Pacific Sun - rough ride back to Auckland

Ignore the press requests, all they do apply their own brand of sensationalism to whatever is said.

Correct..... muck rakers the lot of them... i was just posting a reply when it got poofed.... but i did want to say that the comment made about the Caribbean had me rofl........Chez you can't be serious :eek: cheers shiona

Hi guys long time reader, first time poster. I hope all the passengers on the Sun are ok. Also hope the ship has no damage as we fly to Auckland on Tuesday and board the Sun on the 10th of August. I noticed Shiona that we are on your cruise next April to Hawaii.

but i did want to say that the comment made about the Caribbean had me rofl........Chez you can't be serious :eek: cheers shiona

Hope you didnt hurt yourself:p

Can you send me an email at cherylab at tpg dot com au

Just in case you didn't notice, this thread has made the Cruise Critic News Page. Cruise Critic News

And the weather reminds me of our (land) trip to New Zealand five years ago when the road south to Dunedin from Christchurch was closed due to serious rain damage.

Hi Mick & family, we are staying at the stamford plaza (just up the road from the port) Just spoke to the P&O rep down at the wharf and all looks ok for boarding tomorrow - KEEPING ALL FINGERS & TOES CROSSED!! Sorry about our terrible weather here in Auckland - its not normally this bad, I promise.... no really....

Thought we might go to the movies today, it's kind of hard being a tourist in your own city. Hope you found the golf place and that you enjoy today. See you tomorrow on the ship all going well.

Take care

Lisa & Anton

Kiwi Kruzer, can you see her at all from your place?

No. Not today,bit misty in the Gulf.We can see the ships in the distance on a clear day.Thought I might pick it up on the Takapuna windsurf cam,but that one only updates every 30 minutes.

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

is saying that AHN media is reporting one person has been killed. wow! it would have been so scary. i can just imagine the relief when they get back to Auckland.

That’s incorrect see: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15639593&postcount=13

We have also spoken to P&O' s press department in Australia and they have said that the above report is false.Thanks, Kelly

Hi Mick & family, we are staying at the stamford plaza (just up the road from the port) Just spoke to the P&O rep down at the wharf and all looks ok for boarding tomorrow - KEEPING ALL FINGERS & TOES CROSSED!! Sorry about our terrible weather here in Auckland - its not normally this bad, I promise.... no really....

Thought we might go to the movies today, it's kind of hard being a tourist in your own city. Hope you found the golf place and that you enjoy today. See you tomorrow on the ship all going well.

Take care

Lisa & Anton

Lol,we just got back from the wharf, watching PS come in you might have been there at the same time as we waited from around 12.They said the same to me about boarding tomorro.Kids loved seeing her.

Golf place is only 100 feet from our hotel.Met another older couple at the wharf that flew over with us and are staying at the same hotel as us.:D

Auckland is great and a great harbour city, oldest wants to come boating here in summer.

See you on the ship tomorro.

Hi guys long time reader, first time poster. I hope all the passengers on the Sun are ok. Also hope the ship has no damage as we fly to Auckland on Tuesday and board the Sun on the 10th of August. I noticed Shiona that we are on your cruise next April to Hawaii.

Hey welcome to cruise critic nluck2 you must come join our roll call for the Rhapsody of the Seas cruise....we have a great bunch of cruisers and don't forget you can also sign up for the meet and greet.....heres the link for the last page of the roll call......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=646751&page=32

ps: have a fantastic time on the Sun..............cheers shiona

Poor things. What is it about the seas around New Zealand????

2714344143_86499d58ef.jpg?v=0

Hi all,

Very upsetting for the passengers aboard Pacific Sun. We have just had TV news coverage of some passengers disembarking in Auckland. Rumours of severe injuries to passengers have been a little exaggerated.

It looks as though damage to passengers and chaos on board ship occurred while the captain was executing a turn to head into the set of the waves. A large wave caught the ship broadside as it was completing this manoeuvre.

In defence of P&O, I would like to point out that:

1. It is winter here in New Zealand.
  2. We have just endured extreme wind and rain conditions on land here, with two consecutive "weather bombs" which have caused flooding bad enough for several areas to declare a state of emergency.
  3. This weather pattern is the worst we have had in NZ since Cyclone Bola, about 20 years ago. It isn't usually this bad!

Archived