Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

Mike and Anne--- Thanks for taking the time to put all of the pictures and information together.

I cannot wait to try the macaroons-- they sound heavenly!!! (I hope they're one of the complimentary pastries).

I'm not sure that the above is accurate since it was my understanding that only Aqua Class would have that for free, but if she is correct it's another nice perk for the suites!

I guess nothing is set in stone, but the accuracy seems correct, as that's been the case on the celebritysolstice.com site since day one.

We have added Host Anne's photos to the bottom of the page on our website at www.thepreismans.com . She had great pics of the Silk Harvest and Cafe Al Bacio menus. You might have to refresh your page when it comes up, since you will probably get the one that you previously cached. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this link. I can finally see what everyone is talking about!

Hi gang ~ this is the first time I've had a couple of moments to sit down and really go through this thread since getting back from Miami. We were happy to be able to take some photos and share them with everyone. After looking through Mike's photos I realized just how much I missed. Didn't even really see the black jack table. And I didn't really get a chance to check out the entertainment info. But I can attest to the fact that the food and martinis were terrific. I think Celebrity will have a big hit with their F&B on Solstice.

I realize that everyone is so excited and wants to learn as much info as possible. As soon as we learn more details we will share them here on the boards. Do keep in mind, though, that the finer details of things like menus, dailies, etc are still to be finalized and can (and probably will) change as the months to sailing approach. I do believe, though, that no matter what the final results are, I'm going to really, really like this ship.

And I probably haven't had a chance to say this before, but the very best thing I saw in Miami is that Celebrity plans to have it's best staff on board when Solstice sails in November. From the Weir brothers (Nick and Simon as CD and Hotel Manager respectively) to Dominique Gamba heading up food & beverage, to Sudi and Togi in the Martini bar, I already know that that this ship will be staffed with terrific people. For me, it's always been the people that make a cruise special. Can't wait for Solstice to arrive!

[quote name='kcb'][B][COLOR=darkslategray]I guess nothing is set in stone, but the accuracy seems correct, as that's been the case on the celebritysolstice.com site since day one.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Not sure how I keep missing it then because I just went to the description for our Sky Suite on the Solstice and don't see mention of the Persian Gardens, but do see it listed for the Aqua Class Staterooms. Whatever, I'm just glad it seems to be an additional perk.

HI Host Andy
The beds looked good but I hope they have blankets. My husband likes the room cold!. Did they talk about the show times? I like to go to the shows after late sitting, on some of the ships they had them early for the late sitting. We like the late shows so we can take our time getting dressed for dinner, however this cruise will mostly be ship not the tours been there. Joann and Bob

[quote name='evoni']Not sure how I keep missing it then because I just went to the description for our Sky Suite on the Solstice and don't see mention of the Persian Gardens, but do see it listed for the Aqua Class Staterooms. Whatever, I'm just glad it seems to be an additional perk.[/quote]

I don't see it mentioned in the Solstice brocure. If you go to CelebritySolstice.com and explore the accomodations section, the description for the Celebrity and Royal suites specifically states that the Persian Gardens are complimentary. It does not say this for the Sky Suite so either it is not included or it is an oversight on the site.

[quote name='Friscorays']I don't see it mentioned in the Solstice brocure. If you go to CelebritySolstice.com and explore the accomodations section, the description for the Celebrity and Royal suites specifically states that the Persian Gardens are complimentary. It does not say this for the Sky Suite so either it is not included or it is an oversight on the site.[/quote]

It was an oversight on the site regarding Sky suites. I booked one of these suites and thought it strange that I didn't get complimentary use of the Persian Gardens... especially if you consider what I am paying for the suite so I contract Celebrity and they confirmed it was included.:D

Hello all ~ I have a couple of additional notes regarding Blu to relay.

Blu will now only be available to passengers booked in the Aqua Class staterooms (those folks will be assigned to this dining room - early or late seating) and then available to Suite guests on a space available basis. It will not be available to other passengers as originally thought.

If Aqua Class passengers wish to dine in the main dining room instead of Blu, they will need to see the Maitre 'd upon boarding and may be moved based upon availability. However, I don't think you'll be able to move from one to the other on any given night. I've asked that question and await an answer but if you really think about it, Blu is really serving as another dining room for early and late seating and it doesn't work to move from one level of the dining room to another on any given night so it won't work to go from Blu to the main dining room and back at will, either.

As more details are available, we'll continue to share them :)

That sounds perfectly logical, Anne. We get so excited, and we all start speculating and discussing. We all need to remember that "what ifs" do not always turn into "that's so". :) Of course excitement is never a bad thing! I think that Solstice has so many features to be excited about that there's not much that would disappoint me. :D

I consider a ship like Solstice a work in progress. There are so many new innovations that I think they'll have to actually try them out, see how things go, make adjustments. The up side is that the innovations really seem pretty darn cool. I'm good with the fact that some things will change as they go along to improve the overall cruise. I know we are all so excited and wish all the answers were crystal clear but it's a bit tough when the ship has yet to sail. Think of it like building a new house :) !

At any rate....it IS very exciting and I am so ready to step on board!

[quote name='Host Anne']If Aqua Class passengers wish to dine in the main dining room instead of Blu, they will need to see the Maitre 'd upon boarding and may be moved based upon availability. However, I don't think you'll be able to move from one to the other on any given night. I've asked that question and await an answer but if you really think about it, Blu is really serving as another dining room for early and late seating and it doesn't work to move from one level of the dining room to another on any given night so it won't work to go from Blu to the main dining room and back at will, either.[/quote]

We will be traveling with a large party and not too many of us are in AQ....so I hope we can move to the main dining room and still have Blu availability on a couple nights.

Dining in Blu is exactly as I thought it would be. That is the dining room for AQ. We wanted to book that class but to me it is really for people who are traveling alone or with others in the same class. When we booked Nov. 30 our friend was going in a different class so we booked with her as I wanted to eat with her in the dining room.

Pat

[quote name='RodPat']Dining in Blu is exactly as I thought it would be. That is the dining room for AQ. We wanted to book that class but to me it is really for people who are traveling alone or with others in the same class. When we booked Nov. 30 our friend was going in a different class so we booked with her as I wanted to eat with her in the dining room.

Pat[/quote]

And we love you for that Miss Pat!:):):)

4Adam ~ I don't believe it's going to work that way. I don't think you are going to be able to switch back and forth between Blu and the Main Dining room. Blu isn't a specialty restaurant ... it's a dining room that AC passengers will be assigned for the entire cruise just like other who are assigned to a table in the main dining room for the entire cruise. I think if you switch to the main dining room, you'll probably be expected to dine there most of the time. I would guess that you could dine in Blu on a space available basis like suite guests but I don't think their plan is for AC guests to go back and for between Blu and the main dining room.

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out after the ship is sailing for awhile.

Good morning all. Host Anne sent us the sample dailies for days 1 and 2, so I have added them to the pictures. (Please remember that these are only samples, not actuals.)

If you go to [URL="http://www.thepreismans.com"]www.thepreismans.com[/URL] please refresh your page if you don't see the dailies for one and two.

Enjoy,

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I have heard a rumor that Sue Williams, presently on Century, will be the first Captain's Club hostess. I don't know if anyone has had the pleasure of meeting Sue, but she's a treasure. Prior to taking the hostess position she spent many years as a Spa Manager on various Celebrity ships.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Host Anne']4Adam ~ I don't believe it's going to work that way. I don't think you are going to be able to switch back and forth between Blu and the Main Dining room. Blu isn't a specialty restaurant ... it's a dining room that AC passengers will be assigned for the entire cruise just like other who are assigned to a table in the main dining room for the entire cruise. I think if you switch to the main dining room, you'll probably be expected to dine there most of the time. I would guess that you could dine in Blu on a space available basis like suite guests but I don't think their plan is for AC guests to go back and for between Blu and the main dining room.

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out after the ship is sailing for awhile.[/quote]

Thanks for the info Host Anne!!

Any idea if the expanded bkfst menu that is served in CC will be extended to Aqua class? I would think so..Curious.

Also, did anyone ask at the preview about sound insulation below the pool deck-directly about AQ and penthouse areas?

Daph

[quote name='Daphna101']Any idea if the expanded bkfst menu that is served in CC will be extended to Aqua class? I would think so..Curious.

Daph[/quote]

From what I understand, Aquaclass also gets to order from the expanded breakfast menu.

[quote name='Penney80']HI Host Andy
The beds looked good but I hope they have blankets. My husband likes the room cold!. Did they talk about the show times? I like to go to the shows after late sitting, on some of the ships they had them early for the late sitting. We like the late shows so we can take our time getting dressed for dinner, however this cruise will mostly be ship not the tours been there. Joann and Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Joann and Bob !

I am sure there will be plenty of blankets. Celebrity is extremely accomodating with those sorts of items.

Regarding the early/late showtimes, I agree with you. We always take late seating for Dinner, and we much prefer the show to be after Dinner. Celebrity seems to prefer keeping the showtimes a moving target, sometimes pre-Dinner, and other times after Dinner. I have several family members who refuse to go to the show when it is Pre-Dinner, and that is unfortunate. I've noticed that the shows are less attended when they are pre-Dinner. While I have repeatedly asked Celebrity why they choose to do this, and I always put this on the comment card... I do not expect it to change on Solstice. I'm sure there are good reasons why Celebrity does it this way (probably for revenue enhancement), but we would be happier if the shows were always after Dinner.

[quote name='C 2 C'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I have heard a rumor that Sue Williams, presently on Century, will be the first Captain's Club hostess. I don't know if anyone has had the pleasure of meeting Sue, but she's a treasure. Prior to taking the hostess position she spent many years as a Spa Manager on various Celebrity ships.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I agree about Sue. Was recently on the Century and had the pleasure of meeting her and being with her on several occasions. If the Solstice gets her they will have a gem.

Archived