Previous cruise number

EmsMom

We cruised to Alaska on the Celebrity Mercury in 2000. I can't find the records and Celebrity says they have no record of our previous cruise when they look us up in their system. Now we would like to take another Celebrity cruise and think it would be advantageous to show that we are repeat Celebrity cruisers. Any ideas as to how to find our records with Celebrity?

We cruised to Alaska on the Celebrity Mercury in 2000. I can't find the records and Celebrity says they have no record of our previous cruise when they look us up in their system. Now we would like to take another Celebrity cruise and think it would be advantageous to show that we are repeat Celebrity cruisers. Any ideas as to how to find our records with Celebrity?

If you didn't join the Captain's Club at the time there really is no advantage to being a one time repeat cruiser.

I had a similar experience when booking my second Celebrity cruise. The had no record. After I told them the ship (Zenith),year and the ports they issued SO & me a past guest numbers. This was a few years ago though.

More recently I wanted to take my sister on a cruise and needed a past guest number for her. She had been on the original Zenith cruise. Of course they had no record for her and said we needed proof in the form of receipt, print out of shipboard account or shipboard picture, etc.

I called back using the Captain's Club number. I told them that I had a picure of my sister & me from the Zenith (not) and asked them how in the world they would know if the persons in the picture were my sister & me. She mailed a "Welcome to the Captain's Club" brochure and past guest number to my sister that day.

I would suggest talking to someone at the Captain's Club number. Be polite, but firm.

You are entitled to the benefits and to have that cruise count toward your total.

The reason I was so insistant was that I didn't want to take my sis & receive amenities that she didn't (even though they're not much).

If you didn't join the Captain's Club at the time there really is no advantage to being a one time repeat cruiser.

I don't understand what you mean. Our second cruise counted as our second cruise. Our card was gold. The waiters and bartenders all said, "Welcome back.". We were invited to the past guest party.

Had the same problem with Princess last year. Gather up your thoughts and have as many DETAILS as you can muster when calling cs. They will fix it if you are persistent. And be very persistent if need be..........you've earned it.

I don't understand what you mean. Our second cruise counted as our second cruise. Our card was gold. The waiters and bartenders all said, "Welcome back.". We were invited to the past guest party.

You must have joined the Captain's Club. You then have a Captain's Club number and that's how they track your cruises. They don't have a past guest party except for the Captain's Club party. The gold card only signifies that you are booked in a Concierge Cabin.

They might have your name misspelled. My MIL is Jo-ann and they had her as Joann and could not find it. They found my kid's by our address to assign Captains Club number once she reached 18, so maybe check that.

And as many here will agree, if one rep says no, call until you find one who can find it.

Good luck.

You must have joined the Captain's Club. You then have a Captain's Club number and that's how they track your cruises. They don't have a past guest party except for the Captain's Club party. The gold card only signifies that you are booked in a Concierge Cabin.

Ma:

It appears she is talking about a fairly old cruise. I still have my gold CC club cards from two or three reincarnations ago of the club...You probably had them at one time..

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I can't find the old credit card statements (8 years ago) but I have pictures---I think I'll go that route and keep calling until I find someone that will help me.....Thanks again!!!

I remember when I first joing the Captain Club I had to pay a fee. Perhaps when you cruised the first time, you still needed to buy the membership. Does anyone remember when it became free (By free, I mean that you did not have to pay a special fee to join)?

My dad had this same problem. He called up Celebrity and they asked him to send in pictures of the cruise, or a room key, or something showing that he was physically on the cruise ship. I'm not sure exactly what he used in the end, but they CAN sign you up for captain's club even if your name isn't in the system.

Archived