Do guys ever cruise as a single?

JulPau9

• 2 weeks later...

I must Say I cruised for the 1st time solo. Just got off the Carnival Valor. I went with the singles group and really didnt even hang out with them. I am already looking at another cruise in may or june. I paid the single supplement just so i could have a cabin to myself. So if anybody that is thinking about cruising single, but not sure about it, Just do it. You wont regret it.

After four cruises (with former spouse) . . . decided to try it solo September 2003. What a hoot . . . I had a ball! Doesn't matter if you are cruising as a couple, extended family, member of a group or solo . . . taking a cruise is the best vacation one could ever have. People on a cruise are so friendly, open and . . . just sort of make the solo cruiser feel so comfortable. I'm leaving in April on my sixth cruise (second alone) and I can't wait!

Hi..... I'm a 38 year old male going on a cruise solo in February (Vision of the Seas Feb 20-27) Was originally going with girlfriend but she bowed out as she decided to find another boyfriend just a couple of weeks ago... Oh well, I'm still going.... Anybody else on this cruise?

While I've never cruised alone before, I have always preferred traveling alone. The way I look at it, you are always doing exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it. No compromising! No need to feel guilty if you decide at the last moment you'd rather sleep in, than go ashore early. I've traveled all over the US and Europe by myself. No matter where I have been, people go out of their way to make a solo traveler feel welcome. I've been adopted by some of the most interesting groups, over the years. People I probably would have never met, had I traveled with a companion. And you're never alone, with a good book. They can actually be good conversation starters! I usually reread Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" when I go on long vacations. If I had a nickle for all the people who specifically wanted to talk about their difficulties with reading that book, I'd at least be able to buy lunch at McDonald's!

I'll be trying my first solo cruise, at the end of February. So if you see a petite female with auburn hair toting a book wherever she goes, on the Radiance of the Seas 2/27 to 3/6, say hello. It's probably me! :D

I have done 14 cruises with my mother and sister but this is my first solo. Down the Amazon and to places I want to go... Devil's Islands.

I am already looking at other places I want to go..

But having said that, I am a little on edge over being "alone".

Hi blackbird:)

I am going solo next month...for the 6th time in a row....do you see a pattern here?;)

Don't be concerned.......you will have a wonderful time. Cruising solo is wonderful...you can do what you want when you want......

I am one of those folks who doesn't have to always "be doing something"...if that makes sense. A good book by the pool bar with an adult beverage makes me happy.

Cruisers are great people.....usually very open to meeting other people....and remember, most of the time you have at least one thing in common...you LOVE TO CRUISE:D

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they do. I will cruise on Carnival Pride 4/24-5/1, 05 and looking forward to it. If you a willing to let go and be willing to meet and talk to new people, I promise you that you will have fun on any cruis line you may go on.:) :)

Blackbird:) ....those photos are mostly staff and crew that I become friends with on my cruises.....they love it when pax enjoy themselves!

There are also some with friends on different sailings too....but I do go solo;) ....cruising is a wonderful place to meet people....fortuntely I am outgoing and have made some lifelong friends on my cruises.

I've been on 6 in the last ~3 years and have two more planned. Though, I am taking my parents on Elation in April so not really "solo" but I have my own cabin. I've also met up with people from prior cruises on one previously and the later one this year. I'm not exactly a social butterfly either. I think we single guys get 'adopted' somewhat as a curiosity and then they find out what great folks we are. :D

I looked on the family cruises special interest group-but all the posts there seem to include both parents. I am a newbie, so sorry if I am posting in the wrong area---

But have any of you guys run across single parent cruisers? Just a mom and 1 kid. My son (7) wanted to cruise this year & not with the mouse, so we are going on Carnival...Just worried we will be oddities.

Thanks.

Sorry guys, I found a post concerning this one!:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a single (divorced) late 30 something female who has cruised solo and I can attest that I have met single 40 something solo traveling males on board ;)

I am sure that the time, ship, cruiseline that you sail makes a difference but I guess that I selected well :) I enjoyed much time alone and also found female single friends, male single friends and married/couples to hang and have fun with.

Cruising Carnival Pride on the 10th solo - my first time cruising solo. Not quite sure what to expect, as I'm a bit of an introvert. Torn between wanting to socialize and be invisible. Que sera sera, eh?

Art

M/34

The great part about going solo, you can do both!! I know when I cruise solo, the people at my table will attempt to adopt me and want me to tag along with them. If I click with my tablemates, I will hang with them, but if not I will just excuse myself and go off on my own.

Traveling solo gives you so much freedom to do what you want, without worrying about waiting on someone to get ready or doing something just because the person that you travel with wants to do it.

You will have a great time Im sure of it!! Just expect a wonderful cruise. I find people on cruises to be very friendly and approachable. Also,about the tablemates, I have almost always been seated with other singles. I opt for late seating so that might also increase my chances of sitting with other singles.

Let us now how it goes.

Thanks for the advice! I had originally requested early seating, but just called and changed it to late seating. It also occurs to me that more families (esp. with younger children) would probably pick the earlier seating (this is what you were alluding to, right?). I'm hoping that the later seating might make for a more civil dining experience. :)

Art

Where does it go? I'm a SWM 43.

I really want to do a Trans-Atlantic. Anyone ever been solo in Europe?

other Paul

There are several of us (all single but 1 or 2 who are cruising sans hubbies) doing a transatlantic next year... not sure we will be going "solo" since rooming together saves $$ and we are planning 4-5 days in port of embarkation first, but there will definitely be "singles" onboard.

I would cruise solo on a transatlantic in a heartbeat.. with all those great sea days and lots of congenial folks aboard you would have perfect mix IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived