Anyone going in 2008/9?

soraya

We are on the Falklands/South Georgia/Antarctica cruise with Quark Expeditions sailing from Ushuaia on January 15, 2009. If anyone else is on this trip, let me know. Meantime, we have to get the right clothes to take and worry about how to get away with carrying on all of our camera gear ... :confused: (11 pound carry-on limit on Aerolineas Argentinas!)

Chris

Thanks everyone for the help! Now I have trouble finding winter clothing in a place which is 40 degrees... yay! :D propblem is here its just fasion nothing practicle is on sail. What type of boots should I take?

Also anyone going on the December 16 ''Christmas in the Ice Kingdom'' cruise?

If you are staying in Ushuaia overnight pre-cruise, there was a pretty comprehensive Columbia(?) type store on the main street (or there was in Jan 2007) that would have everything you need.

Cheers

Hi there, not sure if they do them but is there any chance of Wellington boots from Shoe Mart?

I'm fortunate in Scotland where you can buy cold weather gear all year round! I may get to test some kit soon as they're predicting snow on Friday!

I found a good internet resource for antarctic gear...

ShopAntarctica.com has a feature that let's you indicate your cruise and then suggests what you need to take. If you ship provides a parka they seem to know that so don't include it in the packing list.

Margo

• 2 weeks later...

im going to antarctica on the vavilov (quark expeditions) nov 11, 2009, to the antarctic peninsula. it'll be my first time there. trying to figure out what to wear too.. i live in LA so don't know how to dress in cold weather.

Hi there, not sure if they do them but is there any chance of Wellington boots from Shoe Mart?

I'm fortunate in Scotland where you can buy cold weather gear all year round! I may get to test some kit soon as they're predicting snow on Friday!

I believe LL Bean ships overseas. Try LLbean dot com

Archived