Wine in Sydney

Sandra, if you are leaving on the ship from wharf 8, Darling Harbour, you can go across to the other side and find a wine shop in the Darling Harbour retail area, or any of the City 'Pubs' can provide you with bottled or cask wine. Are you travelling on Princess or P&O.? You will be OK taking wine on Princess but P&O a no, no.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hi Les

Rhapsody of the Seas is the ship ...we will be onboard for the second leg of her b2b so hope to catch up then....Sandra i am still trying to work out how to get the time to get to your house to drink that superb Limoncello......lol..

I see you have booked the Millennium for 2010 which leg are you doing we are on the Sydney to Honolulu cruise.......cheers shiona

Hi - Can someone recommend a good place to buy wine in Sydney. Close to the Pier would be good.

Can't wait to drink some good Aussie Vino !!!!:p

Sandra

Documents I have for Rhapsody state no alcohol, no wine to be taken onboard.

Hi - Can someone recommend a good place to buy wine in Sydney. Close to the Pier would be good.

Can't wait to drink some good Aussie Vino !!!!:p

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I cannot recommend anywhere nearby to your ship, as I live and work out in the suburbs :(. I would recommend that you don't buy anything from The Rocks area right next to the ship though - tourist strip = tourist ripoffs, same as everywhere. :) Walk a couple of blocks up George street to get into the regular shopping area, with the Pitt street mall and Queen Victoria Building (QVB) area the main shopping precinct. - the blocks bounded by King, George, Elizabeth, and Bathurst streets. There is a supermarket at Town Hall station (under Sydney town hall), probably others around too.

This page is a search of the telephone directory for liquor retailers in the Sydney CBD (Just about all liquor retailers also sell wine.): http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/postSearchEntry.do?clueType=0&clue=Liquor+Stores--Retail&locationClue=sydney+cbd+NSW&x=0&y=0

The very top of the little map there is where your ship will dock. It would take maybe 25 minutes to walk from one end of that map to the other, from circular quay to central rail.

Or, if you feel like a scenic walk, there is a 'BWS' liquor store right at the bottom of the steps on the other side of the harbour bridge. The shop is nothing special, but it's a great walk. You could catch a taxi back. You walk up thru The Rocks to get onto the bridge; stick to the walkway on the Opera house side, as the other side is reserved for cyclists, and they get narky when pedestrians enter their territory. Even Canadian pedestrians, sorry! :o

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Neil.

Archived