My own wine in public areas?

Ceenie

I understand the policy for bringing wine aboard that you must drink it in the dining room and staterooms only. I wonder how well enforced this is. What will happen if I have a glass of my own wine in one of the public rooms or bar areas? Is it strictly taboo or is the policy more of a guideline? I know on NCL they dont mind where you drink it, in fact you can carry it anywhere with you.

We did this. We saved our wine glasses from the bar and refilled them in our room. Since you can walk out of a bar with your drink, how can anyone know where you filled it? I also think since you can bring wine, there should be no reason for someone to even care if you sit outside with your bottle and glasses. Have fun!

We did this. We saved our wine glasses from the bar and refilled them in our room. Since you can walk out of a bar with your drink, how can anyone know where you filled it? I also think since you can bring wine, there should be no reason for someone to even care if you sit outside with your bottle and glasses. Have fun!

I agree that if you carry a wine glass around with you, nobody will be the wiser. But I think it's quite bold if you would bring the bottle and sit in a public area with it. :rolleyes:

I understand the policy for bringing wine aboard that you must drink it in the dining room and staterooms only. I wonder how well enforced this is. What will happen if I have a glass of my own wine in one of the public rooms or bar areas? Is it strictly taboo or is the policy more of a guideline? I know on NCL they dont mind where you drink it, in fact you can carry it anywhere with you.

There is no mention in Princess Policy that you are prohibited from drinking your wine in public places, in dining rooms you will be charged a $15 fee.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/dining.jsp

Alcohol Policy

Passengers under 21 years of age are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol onboard. Duty- and tax-free alcohol is available for purchase and may be delivered to your stateroom the last day of your cruise. Discounted stateroom packages are available. Click here to download our beverage menu.

Alcohol purchased at any port of call, including the port of embarkation, may not be consumed onboard. It will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your cruise, prior to your disembarkation. You may bring wine or champagne onboard to celebrate special occasions (limit: one bottle per person). If consumed in the dining rooms or alternative restaurants, each bottle will be subject to a $15 corkage fee*.

*Charges are subject to change.

Ask your room steward to ensure you have wine glasses in your cabin, then you don't have to bring them from a bar. No problem with filling them and carrying them around but not around the pool area where only plastic is used.

Many people bring in glasses of wine or spirits to the dining room. Nobody says a word. & as cruiseryc said, your steward will supply glasses, bottle openers & corkscrews.

Steve

So if I understand this correctly, you can bring one bottle per person to consume on your balcony and no issues will arise at the gang plank when boarding
That's correct. And hopefully, you won't walk the "gangplank" but rather board the ship via the "gangway." :):)

As someone else noted, it's fine to walk into the dining room, carrying a glass of your favorite beverage, so who's to stop you from doing it in other parts of the ship. We frequently get a drink at the bar just outside the dining room and take them in with us. No worries there.

I think as long as you don't make a big deal out of it or flash it about, you won't have an issue.

So if I understand this correctly, you can bring one bottle per person to consume on your balcony and no issues will arise at the gang plank when boarding

People quite often take more than one bottler per person without incident.

Princess bartenders make some pretty good drinks and the house wine is OK and not too expensive. I have walked about with a stem glass on occasion with no problem. There are enough people pumping up bar bills to keep CCL afloat. Don't worry too much. The most important thing is to have fun.

You will be ok outside of your stateroom but use some discretion nad don't walk around with the bottle, remember there are bartenders and servers who make their livings on tips so you don't want to rub too much salt into the wound.

I agree that if you carry a wine glass around with you, nobody will be the wiser. But I think it's quite bold if you would bring the bottle and sit in a public area with it. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, Toto, I commend you for your politeness. "Bold" is not the word I was thinking of....;)

My opinion and mine only. I bring liquor aboard (I know it's frowned upon) to consume in my cabin while getting ready for dinner. Other than this I buy anything I drink. While I do it for the convenience I realize some are looking for a $$$ savings. I think that's OK but don't flaunt it.

I guess when I said you could bring your bottle somewhere, I was imagining a quiet place in the evening...not right in the middle of the action. Sorry for the misunderstanding. A quiet place to look out at the ocean and share some wine where you wouldn't be taking away from someone's tips is what I was thinking of. We buy plenty (read too many!) of drinks and bottles of wine on board, and have brought a couple of special wines as well. I would never "flaunt" my bottle of wine, in fact we've never brought a whole bottle anywhere but to dinner or our room. I am just saying that it could be done, discreetly, of course.

I do have to say that if I was walking around and saw a couple or small group of adults talking and sharing a bottle of wine, I'd think nothing of it..I mean how would I know or care where they got it? In reality it doesn't seem particularly bold. Cheers!

I would never "flaunt" my bottle of wine, in fact we've never brought a whole bottle anywhere but to dinner or our room. I am just saying that it could be done, discreetly, of course.

I do have to say that if I was walking around and saw a couple or small group of adults talking and sharing a bottle of wine, I'd think nothing of it..I mean how would I know or care where they got it? In reality it doesn't seem particularly bold. Cheers!

Well said chriscruise. I think some people sometimes judge people abit too much for asking a simple question :rolleyes: .

And your post is not judgmental?

But going back to the original question. It is about the readers not as considerate as Chris interpreting these posts and the responses as being OK to go round the ship carrying bottles of wine anywhere on the ship. One does not even need a glass. Drink straight from the bottle -- as someone said "who is to stop you?"

Well said chriscruise. I think some people sometimes judge people abit too much for asking a simple question :rolleyes: .

And your post is not judgmental?

But going back to the original question. It is about the readers not as considerate as Chris interpreting these posts and the responses as being OK to go round the ship carrying bottles of wine anywhere on the ship. One does not even need a glass. Drink straight from the bottle -- as someone said "who is to stop you?"[/quote]

Oh dear sultan I think you are going abit over the top aren't you?? The OP asked if it was ok to take their wine to other parts of the ship. Just because other people wish to interpret this in a bad way then that just shows what negative views they have of other people - IMHO oh course :D :D . I admit I may be a bit naive about other peoples manners but sometimes sometimes I feel that things said quite innocently get taken totally out of proportion.:o

Archived