Moving up to JS

Right now we are sailing on a D1 on the AOS next year. Deck 9. I have noticed that cabin 9618 has opened up right in the center of the hump. Its a JS and it would mean paying the extra for the upgrade. I believe its about $400 per person for my and my wife.

What are you thoughts do you think its worth it. Last time we sailed on the EOS we had a JS and loved it. It wasn't a hump but it was still good. How are the hump cabins in the JS Cat different to other JS.

Thanks everyone for there input.

A JS in the middle of the hump is a wonderful location for a cabin. You can look for forward and aft and get great views. Since you have already sailed in a JS, then you know how nice and roomy they are.

If the $400pp more will not put that much of a dent into the budget.........I would say go for it. I just love spending other people's money!:D

When possible, we always book JS 9318 on the starboard side. They are wonderful JS cabins with excellent views and very close to the elevators.

The only concern I would have with 9618 is that it is below the Royal Suite. The Royal Suite has a baby grand player piano, and some people think it is really neat to leave it playing at all hours, loudly.

We were right next door to the Royal (with piano)--never heard a peep. If you do, just call the desk and they will take care of it!

I think a JS is worth MORE than $400---won't sail unless I have at least that! Great room!

Only you know what your finances are and how much time you'll spend in the cabin to enjoy the extra space.:) I'd do it in a heartbeat!

We had 9324 on Mariner, which isn't dead center, and I really enjoyed the central location. I think the cabin was a bit larger than standard to incorporate the "curve" of the hump, but in any event, it was a great cabin.

And you do get a second cruise credit, so if you're on the verge of attaining the next status in C&A, that could be a minor factor - I wouldn't spend $800 just for the extra credit, since you could take a second, short, cruise for that price!

If you can afford it book it. We always book a JS, it's the BEST deal on the ship in my opinion. It's generally a third bigger than a D1, which is a LOT more than a "few feet" and the walk in closet and bigger bath are wonderful. Well worth the $400..if you can afford it.

Funny thing - I would upgrade from my D1 to a JS on my sailing next spring, but it won't allow 4 in a cabin in the JS, even though it is 30% larger, according to those here!:mad:

If the extra $800 is worth it to you - go for it. I would, if I could!

Funny thing - I would upgrade from my D1 to a JS on my sailing next spring, but it won't allow 4 in a cabin in the JS, even though it is 30% larger, according to those here!:mad:

On Indy they told you they can't put 4 in a JS? I had a JS booked on Liberty and it's in the same class.

I know the Sovereign class can't hold 4 in a JS, but Indy? :confused:

Wonder if they have 2 different JS's on that class?

Looking at the deck plans, it appears that they do. The cabin description is "sitting area (some with sofa bed)" and on the diagram not all of the cabins have the symbol showing the sofa bed.

Call RCI and see if anybody is holding a quad JS but hasn't put down a deposit (TAs can hold group space for 30 days, so if somebody did that & hasn't sold the cabin RCI can recall it). And definitely waitlist for it. The extra space is well worth it, IMHO. Good luck!

All I can give is my personal opinion so here it is. YES, I would pay the extra $4000 pp if I had that extra money. You do have more room and a nice deep bath tub that allows you to take a shower without having to step out of it to turn around. You won't get any perks like Grand Suites and above categories but you do get an extra cruise credit which just might put you over the top to get to the next level.

Of course this is just my opinion. I gave an opinion awhile back and I was stepped on and squashed like a little bug :eek: for doing it. Some people are just rude!

On Indy they told you they can't put 4 in a JS? I had a JS booked on Liberty and it's in the same class.

I know the Sovereign class can't hold 4 in a JS, but Indy? :confused:

When you search for a double, a JS comes up. When you search for a quad, it shows unavailable!

I think that means that all the JS cabins that can accommodate 4 are reserved. Maybe not all JS can accommodate 4 passengers.

All I can give is my personal opinion so here it is. YES, I would pay the extra $4000 pp if I had that extra money. You do have more room and a nice deep bath tub that allows you to take a shower without having to step out of it to turn around. You won't get any perks like Grand Suites and above categories but you do get an extra cruise credit which just might put you over the top to get to the next level.

Of course this is just my opinion. I gave an opinion awhile back and I was stepped on and squashed like a little bug :eek: for doing it. Some people are just rude!

Well, I am not going to squash you, and you are entitled to your opinion, but $4000 extra is a bit much in *my* opinion. :D :D :D :D

Right now we are sailing on a D1 on the AOS next year. Deck 9. I have noticed that cabin 9618 has opened up right in the center of the hump. Its a JS and it would mean paying the extra for the upgrade. I believe its about $400 per person for my and my wife.

What are you thoughts do you think its worth it. Last time we sailed on the EOS we had a JS and loved it. It wasn't a hump but it was still good. How are the hump cabins in the JS Cat different to other JS.

We had 9618 last year on the AOS and just loved it. Being my first cruise, I cant compare it to another cabin, but I loved the big closet and the balcony had 2 chairs, small table and lounger. We have 9624 for the Mariner this year, not quite middle of hump, but good enough. Either way, enjoy your cruise.:D

Well, I am not going to squash you, and you are entitled to your opinion, but $4000 extra is a bit much in *my* opinion. :D :D :D :D

You have my permission to squash me for that mistake. It's not 4,000 its 400. Its not 4000, its 400. Its not 4000 it 400. I'll repeat this 97 more times.

FYI - I just upgrade my sister and me from a JS to a GS on the Voyager. For 400 (four hundred) each.

You have my permission to squash me for that mistake. It's not 4,000 its 400. Its not 4000, its 400. Its not 4000 it 400. I'll repeat this 97 more times.

FYI - I just upgrade my sister and me from a JS to a GS on the Voyager. For 400 (four hundred) each.

Congratulations! We only cruised on the Voyager once, but we had a WONDERFUL cruise.

(try saying: "excessively narcissistic" 6 times!) ;)

After seeing this thread, I checked the price difference between the E1 cabin I booked on Freedom and the JS (7-night cruise in Nov. 2009). The JS is $729/pp more, and I'm NOT paying that! I usually don't book balcony cabins, but I'll be sharing it with my 2 daughters and wanted a little more space. I also booked the Promenade cabin directly across the hall for my DH and son. I ALMOST mentioned to my husband how much we would save if we all stayed in inside cabins, but decided to leave well enough alone. :D

How long is that cruise and how many sea days?

Looking at the deck plans, it appears that they do. The cabin description is "sitting area (some with sofa bed)" and on the diagram not all of the cabins have the symbol showing the sofa bed.

Call RCI and see if anybody is holding a quad JS but hasn't put down a deposit (TAs can hold group space for 30 days, so if somebody did that & hasn't sold the cabin RCI can recall it). And definitely waitlist for it. The extra space is well worth it, IMHO. Good luck!

Sorry to hijack, but wanted to follow up. Independence does have JS that hold up to 4 passengers, just sold out on my cruise. I have asked my TA to put me on the wait list but will become a stalker and keep my eye on it myself.

Thanks for the idea!

Archived