Is Nautica headed to Dry dock in winter 09?

Paulchili

The Oceania schedule is out till end of Nov 09. The last Nautica cruise shown is Oct 29,09 from Athens to Istanbul (ending on Nov 10th). There are no further cruises shown for Nautica, even though the calendar is out till end of Nov.

In 08 this cruise will be followed by Istanbul to Rome (12 days). If Nautica has the same itinerary it should be on the 09 Nov calendar.

1 Is the ship going to dry dock ?

2 Is it headed to Singapore straight from Istanbul, skipping the trip to Rome (long cruise - would not be completed in November, i.e. therefore not shown)?

Does anyone know? Oceania staff I spoke with is of no help - they do not know.

I am interested in their Singapore to Sydney cruise but cannot do it in Dec 08 - would like to do it in Dec 09.

I hope they will keep that itinerary.

Thanks

I don't know about dry docking. However, I think it will be wise for Oceania management to defer publishing cruise fares beyond 2009 for as long as practical. With the large newbuilds joining in 2010, more than doubling capacity, and the high probability of worsening economic situations, they may have to change policy and follow RSSC's lead in offering late discount sales or start with lower fares. Both are hard decisions!

Meow! - I remember hearing about the new ships ( I believe they are twice the size of the current ones) on our last cruise in November 07, but I don't remember when they are due to sail.

Do you know?

Thanks,

Paul

The Oceania schedule is out till end of Nov 09. The last Nautica cruise shown is Oct 29,09 from Athens to Istanbul (ending on Nov 10th). There are no further cruises shown for Nautica, even though the calendar is out till end of Nov.

In 08 this cruise will be followed by Istanbul to Rome (12 days). If Nautica has the same itinerary it should be on the 09 Nov calendar.

1 Is the ship going to dry dock ?

Thanks

She was in drydock in Nov 07 so following the 2 year plan she will probably go in Nov 09.

New itineraries should be out soon I think

... but I don't remember when they are due to sail...
If I remember correctly, one of them will start sailing in 2010 and the other 2011, the two will more than double Oceania's capacity. Realistically, the present economic down cycle can worsen until 2012, and recovery can be slow after that. (Only time can tell ... just look at the Japanese down cycle which has been on for more than a decade, the European currencies were weak from the late 90s to early this decade, so you can make your own guess ...)

If I remember correctly, one of them will start sailing in 2010 and the other 2011, the two will more than double Oceania's capacity. Realistically, the present economic down cycle can worsen until 2012, and recovery can be slow after that. (Only time can tell ... just look at the Japanese down cycle which has been on for more than a decade, the European currencies were weak from the late 90s to early this decade, so you can make your own guess ...)

Marina's Inaugural will be September of 2010. Introduction should start about October or November of this year.

Jancruz1

Thank you for your replies.

If she does go into dry dock, will one of the other ships sail Asia/Australia/NZ? It's a relatively new and popular route for them to abandon it.

With the new ship coming in Sept. 2010 they might wait with dry dock till then, I would think.

We'll see soon enough what the itineraries will be like.

Thank you for your replies.

If she does go into dry dock, will one of the other ships sail Asia/Australia/NZ? It's a relatively new and popular route for them to abandon it.

With the new ship coming in Sept. 2010 they might wait with dry dock till then, I would think.

We'll see soon enough what the itineraries will be like.

They seem to be in dry dock for less than 2 weeks so depending on when they go & what cruise are normal for that time frame it would miss 1 sailing

I doubt the Dec sailings would be affected

Maybe FDR will comment

They seem to be in dry dock for less than 2 weeks so depending on when they go & what cruise are normal for that time frame it would miss 1 sailing

Maybe FDR will comment

That would be good news. Where is the dry dock? Last posted cruise ends in Istanbul.

Maybe FDR will comment

That, indeed, seems to be the case.

Checking Regatta's schedule in 09, she will be in dry dock (at least no sailings posted) between March 23rd to April 4th - less than 2 weeks.

Archived