just off explorer 4/3 cruise

we had perfect weather, smooth sailing.

the staff was great, food was good. the pool is salt water (atleast the adult pool was) and the only charge at johnny rockets was for the milkshakes. these were questions that kept coming up when i was checking the boards before we cruised. the only excursions we took were too the beaches, did it all on our own. any other questions....just ask

Hannymom - Thanks for your post. We were on E.O.S. three years ago (when it was just into its second year) and are scheduled to return this January. How is the ship holding up, condition-wise? Who was the Cruise Director?

Thanks!

Happy cruising to one and all...

V.O.S.!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2005;1;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

i thought the ship was in great shape. i think you would have to look long and hard to find wear and tear. the ship was spotless.

james andrews was our cruise director. he was awesome. that man is everywhere. as busy as he is, he took the time to come to our meet and mingle get together, posed for pictures with us, answered all of our questions. he said he sometimes reads these boards so if you are reading james, i'll take a discount off of my next rc cruise for putting in the good word for you. seriously though, you do an unbelievable job!!

queenteacher, explorer is now doing the eastern carribean so i can't help you with your question. sorry.

Hannymom,

Good to hear the news about the great CD. I've been on cruises w/ total duds, and it really can make a difference! Who was the Captain and Social Hostess on your ship? Less than 2 weeks, and I'll be on EOS!

Thanks!

Explorer 04/2004

Mercury 04/2003

Rhapsody 09/2002

Century 02/2002

Hi Hannymom we are cruising the Explorer 5/1/04 eastern. Where did you stop at instead of Lebadee? First time cruiser here. Oh have to ask did you take any booze on with you? See anyone else getting theirs taken away? How hard was it to get a lounge chair by the pool? Thanks in advance for your answers.

25th wedding anniversary on the EOS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;5;1;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Hannymom

I am glad you enjoyed your cruise and had smooth sailing.

We cruise on Explorer later this year and intend to spend our shore time just visiting the beaches. We would also like to make our own way. Please can you advise me which beaches you visited and how you got to them.

Thanks in advance.

Until we sail explorer

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

first timer, we had captain pedercini. sorry, don't know who the hostess was.

concon1, lebadee isn't on the eastern itinerary. we didn't bring on booze or know of anyone that did. the pool chairs are a mess. the days at sea are terrible. people would drop off towels and you wouldn't see them again all morning. port days were better, still hard to get a chair around a pool but you could go up on the next deck. i wish they would do a better job on people that save chairs for hours and hours.

ms jo uk,

at st. maartin, we took the water taxi to the beach. $3 per person each way. not a bad deal.

at st thomas, we went to megans bay. we took a taxi. the sights along the way are gorgeous. megans bay is very calm, very pretty but my daughter wanted to parasail so after about an hour we took another taxi over to coki beach. one word of caution, the traffic coming back to the ships is awful because there are 5 cruise ships there on wednesdays. so give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship... there is also shopping right across from where we dock at st thomas.

Archived