WHAT??? DELTA having fun with us??

Scooter-n-GB

DW and I are flying back from FLL to PWM on 10/27/08, and we are connecting in ATL. Problem is, Delta currently has us scheduled to fly out of FLL at 11:10 A.M. and apparently they think we are somehow going to fly through a space time continuum, and be able to make the connecting flight from ATL to PWM, which by the way, is scheduled to depart at 9:35 A.M (1.5 hour before we will have even departed FLL)!!!

Are they kidding, or should I just expect that they will make about 100 more changes to the schedule and this will all be taken care of?

Seems, oh I don't know, A BIT ODD.. Maybe???

Please call Delta and when India answers asked to be connected to the reissue desk. They will handle this and get your seats assigned. I do not recommend delaying this.

We are Delta frequent flyers and when this happens they have been most gracious about readjusting your schedule. Even though you may have another change you should handle this post haste.

One note, before you call, please look on Delta's website and find out what flights WILL work for you. Then when you call to get your flights reissues tell them which flights you want to be on, rather than what they will offer you. Due to their schedule change, there should be no charges to change flights.

Oh, and don't wait to call and get this fixed. The longer you wait, the less options you'll have for new flights.

what??? you've never heard of time travel???? you really think you would, uh, not make that connection?????:rolleyes: :D

aren't airlines entertaining???/ wonder if they will start charging us an entertainment fee to be amused by their silliness??!!!:confused: ;)

Scooter.....I live in NH and am flying out of FLL on Delta on 1/18/09, into PWM, also. As soon as I read your post, I pulled up my ressie to see if it had changed and sure enough, I have a 10:00a.m. out of FLL and my connecting flight out of ATL is at 9:35-wow-I'm calling as soon as I look at my other choices. Ii wonder how many more changes we'll have to make before this trip-this will be #3.............Good luck to you.

Scooter.....I live in NH and am flying out of FLL on Delta on 1/18/09, into PWM, also. As soon as I read your post, I pulled up my ressie to see if it had changed and sure enough, I have a 10:00a.m. out of FLL and my connecting flight out of ATL is at 9:35-wow-I'm calling as soon as I look at my other choices. Ii wonder how many more changes we'll have to make before this trip-this will be #3.............Good luck to you.

Well, so far I have 7 itinerary changes, that I know about, and this is only since booking on 4/21/08. Yes indeed, best of luck to all of us!

I called and got a re-issue on the return flight that connects through JFK instead. Tight turnaround there also, but should be no problems.

Huh! Must be a conspiracy agains NH people:D I booked my brother to Puerto Valarta-no problem! Coming BACK- I was trying to get him to Manchester before it closed at midnight- I had GREAT connections- on Delta through Travelocity. THEN Delta changed it- had them going from PV to Atlanta- ARRIVING at 7pm and LEAVING at 1:15PM that day:( HUH? I called and THEY seemed confused- but finally saw the problem! THEN they made a change- had them flying into HOUSTON with a FORTY minute turn around for customs/immigrations etc. NOPE- I emailed Delta-they said NOPE not a LEGAL turn around- but since the NH to MExico was booked through USAIRWAYS THEY would have to change it HUH?? Long story shorter. There were no optons to arrive in NH same day and Delta would not let them go out NEXT day from Houston- ENCOURAGED us to WAIT and MAYBE other Flights would be added LATER! HA!!!!!!! SOOO wound up getting a refund and rebooking elsewhere. They seem QUITE confused:D

Well, I called and changed my flight to a 6a.m. flight because I wanted to change over in ATL and the only other choice wouldn't get us back until 11pm and we have an hours ride home, after getting luggage and in January the weather could play against us so this way it will still be daylight, at least. They did say that there would probably be more itinerary changes before we go and they would have e-mailed me eventually, but I'm glad to know to get choice of flights and seats and I'll keep close watch on it from now on. It's definately going to be an adventure-did book a day early and a day post cruise, for this reason.

Hi, that is Delta's middle name:rolleyes: "Change Without Notifitcation":eek:

They did that to me as well and now it has been stable for about

a month, although I am not holding my breath.

I leave in September so I still keep checking my flight.

Glad you were able to book what you need:)

I booked I flight with delta out of an airport that 12 hours later they discontinued flights from. Got a great price. However, they still have not contacted me to change flights to another airport.

I booked I flight with delta out of an airport that 12 hours later they discontinued flights from. Got a great price. However, they still have not contacted me to change flights to another airport.

Don't wait for them to call you. Call them first.

Usually what happens with cancellations is they start with the closest flights first and then go down the line. Depending on when your flight is, it could be weeks or months before they contact you.

Archived