We're booked ...

DisneyJen

Just off the phone with SD after booking our 25th wedding anniversary cruise March 6 on SD2:D

We'll be joining Frequent Traveler and zqvol, who will be celebrating their 25th as well as a special birthday, on SD2!

Hope that some of other CC friends will be able to join us.

Good Job! Looks like a great itinerary. Watch out for FT though, she attracts kids. No wonder she likes her champagne so much. All the best.

Jim.

That FT can be dangerous for sure:p

DH and I are really looking forward to a longer 9-day cruise ... it will be our longest to date!

DJ,

I thought that the Nov. '08 Crossing on SD2 is 11 nights. Am I missing something?

Hey ctb...this is DJ's DH...UH, YEAH...ME???

Now this is DJ ... besides missing Dh on this cruise the only way that I can get to Tenerife on FF miles is a four-legged, two-day trip with a night in Madrid ... and of course an expenditure of 110K miles on SAS for a one-way ticket (don't ask!!).

Actually the crossing isn't completely off the table although it is sitting at the little kid's table ... It's the air that is killing me.

It is about time!

Yeah!!!!!!

I emailed FT but I guess she is off chasing a certain cowboy who sings about the Caribbean:p

Lots of interesting developments here ... but at least I finally got the complete and total go-for-it green light from DH:eek::p:eek:

So how much does FT owe you on this bet zqvol???

"I emailed FT but I guess she is off chasing a certain cowboy who sings about the Caribbean"

Nope,not chasing the cowboy (I do so like "chasing" better than stalking) until you and I and your DH head to Charlotte next month.

Sorry about the delay in e-mail but some of us have to work (to afford chasing singing cowboys and SD)

Can't wait until March . . . .technically the big birthday won't hit until the day after we get off SD, but close enough. This time, if there are any small children on board with parents who don't watch them someone else will have to keep them from falling overboard. . . :D

Just think - celebrating two 25th anniversaries! one big party (SD crew and provisioning . . . DJ and I really, really like champagne)

FT

"I emailed FT but I guess she is off chasing a certain cowboy who sings about the Caribbean"

Nope,not chasing the cowboy (I do so like "chasing" better than stalking) until you and I and your DH head to Charlotte next month.

Sorry about the delay in e-mail but some of us have to work (to afford chasing singing cowboys and SD)

Can't wait until March . . . .technically the big birthday won't hit until the day after we get off SD, but close enough. This time, if there are any small children on board with parents who don't watch them someone else will have to keep them from falling overboard. . . :D

Just think - celebrating two 25th anniversaries! one big party (SD crew and provisioning . . . DJ and I really, really like champagne)

FT

"When I'm not chasing demons, they're demons chasing me ..."

Check is in the mail so we can chase that cowboy together. Hotel is booked ... just have to book preferred parking:p

I told DH that he has to talk to a certain captain about renewing our vows (including new rings for us not you according to DH) either on board or on land in Anegada or Jost. I hope you and zqvol will serve as our witnesses:D And hopefully ctbjr and the mrs along with any other CCers will be there to celebrate the moment:p

I guess this serves as the official notice to the provision master ... lots of diet tonic, Mic Ultra, Red Stripe and of course champagne!!

Now I just have to get through Christmas at Disney among other things ...

Just off the phone with SD after booking our 25th wedding anniversary cruise March 6 on SD2:D

We'll be joining Frequent Traveler and zqvol, who will be celebrating their 25th as well as a special birthday, on SD2!

CONGRATULATIONS! On the anniversary(ies), birthday and bookings. Promises to be a grand celebration. I'm jealous. :) :p

Oooooh, wish we could join. :( I notice it's a GTY voyage. GTY was not our friend last time with a stateroom assignment to the worst stateroom on the yacht. :eek: Not too sure I'd book another GTY unless I could request accordingly.

Hope your countdown goes quick.

Have a wonderful time.

Be sure to tell the Captain about your special event. DW and I renewed our vows for our 30th anniversary last year, and the captain had a special private sunset event for us and our friends on the deck in front of the bridge. The area was roped off, and they had champagne, hors d'oeuvres, and a small cake, along with a guitar player.

Capt. J did a terrific job - it was very special and memorable.

"When I'm not chasing demons, they're demons chasing me ..."

I told DH that he has to talk to a certain captain about renewing our vows (including new rings for us not you according to DH) either on board or on land in Anegada or Jost. I hope you and zqvol will serve as our witnesses:D And hopefully ctbjr and the mrs along with any other CCers will be there to celebrate the moment:p

I guess this serves as the official notice to the provision master ... lots of diet tonic, Mic Ultra, Red Stripe and of course champagne!!

Now I just have to get through Christmas at Disney among other things ...

Of course we would be honored to be as your witnesses . . . since ZQ Vol and I were married in a Greek orthodox service ---- no vows for us to repeat -- all I can remember is walking around that #x@%! table 3 times with a train and candles and almost setting both of us on fire.

ZQ Vol and I would also like to host your reception . . . but you aren't going to take over, MS a/k/a control freak.:rolleyes:

Hope airfares come down so you can make the crossing . . . we've done GTY several times and got upgraded twice . . . so we'll keep fingers crossed for you.

back to work . . .

Frequent Traveler

Of course we would be honored to be as your witnesses . . . since ZQ Vol and I were married in a Greek orthodox service ---- no vows for us to repeat -- all I can remember is walking around that #x@%! table 3 times with a train and candles and almost setting both of us on fire.

ZQ Vol and I would also like to host your reception . . . but you aren't going to take over, MS a/k/a control freak.:rolleyes:

Hope airfares come down so you can make the crossing . . . we've done GTY several times and got upgraded twice . . . so we'll keep fingers crossed for you.

back to work . . .

Frequent Traveler

Moi ... a control freak??? Nah, you must have me confused with someone else in our family:D

We'll make you and zqvol walk around us three times just so you feel like you are part of the ceremony:p

Bon voyage to zqvol and your DS!

Have a wonderful time.

Be sure to tell the Captain about your special event. DW and I renewed our vows for our 30th anniversary last year, and the captain had a special private sunset event for us and our friends on the deck in front of the bridge. The area was roped off, and they had champagne, hors d'oeuvres, and a small cake, along with a guitar player.

Capt. J did a terrific job - it was very special and memorable.

Sounds lovely c-dreamer ... exactly what we are looking for in terms of marking this special anniversary!

OK...This is DJ's DH...I'm a virgin at this, so please be gentle...:)

After years of peer pressure (DJ, FT, ZQVOL, CTBJR, ...), I've caved in to "peer pressure" and joined this band of happy sailors. While "lurking" over DJ's shoulder for so long, I feel the need to step up to the plate.

I may regret this...:eek:

OK...This is DJ's DH...I'm a virgin at this' date=' so please be gentle...:)

After years of peer pressure (DJ, FT, ZQVOL, CTBJR, ...), I've caved in to "peer pressure" and joined this band of happy sailors. While "lurking" over DJ's shoulder for so long, I feel the need to step up to the plate.

I may regret this...:eek:[/quote']

Someone pick me up off the floor!! Mind you we are in the same room albeit opposite ends of the counter ...

Welcome aboard DJ's DH:D

About time, now you need to get the DD involved too! :p

About time, now you need to get the DD involved too! :p

No ... No ... No ...

This was the one last bastion of solitude and escapism that I had. DH has already crashed my party:p

DD is still trying to figure out how to be included on the ressie for our March trip.

GTY was not our friend last time with a stateroom assignment to the worst stateroom on the yacht. :eek: Not too sure I'd book another GTY unless I could request accordingly.

Cammien, what was the worst stateroom on the yacht, and why? Our previous two Seadream cruises have been guarantees, and we've been quite lucky. But right now I'm looking at a voyage that is not a guarantee, so I need to pick a stateroom. I really have been under the impression that it does not matter what cabin you have on Seadream, but obviously I'm wrong. Can you fill me in? Thanks.

GTY was not our friend last time with a stateroom assignment to the worst stateroom on the yacht. :eek: Not too sure I'd book another GTY unless I could request accordingly.

Cammien, what was the worst stateroom on the yacht, and why? Our previous two Seadream cruises have been guarantees, and we've been quite lucky. But right now I'm looking at a voyage that is not a guarantee, so I need to pick a stateroom. I really have been under the impression that it does not matter what cabin you have on Seadream, but obviously I'm wrong. Can you fill me in? Thanks.

Hi Zimmy,

Keep in mind I've only been onboard twice and this is just my opinion. Also, we spend very little time in our stateroom...there's too much pampering to experience to spend lots of time in the room! :)

The first time we were in the Med in #212 (TA requested the stateroom for us). Great location! We felt very little movement & the stateroom was quiet with little-to-no yacht-operation noise. Second time was a GTY in the Caribbean in #321, one of the two most forward staterooms on the yacht. Even in slight seas at night we felt like we were on a rollercoaster. We also heard lots of loud banging coming from the forward space in front of us around 5am every morning. I have no clue what it was and don't know if it was a normal noise or an anomoly that made an appearance just for us.:) Not too much of a problem for me as I'm an early bird. However, there were a few mornings where I wanted to sleep-in a bit after a late night or two (or should I say very early morning :eek: ) at the TOYB. Interestingly enough, our best night's sleep in the Caribbean was on the forward sunbed. Go figure. :)

I'll think long & hard before I book GTY again. I'm certain, however, I'll not stray from GTY because I like the discount it provides. Discounts make DH happy and produce a, "go ahead and book it" response from him. :D

Sorry, I can't say anything in 20 words or less. Anyway, next time I have to choose a stateroom, it'll be 212.

Thanks for your input, Cammien. We have never been on deck 2, but that is what I am going to be booking now. The only thing I had in mind was that I probably did not want one of the cabins which can be turned into a Commodore suite, as I suspect that the connecting walls on those might not be as soundproof as in other cabins. Regarding seasickness, DH suffered from that on our first Seadream cruise. I was not sure there would be a second. However, I don't think it was because of our cabin placement. It was just a rough sea, and many were ill. But DH has learned to take a pill before embarcation, and that seems to do the trick.

This is very impressive. Glad to have you on board with us, Mr. DJ and hope to see you on board SD again sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your input, Cammien. We have never been on deck 2, but that is what I am going to be booking now. The only thing I had in mind was that I probably did not want one of the cabins which can be turned into a Commodore suite, as I suspect that the connecting walls on those might not be as soundproof as in other cabins. Regarding seasickness, DH suffered from that on our first Seadream cruise. I was not sure there would be a second. However, I don't think it was because of our cabin placement. It was just a rough sea, and many were ill. But DH has learned to take a pill before embarcation, and that seems to do the trick.

You're very welcome, Zimmy.

I can't think of anything worse than experiencing seasickness whilst aboard SD (well, there probably are worse things, but we won't go there). It hit us hard in April. Lesson learned for the hopefully-upcoming do-over cruise in '09. Between the seasickness, awful stateroom location, being whacked in the head by a dinner tray in the Dining Salon, items stolen from my suitcase in the Barbados airport...I'd definitely say I'm in need of a do-over. Hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

I need to stay away from this board...;)

Archived