Age of passengers

neverpar

I have a gal going on our cruise in December, she is 20 years old and her boy friend is 26 or 27...Carnival is telling my TA that the gal will need a signed notorized letter from both of her parents saying it's ok to go on the cruise......your opinions?? Her father has never been in the picture as far a being a father to her, and I'm not even sure she knows where he is at these days..

I thought as long as the passenger was in a cabin with someone over 25 there wasn't a problem. These two have been together for a few years and they just had a baby together a few months ago. No they are not married..

I have a gal going on our cruise in December, she is 20 years old and her boy friend is 26 or 27...Carnival is telling my TA that the gal will need a signed notorized letter from both of her parents saying it's ok to go on the cruise......your opinions?? Her father has never been in the picture as far a being a father to her, and I'm not even sure she knows where he is at these days..

I thought as long as the passenger was in a cabin with someone over 25 there wasn't a problem. These two have been together for a few years and they just had a baby together a few months ago. No they are not married..

I'VE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM. MAINLY BECAUSE I HAVE NOT HAD A 20 YEAR OLD GIRLFRIEND IN A LONG LONG TIME:D . BUT I DID FIND THIS INFO FROM CARNIVAL.

spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

Thank-you......that's what I was afraid of. They do live together....hhmmmm what would they have to have to prove that they are a domestic couple?? Maybe a copy of their lease on their apartment??

I WOULD CALL CARNIVAL, BECAUSE I THINK AS LONG AS SHE HAD A LETTER FROM ATLEAST ONE OF HER PARENTS GIVING HER BOYFRIEND GUARDIANSHIP THAT WOULD BE OK. I'M SURE CARNIVAL WOULD KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE HAS BOTH PARENTS IN THERE LIFES.

I WOULD CALL CARNIVAL, BECAUSE I THINK AS LONG AS SHE HAD A LETTER FROM ATLEAST ONE OF HER PARENTS GIVING HER BOYFRIEND GUARDIANSHIP THAT WOULD BE OK. I'M SURE CARNIVAL WOULD KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE HAS BOTH PARENTS IN THERE LIFES.

I will do that......thanks again :D

UM...........I don't think I'd know what to do with one anymore....:D .....

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! I WOULD JUST HOPE SHE CAME WITH INSTRUCTIONS. OH YE AND I WOULD HAVE TO GET PERMISSION FROM MY WIFE.:D

I cannot imagine Carnival mandating a letter from a 20 year olds parents saying the boyfriend is the "legal guardian".

In what state does a parent have any legal liability or have legal guardianship for a 20 year old? I would call Carnival, I think as long as he is over 25 and they are a couple Carnival won't have a problem.

Carnival is very clear on this. Under 21 must be in a cabin with a PARENT or GUARDIAN 25 or older.

If they were married, and provided proof, it would be OK. If they were domestic partners and could prove that, it would be OK.

However, neither situation applies....and a boyfriend isn't considered a parent or legal guardian.

If they show up anyway, they will be denied boarding with no refund.

Carnival is very clear on this. Under 21 must be in a cabin with a PARENT or GUARDIAN 25 or older.

If they were married' date=' and provided proof, it would be OK. If they were domestic partners and could prove that, it would be OK.

However, neither situation applies....and a boyfriend isn't considered a parent or legal guardian.

If they show up anyway, they will be denied boarding with no refund.[/quote']

Sorry you're wrong. I just called Carnival (888-CARNIVAL) and asked the personal vacation planner this specific case, what if unmarried couple ages 20 and 27 are traveling together, is there a problem? The PVP said no, as long as the other person in the cabin is OVER 25 it's fine. There does not need to be any documentation of guardianship for a passenger over 18, period!

To the original poster, your travel agent needs to call Carnival and not make assumptions based on what's printed in the FAQ handbook.

Sorry you're wrong. I just called Carnival (888-CARNIVAL) and asked the personal vacation planner this specific case, what if unmarried couple ages 20 and 27 are traveling together, is there a problem? The PVP said no, as long as the other person in the cabin is OVER 25 it's fine. There does not need to be any documentation of guardianship for a passenger over 18, period!

To the original poster, your travel agent needs to call Carnival and not make assumptions based on what's printed in the FAQ handbook.

My TA said she has talked with Carnival and they told her that documentation will be needed........absurd as that may be! You know when you call Carnival you can get a different answer from everyone you talk to..

From the current Carnival contract (http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/ticket_contract.aspx):

Section 2 - "(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision."

If the "boyfriend" is over 25 it seems to me that 2 (f) (1) is satisfied. However, I'd want something in writing from Carnival just to be safe. Arguing with someone at embarkation is rarely productive.

Archived