Love Being A Diamond!!!!

When we sailed on the Enchantment last week, we found a folder in our room in the cabinet with our safe. It had a welcome letter, two pieces of personalized stationary, and our key to the concierge lounge.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise. Tell Julian, Bennie and I say hello.

I want to be a diamond member:(. I just turned platinum and am happy about that. It will take me about 3 or 4 more years to become diamond. I plan to retire in 3 years and then I can cruise twice a year instead of once! My sis and BIL will be diamond soon and then I will be jealous because they will get to do lots of stuff without me and my Dh!!

Except for being in the CL, and whatever attention you get there, I NEVER felt like any server or cabin steward treated me any differently because I am Diamond.

The steward appreciates that I "know the ropes" about what to expect, and how to communicate my needs, but other than that, no special services.

I agree.

I have just made Diamond level and will be cruising 1st time as Diamond in Sept. Really exicted about it and looking forward to see the Diamond concierge lounge on FOS.

One question, I heard from this board that there si a pin given to Diamong members?? Where and how do you get it? WHat does it look like?

Thanks.

I have just made Diamond level and will be cruising 1st time as Diamond in Sept. Really exicted about it and looking forward to see the Diamond concierge lounge on FOS.

One question, I heard from this board that there si a pin given to Diamong members?? Where and how do you get it? WHat does it look like?

Thanks.

Ask the Loyalty Ambassador on the Freedom for your pin.

It's a gold colored RC symbol (the crown & anchor) with a teeny tiny chippette of crystalline substance. :D

Thanks.

We are also Diamond Members, In June of 2006 we were not allowed in the Concierge Club on deck 10 just the regular Diamond Club on deck 14.

The Conierge Club is only for guests that book Suites and Junior suites do not count, Has to be a Grand Suite or higher.

Sorry to let you down.

Jimbo:)

Ask the Loyalty Ambassador on the Freedom for your pin.

It's a gold colored RC symbol (the crown & anchor) with a teeny tiny chippette of crystalline substance. :D

Crystalline substance? Oooh, aaah. :D Now, I'm going to have to go find mine. :D

We'll be on FOS next month and have diamond status by virtue of the five RCCL cruises we've taken plus the many, many cruises we've taken on Celebrity. Will we be able to use the diamond lounge on Freedom, and what are the benefits of being able to use it? Besides the lounge, what's so great about having Diamond status? Also, what's the difference between the diamond lounge and the concierge lounge? Thanks!

Arrival:

When you arrive on the ship, there should be a letter on your bed with a key card for the Concierge Lounge. It is "open" 24/7. The Concierge will have morning hours and evening hours, generally around 8:30 - 11 and 5 - 8:30.

The drinks are pour-drinks only. (no blender or frozen drinks; nothing fancy)

Departure:

The Concierge will send you a letter that should be on your bed the last night of your cruise. It will tell you where you can gather and wait for him/her to take you off the ship.

I think it just depends on who your concierge is. Our DL on Liberty was up off the Viking Crown, and when they did not have what we wanted inside the lounge, they went out to the main bar and got it. So we could get anything we wanted. We did not have any frozen drinks, but they did go out and get my DH a drink from the bar b/c they did not have the brand of booze he wanted inside the DL.

Except for being in the CL, and whatever attention you get there, I NEVER felt like any server or cabin steward treated me any differently because I am Diamond.

The steward appreciates that I "know the ropes" about what to expect, and how to communicate my needs, but other than that, no special services.

I have to agree with Merion Mom on this. I have never been treated differently and don't expect too.

Laura

I have to agree with Merion Mom on this. I have never been treated differently and don't expect too.

Laura

I'm only a gold and 1 time cruiser so I do not know of what I speak, but I would imagine its a lot like loyalty programs elsewhere. Say the airlines or the hotels. Where it very much depends on the property and more so the specific personnel you are dealing with.

Quick question that I can't seem to find the exact answer to----my sister and I will be in a GS on the Voyager next February. Will we be getting two keys for the Concierge Lounge or just one? I guess I can understand maybe one key for a couple, but I am hoping that my sister and I can get separate keys. What has been peoples' experiences as far as numbers of keys provided per room?

Sue

Quick question that I can't seem to find the exact answer to----my sister and I will be in a GS on the Voyager next February. Will we be getting two keys for the Concierge Lounge or just one? I guess I can understand maybe one key for a couple, but I am hoping that my sister and I can get separate keys. What has been peoples' experiences as far as numbers of keys provided per room?

Sue

We have only gotten the one key per stateroom.

Laura

Royal Caribbean has always treated us so well...that we hurried to reach diamond and next year we will have diamond plus if they don't change the rules on this!!

We were upgraded on our 2nd RCL cruise to the 10th floor...which we forever booked after that.

We have never had to fight or wait long for a table for 2 in the dining room.

We have been together with just three other couples on a transatlantic cruise when we were only platinum members...to dine with the Captain and tour the bridge... no one else was invited the entire time of the Voyager of the Seas cruise...

Because they have treated us so well, we kept loyal.

In April, they remembered my NAME on the Majesty. And what dress I wore one night ! (and it wasn't that great)

Royal Caribbean has been so much more to us than other cruise lines...we are so grateful and just hope it always stays this good!!!

We only got one key as well. Since it was only my husband and myself, one key was just fine.

Not all crew treat you differently if you are Diamond, but our waiter, who was very good and attentive to everyone at our table just seemed to give me a little extra attention. He would ask me repeatedly if everything was OK-way more so than my other tablemates. I hadn't complained about anything, so it wasn't because I was being hard to please. Anyway, that was just my experience.

I guess all of us Diamonds just sparkle. :D

In regards to the number of keys to the Concierge Lounge, do you suppose a person could just request a second key from the Concierge once you have boarded? Or should you ask at Guest Relations? Or is this just not done?

My sister and I are just not "joined at the hip" so to speak. We are on different schedules and I can see us wanting to access the CL at different times and it could be problematic as to who is carrying the key. I don't mean to belabor this but I know this could become a problem on our cruise.

Sue

Will be sailing on the Monarch in Nov 08 for our first cruise as Diamond. I know that there is no lounge on the Monarch but is there anywhere designated for Diamond cruisers to get a cocktail on the ship. I read that an area is roped off in the Viking Crown lounge for this purpose. Is that a fact or fiction ? I also read that you will get some goodies in you stateroom. Can any of you experienced Diamonds please shed some light on this...

I remember reading somewhere around here that the Vision was supposed to have a CL by the end of October.

Anybody hear anything further?

Re: Being treated differently - I think the answer is "sometimes". Not in an over-the-top way, but I think the crew appreciates that you already know a lot of things and how it all works.

Will be sailing on the Monarch in Nov 08 for our first cruise as Diamond. I know that there is no lounge on the Monarch but is there anywhere designated for Diamond cruisers to get a cocktail on the ship. I read that an area is roped off in the Viking Crown lounge for this purpose. Is that a fact or fiction ? I also read that you will get some goodies in you stateroom. Can any of you experienced Diamonds please shed some light on this...

Fiction! They rope off a section to have the C&A Party one afternoon... that is all.

Archived