Airline Stuff

Woobstr112G

Was curious if anyone has experienced the airlines since all the changes. Particularily interested in any experiences with carry on's and weight issues......

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I'm not sure just what you're asking.

We have found that, for domestic flights with the US, the weight limit per checked suitcase is 50#.

There is a TSA rule for liquids and gels in a carry-on: for each passenger, they must fit in a one quart plastic bag, and each can be in a container no larger than three ounces.

Was curious if anyone has experienced the airlines since all the changes. Particularily interested in any experiences with carry on's and weight issues......

Bob

What are you looking for....:confused: Confirmation that no one at the airlines are checking weights and sizes ???? :confused: If that is the case... Someone else's experience would not be any indication of what you could expect.

My brother and I (and our wives) boarded a flight with strict limits. I was checked extensively....yet two agents down.... he wasn't. Go figure.

You can always take your chance but be prepared. :) ;)

We just returned from an airtran flight. Their rule is you can check one 50# bag. You can check a second bag for $20 at the airport or $10 if you print your boarding pass early. If you book business class you can check 2 bags free. They did pay attention to the weight of our bags.

We flew Continental to Newark and back about 2 weeks ago. We checked one bag, they did not charge for it. We were on regional jets both ways. For years, I have had to gate check my rolling carryon on them. This was the case again. There was no charge for checking it.

During both flights we were served a beverage (soda, water, coffee, etc) and a snack (small bag of pretzels) for free.

Depends on who you fly, when you bought your ticket, and also what airport you fly out of. If you bought the ticket after the luggage announcement, you will pay the fee. I fly out of a small regional airport and have brought luggage over 50lbs on and they did not weight it as they really did not have the ability to do it at the airport. At the bigger airports the scales are built right into the counters and they can easily find the over weight luggage. Have not seen really stringing enforcement of carry on rules yet (granted I would like to) Last week saw people bringing everything from a guitar to a volleyball. I think they are all still trying to figure it all out

Thanks forall the replies. I was just curious about some personal experiences of some after the changes or re emphsis of exsisting rules. I saw the other thread and am aware of the changes. Just a little curiousity thats all....

Bob

Thanks forall the replies. I was just curious about some personal experiences of some after the changes or re emphsis of exsisting rules. I saw the other thread and am aware of the changes. Just a little curiousity thats all....

Bob

We flew American to Las Vegas June 30th; returned on July 4th. We checked no baggage; just took 2 wheelie carryons, both the same size. Both are expandable, but no expansion used. One looks larger than the other because of color. Outbound they wanted us to check one; said it was too big. Showed them two were the same and they let it though. Flying from Vegas nobody paid attention.

Moral of the story is: depends on airline, time of day and whim of the inspectors. As for checking baggage, last week Delta was charging for ONE pound overage (51 instead of 50). Passenger opened up bag, removed a few items and carried them.

Pia

Archived