Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

• 1 month later...
We just had C753 on the Caribbean. The balcony was amazing! We loved the full range view, and the aft balcony was quite a bit deeper and wider. 4 people on this balcony fit quite well with room to spare for sure. We did peak around the corner to see the balcony next door and it was quite a bit longer but it was also a suite cabin. This would be a great set up for families to be side by side with the adjoining balconies.

Thrilled to know we've made a good choice, thanks!

Does anyone have a photo of the balcony on Carribean Princess C-750

Are there 2 metal beams on the balcony??

Thanks for the info

Nancy:D:D:D

This is a photo of the aft balconies on the Caribbean Princess from post 25. The balcony for C750 should be the mirror image of PS C51 below and there does appear to be two beams :(

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

Does anyone have a photo of the balcony on Carribean Princess C-750

Are there 2 metal beams on the balcony??

Thanks for the info

Nancy:D:D:D

This is C751 - opposite side of 58d52189bc9f5a249f051ed213e99fab.jpgship:

d62a3a5016744ab3d9a85401d701778a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in C751 on our British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in 2012. The photos above indicate the beam...and it was not a problem at all! Just my husband and I and there was way more than enough room on the balcony for us.

We actually had a larger table and four chairs and 2 loungers....one of the loungers was up against the far balcony divider there in the picture, with the other lounger on this side of the beam (so the beam was between the two loungers). The table and chairs located where the lounger is and then some. So when you step out on the balcony, from the suite area...table/chairs on the right side of balcony, loungers and beam on the left side.

Hope this helps! We have Aft C750 on the Caribbean princess in September 2015 for a TA...we switched to C750 when it became available and gave up C748. Not a bother for us and some $$$ savings too because from suite level 4 to 6 (I think that is what the suite levels are!.

Melissa

Edited by JeffandMelissa

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

I just joined this forum after reading your posts for weeks. I'm booked on my 2nd cruise to Alaska in July 2015 on the Golden 10 days out of SF. It's a milestone birthday for me and I'll be traveling with my 11 year old son. We have cruised once before, in 2008, on the Golden on a 10-day Alaskan cruisetour. We had a midship minisuite for that trip and loved it.

I decided to splurge this time, and selected an aft suite, although I did choose the obstructed view vista suite with beam. Now I wonder if I'll be unhappy with that choice? I have champagne taste on a beer budget. I notice that cruiserjanet posted some pics of that suite from her Hawaiian cruise a few years ago and it seems like a very small balcony.

My question to you esteemed aft cruisers is this - considering we'll be in Alaska, and I do plan to spend time on the balcony, will the size ultimately matter? Also, are there two beams or one?

Next option in pricing is penthouse suite midship, how does that compare?

I really appreciate your input.

thanks.

To us, just having a balcony is the important thing, a larger balcony is simply a bonus. I would prefer a small aft balcony over a larger one mid-ship.

That being said, this is the balcony on our next cruise aboard the Louis Cristal. Not an aft, but a forward balcony- a first for us. :)

cristal-suite-si-balcony.jpg

We were in C751 on our British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess in 2012. The photos above indicate the beam...and it was not a problem at all! Just my husband and I and there was way more than enough room on the balcony for us.

We actually had a larger table and four chairs and 2 loungers....one of the loungers was up against the far balcony divider there in the picture, with the other lounger on this side of the beam (so the beam was between the two loungers). The table and chairs located where the lounger is and then some. So when you step out on the balcony, from the suite area...table/chairs on the right side of balcony, loungers and beam on the left side.

Hope this helps! We have Aft C750 on the Caribbean princess in September 2015 for a TA...we switched to C750 when it became available and gave up C748. Not a bother for us and some $$$ savings too because from suite level 4 to 6 (I think that is what the suite levels are!.

Melissa

We just got off the CB cabin C753 corner aft and it has no beam. I don't know how to post the pictures from my iPad.

Cheryl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
My husband and I are booked for a 14 day Med cruise in this cabin. I have read older posts (but no recent ones) about the "vent problem". Has anyone had this cabin and was it an issue for you?

I wonder if Princess has addressed the issue.:confused:

Linda

Hoping this will pop up on your computer.

We've booked this cabin for a 28 day cruise because C752 and C753 were already taken.

How was it?

How big (approximately) was the balcony? (The Caribe decks balconies are about 9 x 9 )

Thanks!

I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

I cannot get any of the photos to open

Any suggestions

Ok, after reading varying reviews I wanted to note my experience in R750 Ruby Princess aft.

Quiet

No water problems

Never smelled smoke

No "peepers"

No people tossing trash over.

It was cler when we boarded they had been scraping paint off metal above our balcony and they eat all the steel scrapings on the deck. But no biggie.

I did however begin to smell a fight odor of urine after day 3 for the rest of the cruise in the bathroom only.

Otherwise would recommend.

Ok, after reading varying reviews I wanted to note my experience in R750 Ruby Princess aft.

Quiet

No water problems

Never smelled smoke

No "peepers"

No people tossing trash over.

It was cler when we boarded they had been scraping paint off metal above our balcony and they eat all the steel scrapings on the deck. But no biggie.

I did however begin to smell a fight odor of urine after day 3 for the rest of the cruise in the bathroom only.

Otherwise would recommend.

If the bathroom odor happens again, tell you cabin steward and request a new shower curtain. For some reason the shower curtains can get stinky. And the steward should be able to clean the floor and toilet bowl.

Does anyone know how the balcony size on B754 compares to C752 or C753?

(When I look at the deckplans C753 and 752 look small and I know from experience that they are about 9 x 9 so the deck plans aren't any help.)

Not sure about B754 but on the Ruby C753 is an aft corner cabin and the balcony is a wrap around so you get a much better view.and the wake is amazing.

Does anyone know how the balcony size on B754 compares to C752 or C753?

(When I look at the deckplans C753 and 752 look small and I know from experience that they are about 9 x 9 so the deck plans aren't any help.)

Not sure about B754 but on the Ruby C753 is an aft corner cabin and the balcony is a wrap around so you get a much better view.and the wake is amazing.

We've stayed in C753 and 752 and I know what a wonderful balcony that is.

It wasn't available for an upcoming cruise but B754 was and so I wondered how the size of the balcony would compare.

(I know I won't have that wonderful corner :( )

in 2009 we were in D736 on the Ruby Princess - here are a few pictures of the balcony area I took at the time - IMO it is the best cabin we have stayed in on any of our cruises.

The "dreaded beam" in no way intruded on our space.

We heard no noise from any vents.

We incurred no smell from such vents.

In short the balcony in this room was supurb

100_1242.jpg.75b4c91bf84faf19b9e0f2aa0c2188a8.jpg

The dreaded beam

100_1243.jpg.af89a34435ae05412f7de6d04e72f5e4.jpg

Another view of the dreaded beam

100_1244.jpg.a925ecf84e6577c1aef8d6f59549e7d1.jpg