Need more luggage tags

4cats4me

Generous Princess gave us 3 luggage tags for our forthcoming cruise.

usually they give us six. Can I get extras at the port of L.A. or

will Princess mail me some extras? I've never been short-changed in

the luggage tag department before. Can I contact Princess for this

without having to go through my T.A., or will my T.A. be able to

procure some more tags for us? thanks.:)

You can get all you need at the port, no problemo.

Re check your tags and make sure that there is not another set back to back.

I would have sworn that we had only three the last two times and behold there were three more on the reverse.

Mike:)

p.s. That is a beautiful avatar.

You can get all you need at the port, no problemo.

Re check your tags and make sure that there is not another set back to back.

I would have sworn that we had only three the last two times and behold there were three more on the reverse.

Mike:)

p.s. That is a beautiful avatar.

thank you mike for the quick info. I did check but they unfortunately are

not stuck together -- glad you like my far-out avatar!

We only received 3 as well for our upcoming Island Princess cruise. :(

Those darned cut backs! ;) Guess they are attempting to either save on paper and sticky stuff, or they have been reading that the airlines are limiting checked bags now. :(

They figure with the new airline baggage charges that you'll only be checking the big bags (1 each person) and bringing your other bags as carryon. That way you only need two tags with an extra in case they make you gate check the 50 lb garment bag you're carrying with all your formal wear, shoes, etc in it. :eek:

We find the newer luggage tags tend to stick to each other. What we thought were only three were really six all cozied up to each other. :rolleyes:

I just got three, as well, for my upcoming cruise. And, I came close to peeling them off to try and separate possible additional ones.

My cat didn't eat them, as alas he is going on another cruiseline. He's going with a group led by Garfield and Top Cat. They don't have any checked bags. I believe they are going to the canary islands. ;)

ETA: I take it back. I just found the other three by moving my fingers back and forth while holding them.

Put your information on the tags, make a copy, then laminate or use packaging tape. I always do this and take them with me in case something happens to the ones I have already placed on my luggage.

Sandy

We have 6 and that will be enough for me but my husband will have to get some for his luggage.:rolleyes: :D

OMG - That is what my husband always says too when we get ours and then adds - Could I have just one....pleazzze:p Since I do like to bring him along....I share.;)

We have 6 and that will be enough for me but my husband will have to get some for his luggage.:rolleyes: :D

Do you & Cruising Grandpa pack along a Professional Luggage Humper ?

I just got three, as well, for my upcoming cruise. ETA: I take it back. I just found the other three by moving my fingers back and forth while holding them.

I thought we had only 3 - but on closer inspection, I found that there were 6. I might not have looked as close, had it not been for reading this thread - hahaha!!
A little hint for others who only have three: If your three tags are colored on both sides, you actually have six. ;)

Crinkle them up or slide them back and forth in your fingers (like a plastic sack you need to open) to separate.

Also, type and print your information on sticky labels.....bring a sheet of them along, just in case. :rolleyes:

I've had to use extra ones once when an overly zealous porter grabbed the tag, instead of the bag and off it came. He put another tag on and I handed him the label, it made it so much easier than waiting for him to write down the information. :)

You're so welcome!

We also bring a full sheet label to put on our box of "Diet Green Tea with Ginseng" that we bring along. (For local departure docks, only.) My DH can not drink alcohol or soda........he has specific allergies and it's a health issue so we shlep what he can enjoy!!!!!!

We type:

Please deliver to:

Ship Name

Your Name

Destination and Date

Cabin #

We attach one on the top and one on either side of the box (lately, we've been using plastic tubs, purchsed at Wal-Mart and have taped down the top), they have handles, on each side, much easier to load and unload for us and for the porters! We just leave it in the cabin, after our trip. They're not expensive and maybe the steward can use it or throw it away. We ask the steward to please remove the "stuff" in the fridge and we stock it up with our own!

The delivery has ALWAYS made it to our cabin before the "Muster Drill". And I ALWAYS give the porter an extra tip!!!!!!!! :)

Same thing happend to me. 3 luggage tags for me - HAH!! They must have been kidding.:D What would I use for my husband's luggage???Seriously though, I first called Princess since they were the ones who sent them to me. I inquired who I would speak to at Princess regarding luggage tags. They immediately said they couldn't assist me in that area, but that I should just ask the porters at the pier for additional tags. End of Discussion. So don't worry, you just have to run around at the pier finding out where the porters keep the tags. Since that first time, I have had it happen more times than I care to remember. But it is such a happy day, it would take a lot more to ruffle my feathers that day. Just don't sweat the small stuff. You will succeed in getting the tags and just have to rush to write all the info on them at that time. Enjoy and Happy Sailing!!!

"Run around at the pier".......I don't think so!!!!!!

It's not much fun to have to:

1. Find a porter who will give you the time to write down all your info!

2. Run Around before I cruise? Wait...I'm on vacation...no running around in a frantic pace to do ANYTHING!!!!! Remember, you're on vacation!!!!;)

Not only would I be "sweating" but I'd be pulling out those feathers you're talking about!:eek:

I pre-print all information on sticky labels (have them ready to give to Porter if necessary!)

As I write this, we just had an earthquake, here in "shaky" Southern California......Pictures are falling....Everyone seems to be okay!

Archived