***7/13 Mariner Review***

Hey, great to meet you guys this past week, I enjoyed the review. I'm back at work today and swamped but promise I will chime in at some point with our thoughts. I will say we did the Chops thing, had the same waiter and loved it. He was so cool.

Anyway, more on all that later. Gotta catch up!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your daily posts. We board the Mariner on Aug 3rd, 12 of us (3 families). First cruise for one family and second for my family and the other.

Cruised on Carnival Conquest last year, this ship looks so pretty. I can't wait!!!

Thanks again!!

Come on over to the Roll Call Board and meet the rest of us Aug. 3rd Mariner cruisers. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=628541

Hey, great pictures!

Just wondering if Justin, Ting Ting, Katie, Simeon, and the rest of the gang are still onboard?

Justin's girlfriend had twin girls, so he came off the ship yesterday along with Drew. Simeon, the clown/piano player is still there, and Katie the Bingo girl is too.

Hey, great to meet you guys this past week, I enjoyed the review. I'm back at work today and swamped but promise I will chime in at some point with our thoughts. I will say we did the Chops thing, had the same waiter and loved it. He was so cool.

Anyway, more on all that later. Gotta catch up!

It was great to meet you guys too!!!!!! Yes, he was the NICEST guy!!!

We had JS 9614 on our last mariner cruise. Great location. I hope the walls didn't talk! LOL

OMG!! You mean what the walls were telling me, was about YOU GUYS????!!! Shame!!;)

Thanks for the beautiful pic's. We'll be on the Mariner in October and can't wait.

Gail

You are welcome. I don't blame you...you really have something wonderful to look forward to!!

wow, "a huge Live from" thread now also a review AND photos. We are all being totally spoiled here.

Just loved it even if i am going to be a fraction late to work today and first day back after school holidays .

thank you so much

wow, "a huge Live from" thread now also a review AND photos. We are all being totally spoiled here.

Just loved it even if i am going to be a fraction late to work today and first day back after school holidays .

thank you so much

I had a ball sharing it all with everyone!!

We ate at both chops and portofino, and don't remember this dessert on the menu, we got the sampler and the extra flourless fudge cake that was also served inthe dining room, we thought our filet migon was better at portifino than at chops, but if you want a baked potato, at chops you can feed 4 people with 1 tator, huge, wasn't thrilled with the family style sides at chops. I agree with you about flavor, nothing at any spices for seasoning, you only had the option of salt and pepper, I know that a good steak doesn't need seasoning, but nothing, I really could have gone for some steak sauce, did get the bernese sauce.

You rank right up there with RADIO, your live report was just awsome. I only hope to be as good someday. Maybe I will try from the Solstice in Jan09 or maybe the Oasis in Jan 2010.

I am BLUSHING. Thank you so much for saying that!! Go for the LIVE...it is so much fun to do. I will do it again from the Freedom in July 2009.

I saw in your thread that you are in Charlotte as well (my partner and I are in Cornelius up on the lake) so it is pretty much the same exact trip I'm taking after Thanksgiving (drive and all).

Thank you very much for detailed posts live from the ship and for this short review and pictures. IJenn and I are so looking forward to our cruise on November 30 of this year.

I know in your LIVE post that you had mentioned that you had asked the Conscierge to email you the menus. Did he get a chance to do that? The only reason I ask is based on your Live posts and the pictures from your Portofino and Chops dinners, we are definitely going to book them for at least one night on our cruise and want to pick the weakest nights in the dining room. Jenn and I are far from food snobs, but we do enjoy good italian and a good steak/seafood.

Again, thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to fill us in. It was really appreciated. Who knows, maybe you'll see us floating around Charlotte.

I saw in your thread that you are in Charlotte as well (my partner and I are in Cornelius up on the lake) so it is pretty much the same exact trip I'm taking after Thanksgiving (drive and all).

Thank you very much for detailed posts live from the ship and for this short review and pictures. IJenn and I are so looking forward to our cruise on November 30 of this year.

I know in your LIVE post that you had mentioned that you had asked the Conscierge to email you the menus. Did he get a chance to do that? The only reason I ask is based on your Live posts and the pictures from your Portofino and Chops dinners, we are definitely going to book them for at least one night on our cruise and want to pick the weakest nights in the dining room. Jenn and I are far from food snobs, but we do enjoy good italian and a good steak/seafood.

Again, thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to fill us in. It was really appreciated. Who knows, maybe you'll see us floating around Charlotte.

Good luck with the drive!!

The concierge on the Mariner was not as "helpful" as those on the past. Though I asked for them TWICE, they were not sent to me.

I think the "weakest" nights are a personal choice. Just book them, and if you see that morning that the menu is not what you want, you just change the reservation. We switched twice and had no problem. Good luck!!

Archived