This is from Princess

Bar Packages

Beverage Package – Wine & Bar * - $45.00 pp, per day

Wine Beverage Package – Lunch & Dinner * - $25.00 pp, per day

Wine Beverage Package – Dinner Only * - $20.00 pp, per day

Bar Beverage Package – Bar Only * - $30.00 pp, per day

Soft Drink Package (minimum 5 day cruise) * ** - $3.95pp, per day

**15% gratuity will be added

*Minimum of 30 passengers, purchase for entire group, not available for individual passengers. Minimum 5 day cruise

I am a newbie. I went on a Costa cruise and we bought a drink package for unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I can't seem to find any other cruiselines that do this? Please help!

I believe the package you are referring to on Costa is the X-1 package. It is good for house wine, draft beer and soda during meal periods (lunch/dinner) only in meal spots only (buffet or dining room, not at the bars). There are limitations on when & where and there is no "hard" liquor invovled.

It is still, however, a fabulous value IMO. I've used it twice on Costa -- once with horrible luck (bad service, lots of eye rolling from servers and bartenders because theyare not getting a tip off of you) and the other with great success. But I just wanted to clarify and this is not a booze from sun-up to sun-down situation which would cost a lot more and, inevitably, bring more issues to a cruiseline that did. Another poster is correct, however, that other lines including Carnival do offer such a package, but it is for large groups and everyone must partake and it runs approx $300/pax/week.

Friends of Bill W meetings everyday on every ship. Free

These are a great way to meet people, but please arrive sober.

http://www.icutitout.com

That being said, my 79 year old father wants to know if he can bring a 6 pack of beer onboard a Princess Cruise in Alaska next week. I think he is NUTS and should just buy the darn beer. Anyway is this allowed? I saw that you can buy beer for passengers as a gift and his 3 kids might just do this for him (along with soem canapaes, chamogane and a ohoto package for mom AND Dad).

Archived