***7/13 Mariner Review***

Thank you so much for posting live. I loved my virtual cruise. After my 3 day in Aug, no more cruises for a little while due to starting a family, but I look forward to your live report next July!!!! Thank you for letting me "cruise" with you!!!!

Good Luck to you!!

I saw in your thread that you are in Charlotte as well (my partner and I are in Cornelius up on the lake) so it is pretty much the same exact trip I'm taking after Thanksgiving (drive and all).

Thank you very much for detailed posts live from the ship and for this short review and pictures. IJenn and I are so looking forward to our cruise on November 30 of this year.

I know in your LIVE post that you had mentioned that you had asked the Conscierge to email you the menus. Did he get a chance to do that? The only reason I ask is based on your Live posts and the pictures from your Portofino and Chops dinners, we are definitely going to book them for at least one night on our cruise and want to pick the weakest nights in the dining room. Jenn and I are far from food snobs, but we do enjoy good italian and a good steak/seafood.

Again, thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to fill us in. It was really appreciated. Who knows, maybe you'll see us floating around Charlotte.

Do you normally "float" through Charlotte??:D

dz - Thank you so much! What an awesome job with both threads. I can't believe that you found the time while cruising to enjoy all you did, participate in all of the activities and post all about it. Glad you did and I "clink" my glass in a toast to you. I LOVE Cruising Too!!! Really looking forward to October. :D

BTW, DH and I are doing the WW thing too - since March and having great success. I applaud you with your strength to "mostly" stick to plan while sailing. I think/hope that I will automatically make smarter food decisions on this next cruise however I don't anticipate saying "no" to anything if I really want it. I'm weak for desserts. So, here is where I say thanks for the pics from Portifino and Chops. ;)

Hi Denise,

Thanks for sharing all your pictures. How did you have time to do all you did? I kept saying we need to get a picture of this or that on the ship but did not take many pictures. I have alot of pictures from the ports. On the ship, I was up at 6:00 every morning and excersing by 6:30 and we stayed up every night until 1:00 but never got around to doing all we wanted to do. Maybe that comes with cruising practice. :D We did take a couple of brief afternoon naps on our balcony. I loved the balcony and the aft cabin. I was rocked to sleep every night. (By the ship ;) )

It was nice that Jesse, Josh and Chantele were able to hang out. There were not many kids their age on the ship. It was nice to meet you although we only saw each other a couple of times. What a busy vacation.

We're going out West next year so we probably won't be cruising again for a couple of years but it was IRIE MON!

Have fun on the Freedom in July! I'll be thinking of you.

dz - Thank you so much! What an awesome job with both threads. I can't believe that you found the time while cruising to enjoy all you did, participate in all of the activities and post all about it. Glad you did and I "clink" my glass in a toast to you. I LOVE Cruising Too!!! Really looking forward to October. :D

BTW, DH and I are doing the WW thing too - since March and having great success. I applaud you with your strength to "mostly" stick to plan while sailing. I think/hope that I will automatically make smarter food decisions on this next cruise however I don't anticipate saying "no" to anything if I really want it. I'm weak for desserts. So, here is where I say thanks for the pics from Portifino and Chops. ;)

Well thank you so much for all the wonderfully kind words!!! It is a lot of work to find the time to post and download pictures to get on here, but I know how important it is to people to hear and see what is in store for them on an upcoming cruise, or remember what their recent cruise was like. I know that I was a real cruise hick, and made soooooooooo many mistakes before I found Cruise Critic. I feel I need to always give back, what it has given to me. When I am on the Roll Call threads before my cruises, I take full advantage of the chance to post and read posts and get more charged than I already am.

Re: WW....Even with a few minor cheats, I never went over my points. I ate many veggies and a lot of fruit, and probably some more blander chicken than I could have made myself at home, but that was ok too. I did it. I didn't gain a pound, and I didn't suffer on the ship. I had lost 13 pounds before I boarded her, and a whole size, and had no intentions of bringing the pounds back on. I want to lose another 10 or so. I did bring some snacks from home to help me through weak patches...pretzels, my chocolate fix..a 2 point Cliff KIDS brownie bar, jelly beans...but never had to use them! I was too busy to think about food most of the time and I know I worked off what I ate.

Have a ball on the cruise and much success with WW!! (and thanks again for the words)

Well thank you so much for all the wonderfully kind words!!! It is a lot of work to find the time to post and download pictures to get on here, but I know how important it is to people to hear and see what is in store for them on an upcoming cruise, or remember what their recent cruise was like. I know that I was a real cruise hick, and made soooooooooo many mistakes before I found Cruise Critic. I feel I need to always give back, what it has given to me. When I am on the Roll Call threads before my cruises, I take full advantage of the chance to post and read posts and get more charged than I already am.

Re: WW....Even with a few minor cheats, I never went over my points. I ate many veggies and a lot of fruit, and probably some more blander chicken than I could have made myself at home, but that was ok too. I did it. I didn't gain a pound, and I didn't suffer on the ship. I had lost 13 pounds before I boarded her, and a whole size, and had no intentions of bringing the pounds back on. I want to lose another 10 or so. I did bring some snacks from home to help me through weak patches...pretzels, my chocolate fix..a 2 point Cliff KIDS brownie bar, jelly beans...but never had to use them! I was too busy to think about food most of the time and I know I worked off what I ate.

Have a ball on the cruise and much success with WW!! (and thanks again for the words)

WHAT KIND OFF CAMERA IS THAT I LOVE THE PHOTOS

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Denice

welcome home... glad you had a great time, and we were honoured to meet you and your family

we just got home from the B2B and had a great time...... so far I have uploaded all the compass's western and eastern, but that's as far as I've got... after travelling for 26 hours I am still not in my "zone" yet ! ! !

anyway glad you had a blast,,,,,, we are also looking at freedom 12th july,

you never know.maybe another goody bag LOL

speak soon

wendy

xx

I love all of your pictures. I was on the week before you. I think you are making me ship sick, lol. I want to go back, NOWW!!! :eek: My stomach is turning from wanting to go back on it, haha. I've been on Mariner twice now. July 2004 and July 2008. (I did notice some wear and tear on the chairs a bit from it being a little older.) I loved it both times. :D My only complaint is that it went by TOO FAST!!

Yum! Where does this menu come from? Is this in the dining room or alternative eatery? I don't know how you didn't gain any weight. I think I just added a pound or two READING it! :D

That menu is from the dining room. I can't remember which night though.

Archived