Mystery Dinner Theatre

Has anyone done the Mystery Dinner Theatre on the Mariner of the seas?

We are thinking of booking for the 23rd December but would like other peoples opinons on if its any good and 2 is it worth the money.

Let us know

Thanks

Gary

We attended a Mystery Dinner Theater on the Radiance two years ago, and were extremely disappointed. The show is very amateurish, and was put on by the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers who are not trained actors. If you have ever attended a good mystery dinner theater, you will find that this one is very far removed from a professional performance, and is more like a cheesy high school play. You will dine in Portofino, and select from a very limited menu. Normally, the cost to dine in Portofino is $20.00 per person. For the dinner theater, it is $49.95 per person with the limited menu.

Even with a few drinks and wine, it certainly was not worth almost $100.00 per couple for the evening. :eek:

By the way, we won two bottles of wine for corectly identifying the murderer.;)

Me too, I saw that it was $40.00 to $50.00 and a limited menu at Portofino and didn't think that it was worth it even though it includes wine.

Can anyone that has been to it change my mind?

You can do the math.... $40.00 per couple (full Portofino menu without the amateur performance) vs. $100.00 per couple (limited Portofino menu, plus an amateur performance, plus a few drinks and wine).

We are not big drinkers, and there is no way that we could consume $60.00 worth of liquor and wine in 2 hours.

I loved it! Yes, it was very amateurish. The menu is limited and the wine was not the best, but it was fun. If I am looking for great food there are many places to get that near home. If I want great food on a ship, I would change lines.

My husband and I enjoyed it. We were at a table with lots of fun people and just had an enjoyable evening all around. Yeah, the acting is a little "cheesey" but that is what made it funny. We were laughing all night. You start in a lounge with champagne and finger foods and then the show starts. You have the show and then all go to the restaurant where the show continues and you have dinner. Wine is included with the meal. Yes, it is expensive but we thought it was worth it and fun.

to be corny!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe those unhappy folks were probably the only guests sitting there bored.

It is intended to be corny, it is intended to be lighthearted.

It was fun!

The quality of the food and wines were WELL WORTH the investment.

The skits only added to a truly enjoyable evening.

to be corny!!!!!!!!!!!

I do believe those unhappy folks were probably the only guests sitting there bored.

It is intended to be corny, it is intended to be lighthearted.

It was fun!

The quality of the food and wines were WELL WORTH the investment.

The skits only added to a truly enjoyable evening.

I did not say that we were bored, I said that we were disappointed. We really should have booked Portofino on a non-Mystery Dinner Theater night, since we were very much looking forward to the full Portofino dinner menu which we enjoy on most of our cruises.

Archived