Port Canaveral Procedures

cruisehappy27

I first want to say thank goodness we don't leave until January (there is so much to learn!) I have been reading posts about porters etc and now I am a little confused. Can someone explain the sequence of events we will go through when we arrive at the port until we are finally on board. We will be dropping our rental car off at the port and taking the shuttle to the docks. Then what? when do we get rid of our bags? show our documents??? etc. Thanks for the help!

The shuttle will go through the gates to the parking areas and pull off by the porters, who will be grabbing your bags for checking. Keep a tight grip on your carryons...Tip the porters, proceed to the terminal building (which will be a shirt walk). Depending on when you arrive you may be waiting in a line to get into the building. Have your docs handy so the TSA people can see you are a passenger and let you into the building. Once inside, you will go to the checkin area. Depending on how early you arrive, you may have to wait again. I am only familiar with Carnival, but Platinum lever cruisers will have priority boarding, and wedding parties also. EM

The actual "check-in" is just like checking into a hotel. Cruising shouldn't be confusing, or difficult...it's a vacation!

You will show your ID, give them a credit card (or some form of payment), they will give you your keys, and that's it!

Now, go find your cabin, and get a drink!

Thanks Essiesmom...that helps alot. I just didn't know who or where the porters were. I didn't want to hand off my bags to some unknown who just sees a first time cruiser coming.:rolleyes: I thought it would be more like airport check in where you hand your bags through the counter and then proceed. thank you again it is all more cler now.

Cruisehappy27,

PC is one of the easiest ports to get around in.... they basically lead you through the entire procedure....lots of people around to help you and answer questions. With security the way it is any more, do not be afraid of someone running off with your bags. It is a secure place in that respect.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cruisehappy27,

PC is one of the easiest ports to get around in.... they basically lead you through the entire procedure....lots of people around to help you and answer questions. With security the way it is any more, do not be afraid of someone running off with your bags. It is a secure place in that respect.

Enjoy your cruise!

I agree. Of all the ports out there Port Canaveral remains my favorite because of the ease factor.!!

Archived