of diet coke in one day.

I'm confused. If you don't drink enough soda to justify the cost, why do you buy it in the first place?:confused: :confused:

So as a stockholder, you think it is okay for everyone to share their soda card if it is only a few cokes the whole week? Or is this something you consider dishonest too?

About as dishonest as smuggling booze but on a much- much -much- much smaller scale :D

About as dishonest as smuggling booze but on a much- much -much- much smaller scale :D

But if RCI would sell us booze in their shops and let us take it to our rooms,we would not have a smuggling problem.If you do not want to buy the soda card you can bring your own aboard.That's legal.

But if RCI would sell us booze in their shops and let us take it to our rooms,we would not have a smuggling problem.If you do not want to buy the soda card you can bring your own aboard.That's legal.

If I brought my own soda on board RCL would loose that $49 which is almost all profit. :D

I bought a soda package 3 years ago and found I wasted money. I could not possible consume that much soda to make up for it...nor should I even try. Now if they have one for water that would be worth it.

Archived